Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:06 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Sorry about the descriptive title
Better that then having posters reading this thread while eating.

Keep in mind if she's eating grass, who knows what kind of fertilizer or pesticides are in there. I'm not saying you use any but when others get their lawns done or sprayed or even their trees sprayed, that is not good for the cat. If there was some way you could prevent her from eating the grass to see if she does or does not throw up again. Try to experiment, that is the only way you're going to find out what is causing it. Best of luck and I hope she gets better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 09:14 AM

102 posts, read 217,850 times
All cats will vomit every once in a while.It could be a hairball(particularly if you have a long haired cat).My vet once told me that a cat or a dog will eat grass as a sort of tonic if their stomaches were upset.The grass will cause them to vomit and get rid of their discomfort.
You don't say what kind of food you are feeding your cat but my advice is to buy the very best you can afford.Mine is on Science Diet and she not only looks great,she always gets a glowing report from the vet.Even a cat as seemingly healthy as mine throws up once in a while.
Unless it is ongoing and causing the cat distress,chances are it's normal.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:24 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
I'm no expert on the ways of cats, but yakking (LMAO) is what they do. I'm just grateful that BoyKitty does it more often than not on the kitchen or basement floors instead of the carpeting.

We had an elderly cat a few years back, and a small apartment. I had carved out exactly enough space for my yoga practice; at least three mornings a week that damn cat would barf in my yoga space. Grrrrrrr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Once a week is nothing.
That's what I was thinking. *sigh*

Old 10-06-2009, 10:40 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Ok, it looks like this is normal for some cats. Glad I got the new carpet chocolate brown

I still hate getting up at 4 am stepping in cold cat barf with bare feet Bleeechhhhh...

Old 10-06-2009, 10:42 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,324,281 times
I still hate getting up at 4 am stepping in cold cat barf with bare feet Bleeechhhhh...[/quote]

Ahhh the joys of cat ownership.....................

Old 10-06-2009, 01:26 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
There is nothing quite like it (fortunately!).

Old 10-08-2009, 03:49 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
Our cat puked up a bright green garden snake's head. And then I puked up breakfast.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:08 PM

691 posts, read 2,328,334 times
No more grass. Start feeding cat canned food, 2x a day, small amounts, not too much, maybe a 1/4 cup of dry food a day. Always tons of water. Beau eats Iams disgestive food for sensitive digestive systems (pink bag). Brush cat each day for 10 minutes a day.

He went from barfing every day, to maybe 1 or 2x a month.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:42 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,353,667 times
My kitty never 'brings up' anything except an occasional furball. But I had a cat when I was a kid who 'brought up' a hamster he'd eaten... that was gross!

Old 09-05-2015, 05:57 PM

2 posts, read 31,987 times
Boy, I know this is a really old thread but you should all know that eating grass is a standard kitty, and dog, thing and then they barf, or not. Of my 2 kitty boys, only one like to eat greens and his choice is cilantro so I buy it for him and keep it washed and in the refrigerator for him and periodically clip leaves off for him. He actually eats it with no regurgitation; lucky me. Eating greens is normal for animals; some say it aids in their digestion. It is important to make sure that you check your house and yard to make certain that there are no dangerous plants or grasses available to your pets. My cats are indoors only and I do not keep any indoor plants because Jack will eat anything green and I don't want him to get sick; I would just rather buy him his cilantro. You can also plant special grass for your animals that is easier for them to digets. Just go to your local pet store and theey should have something. If not; look up topic on the web and you will find a lot of info that will be a lot of help.

Keep those kitties and puppies safe and healthy!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats