Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 08:49 AM

548 posts, read 1,479,154 times

Advertisements

I have nothing to add to the wonderful things that have already been said. Just sending hugs from Milo and me. ((Hugs)) to everyone grieving over a lost pet and facing having to put their sweet furry loved ones to sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 09:36 AM

66 posts, read 199,671 times
Winterberry02
[SIZE=3] I was in a similar position when I took my beloved Kitty in to the vet on Oct. 22nd. I could no longer get her to take her oral thyroid meds, so we were using the one that is absorbed through the skin in her ear… and still her T4 was out of control. My kitchen counter looked like a pet food store… I was trying so hard to find something… anything… that she would eat. At night she would wake me up, licking my face and talking… I believed because she was so hungry… so I would get up and open another new can… and she would take maybe one or two bites. She had been dropping weight… her little back bone and hip bones stuck out. I hoped I was making progress, because it looked like her stomach was a little bigger, but when she was weighed on the 22nd, in three weeks she had lost another 13 ounces. The vet decided to do x-rays… Feline intestinal lymphoma was what she believed she saw… at any rate there was a huge growth. Chemo might have been tried, but the vet felt that it would not be successful. And so…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Like you, I believe that this was my last act of love for her and I stayed with her and held her... even though my own heart was breaking.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] May you be given strength as you make this sacrifice of love…[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Deepest sympathy goes out to you… and your family… in your pain and loss.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 01-16-2013, 04:21 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times
None of my pets have died at home & having them pts was the right thing to do. I hated it but i had no choice & i would not let them suffer. My 16 y/o cat was pts almost 3 weeks ago & watching him go from 15 to 9 or 10 lbs in 2 months was heart breaking. Out of all the cats i have had he was the most unique & intresting. He did things my other cats never did & i bragged about him the most. I had 14.2 yrs with him everyday except 3 days in 2009 when i was in the hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats