Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 04:15 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,763,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
Yeah......thanks and I thought I'd give you an update since it has been a couple of months. The one has started spending extensive time inside and just this week has started sleeping on our bed at night. The only reason I hesitate on fully committing is that during the day,he is still going across the common area fence to where he came from for hours at a time. If he would fully commit to us,I would fully commit to him. He is so comfortable with me now,he just flops down on his back for me to give him a belly rub. However,I don't think he would ever be happy being a total inside cat and an inside/outside part-time cat is not really working for me. There's still two who are sleeping on the screenroom at night on blankets we've provided and when it is real cold,we put "Hot Hands" out there for them. There's several others who come and eat and leave. I feel like I'm running a "Cat Bed & Breakfast." Ha! Ha! I enjoy it though and will do all I can to help them.
My Carly was a 'mountain cat' for her first 3 years. . .mostly outdoor and she was an avid & voracious huntress who managed to evade the cougar who was occasionally sighted in the area.

Anyway, later on and after moving to another state, there came the time when she had to become indoor only. My choice was that, or I had to give her up. I chose to keep her, and truly it did take some time for her to acclimate ~ about 3-4 months ~ but she was able to adjust and now she's a happy-camper being totally indoors.

So. . .it can be done, at least with some cats. I hope it all works out OK for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 05:25 AM

698 posts, read 3,266,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
She and the other friendly one is helping heal the hole Goldie left in my heart.

Florida, you keep doing what you are doing, for the hole in the heart after the loss of a loved one is bottomless. Maybe by helping those less fortunate and in need cats, will be therapy for you to move forward after your loss. With time, the pain will lessen, but until then, geeze, one just doesn't quite know what to do, for your just cannot walk away from this pain. I am really sorry for your loss, and pray that you do find a way to get beyond this pain, AND that the hole may be filled with love once again!
Thank you so much for the encouraging,understanding words and your prayers. Yes,helping all these furbabies is helping me a lot and I will continue to do it. The only problem is I get too attached to them and worry about them when they're out roaming around elsewhere. I named all of them even before Goldie died and have just grown closer to them over time........especially the ones who stay here most of the time.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
My Carly was a 'mountain cat' for her first 3 years. . .mostly outdoor and she was an avid & voracious huntress who managed to evade the cougar who was occasionally sighted in the area.

Anyway, later on and after moving to another state, there came the time when she had to become indoor only. My choice was that, or I had to give her up. I chose to keep her, and truly it did take some time for her to acclimate ~ about 3-4 months ~ but she was able to adjust and now she's a happy-camper being totally indoors.

So. . .it can be done, at least with some cats. I hope it all works out OK for you.
Thanks for the encouragement and hope.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:59 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,575,016 times
I have helped on S/N day for one of our local TNR groups. I think ths most upset I ever got was watching the vet search and search in a cats tummy and everything was already gone. She had either been dumped by her owner or the vet that did the surgery before didn't tip her ear. I did the prep work and there was NO visable scar and the vet didn't see one either as he cut her open.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura707 View Post
i have helped on s/n day for one of our local tnr groups. I think ths most upset i ever got was watching the vet search and search in a cats tummy and everything was already gone. She had either been dumped by her owner or the vet that did the surgery before didn't tip her ear. I did the prep work and there was no visable scar and the vet didn't see one either as he cut her open.
How terribly sad.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Awww, this is just great! If these two creatures are smart, they will stick with you. . .

Canned food Salmon I'd say you're pretty far gone towards officially taking them in....Congratulations!
Yes,definitely and seriously considering it. The one who comes inside is spending every night now either on bunk bed in guest room or in our bed. He trust me so much,he is sitting in my lap and also rolls over on his back and ask for belly rubs which I'm happy to give him. I'll send you a couple pictures as soon as I figure out how to transfer them from iphoto. So far all that transfers is the number of the file without the picture. ?????? Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I didn't have any problem transferring to facebook,but here it is a problem.?????

Old 02-05-2010, 07:07 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,763,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
Yes,definitely and seriously considering it. The one who comes inside is spending every night now either on bunk bed in guest room or in our bed. He trust me so much,he is sitting in my lap and also rolls over on his back and ask for belly rubs which I'm happy to give him. I'll send you a couple pictures as soon as I figure out how to transfer them from iphoto. So far all that transfers is the number of the file without the picture. ?????? Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I didn't have any problem transferring to facebook,but here it is a problem.?????
Well I have a Mac also, and I'll admit I don't do a lot with iPhoto. (Heh, haven't really read the instructions as yet...) Why not drag the pics out of iPhoto to the desk top and proceed from there? Or copy to the DeskTop? You're using a 3rd party host, right? Like Photobucket or such?

I think Facebook will accept stuff right from your computer, but last I knew, at C-D, one has to use an intermediary host.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Well I have a Mac also, and I'll admit I don't do a lot with iPhoto. (Heh, haven't really read the instructions as yet...) Why not drag the pics out of iPhoto to the desk top and proceed from there? Or copy to the DeskTop? You're using a 3rd party host, right? Like Photobucket or such?

I think Facebook will accept stuff right from your computer, but last I knew, at C-D, one has to use an intermediary host.
I have been using iphoto for years without a problem except on CD. I did try putting them on desktop from file and dragging them to CD,but it didn't work. Oh,well...no biggie. Thanks for your help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats