Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 11:40 AM

15,893 posts, read 18,205,735 times

Advertisements

I trust the vet. She recommended several different brands of food and she took the time to explain the dietary needs of cats to me. I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to viewing cats as anthropomorphic.
I feel I should gargle or something after using that word.

She called me this morning to tell me that Annie was doing well and I could come in between 3 and 4 to learn how to give the shots and oral meds. I can then bring her home. I can't wait. Annie will be upset with me, I'm certain, but she will get over it quickly once she is comfy back at home.

She also said that Annie was "fractious." Biting and scratching.

In other words she is the terror of the ICU.

I am not proclaiming that with pride but rather, I think it indicates that she is feeling stronger and better physically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 11:45 AM

548 posts, read 1,474,276 times
I'm so glad you'll have your Annie home again soon.

Also, great vocab in your post. I learned something today.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:25 PM

622 posts, read 1,714,420 times
Then your at the mercy of the pet food industry.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPride View Post
Then your at the mercy of the pet food industry.
I don't think so. My bridge partner is a vet and I'm going to call her about all of this cat diet stuff after I get Annie home and she takes a nap (I hope).

There is no way that I would ever believe that vets work on the sly for the pet food industry. Granted, I tend to trust people but it has never backfired on me in any big way. Trust but verify. I plan to do my homework on this. My cats mean too much to me to ever allow me to be lazy about their care.

Old 11-01-2009, 04:16 PM

Annie is home!

The minute I got her out of the carrier she started purring.

What a relief. I'm so relieved that I could cry but I think I'll have some chocolate instead. Sugar free, of course.

Thank you all for caring and for the good advice.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:46 AM

9,352 posts, read 19,938,879 times
what happy happy news!!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 07:43 AM

1,188 posts, read 5,517,875 times
Wonderful news! Give all three of the kids hugs and kisses from all of us on CD.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:10 AM

605 posts, read 2,978,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I asked the doc about my 13 year old cat, Stella. I have changed her diet, too. Senior wet for Ms. Stella from now on. She thinks it's wonderful. She loves the wet food and this way she will get liquids, too.

The thing I have to figure out now is how to keep each of them away from the other one's food. That will be fun.
I separate my cats at feeding time. I feed canned only (grain free Wellness with an occasional can of Weruva Finger-Licken Chicken or Mideast Feast) so it is just a matter of dishing up the plates and bringing it into the rooms I use and shutting the doors.

The major advantage of feeding separately is, of course, you can feed different foods to different kitties, but I can also immediately tell if someone isn't eating. Very handy if you have a diabetic cat.

Good luck, I'm so glad she's home and feeling better!

Old 11-02-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna B. View Post
I separate my cats at feeding time. I feed canned only (grain free Wellness with an occasional can of Weruva Finger-Licken Chicken or Mideast Feast) so it is just a matter of dishing up the plates and bringing it into the rooms I use and shutting the doors.

The major advantage of feeding separately is, of course, you can feed different foods to different kitties, but I can also immediately tell if someone isn't eating. Very handy if you have a diabetic cat.

Good luck, I'm so glad she's home and feeling better!
Thanks, Hanna. I will do what you are doing regarding separating the kitties at meal time.

I've really got this insulin shot down pat. Annie barely notices it when I give her a shot. I'm glad she is not a drama queen.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:50 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,300,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I've really got this insulin shot down pat. Annie barely notices it when I give her a shot. I'm glad she is not a drama queen.

Hey glad to hear it! I got a funny for you. My Jensen will ask for his shot. He's gotten used to the idea the shot = canned food. he'll go into the kitchen at dinner time and either howl or wait for you to come in.

Now if it's breakfast he'll walk in and wake you up.......at 5 AM!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats