Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 12:45 PM

283 posts, read 892,375 times

Advertisements

I saw this last night on the news. It was so cute, at first. Then I saw the officer kicking the cat away I thought that was mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 10:21 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
I thought it was sort of mean too, but the cop could have done a lot worse.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:55 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
What a cute kitty and do think I saw a collar so probably just one that's kept outside. IMO I think the cop showed remarkable restraint considering the little furbabbie was crawling over his head and shoulders when he was trying to write a ticket. Tried to watch the video real close and not sure if he was so much kicking it as shoving it away with the side of his shoe. I'm a total animal lover, so I'd be screaming bloody murder if I thought he was trying to hurt it, but do think he did put up with an awful lot of lovin' by the kitty before he shooed it away. Thank God this looked like a more rural area and all that 'cause cops never know who they'll walk up to in a routine traffic stop and like catman said, could have been a lot worse. Anyway, cute video and at the end looked like the furbabbie was doing good.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:59 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times
Yes the cat is doing fine. The cat found the reporter when she went out there. The reporter even picked up the cat and said it was purring and then she let him down and as she tried to leave he kept following her. The old man she interviewed owns the cat and says it is very friendly with everyone.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:39 AM

2,788 posts, read 8,011,325 times
Makes me miss my kitty. She used to climb on top of my head and shoulders too.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:36 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrackly View Post

Makes me miss my kitty. She used to climb on top of my head and shoulders too.
My first kitty used to do that when she was a kitten, too. Our current kitty was already 5 years old when we adopted her, and she's HUGE. If she tried to climb up our legs and get on our head, we'd have to be hospitalized!

Old 11-19-2009, 10:22 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
My first kitty used to do that when she was a kitten, too. Our current kitty was already 5 years old when we adopted her, and she's HUGE. If she tried to climb up our legs and get on our head, we'd have to be hospitalized!
Lay down on the bed with her. She just may come and nuzzle your head.

Mine does that now and then lays her head against mine and proceeds to go to sleep. Most of the time her front legs are on top of my neck and even one time her paw was resting on my nose.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:44 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,952,687 times
Default kitty climber

that was adorable. I had a black kitten in high school who always climbed up our legs, and I have the scars to prove it. Til he was neutered and got to 18 pounds, then he couldn't!

Old 11-19-2009, 11:58 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
The kick didn't look like the officer was trying to hurt her; it looked like he was firmly but not maliciously trying to keep her from running underneath soon to be moving car tires.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:16 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post

Lay down on the bed with her. She just may come and nuzzle your head.

Mine does that now and then lays her head against mine and proceeds to go to sleep. Most of the time her front legs are on top of my neck and even one time her paw was resting on my nose.
Oh no, laying down on the bed with Emma will not encourage her to get on our heads. Besides which, if she did, she'd smother us, and that is definitely not how I want to go out. And after what she did to me night before last, I definitely wouldn't want her to -- she might've taken out an eye if she'd have been on my head!

Our first kitty, Mew, now she was a head snuggler.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats