Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 02:49 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,909,654 times

Advertisements

We have, let's just say, "several" cats. And 3 of them have had "peeing outside of the box" issues, As you probably know, the smell is nearly impossible to get out, especially from rugs or upholstery.

We have tried EVERYTHING out there, and though nothing seems to be 100% effective, this came the closest. It's this kit from "Planet Urine."
First you spray this pre-mist spray on the urine spot. Then you sprinkle this powder on it (and I rub it in a little). Then you leave it for 24 hours. After that, the white powder is quite yellow, having pulled up the urine. When the powder is dry, you vacuum it up. If there is still a visible urine mark or odor, repeat steps one & two. Annoying that it takes a few days, but worth it in the long run. Better than buying a new sofa!
Then there is a step 3 spray which is supposed to kill any residual odor. Then step 4 is a spray that supposedly repels the cat from peeing there again.
When I ordered the whole kit the first time, I got a free black-light which is supposed to show you where invisible stains are. But I gave up on that, it was giving me OCD!

Anyway, if you are desperate like I was, try it: Planet Urine | Urine happens. We can help!

If anyone has any ways of getting cat pee out of hard-wood floors, I'd love your advice on that! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 03:15 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,851,628 times
It's maybe not so much the floor itself but that the pee seeped down into the cracks where the pieces join each other. This happened to my daughter and she had to remove a section of floor and spray the underfloor, then go buy matching wood to put down. A mess!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:03 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,581,046 times
Thanks for the review! I have one handicapped little girl that don't always make it to her pee pads or gets on them and misses.. I usually keep her where there isn't carpet when I am not at home but it is so hard for her to walk without carpet and it helps soften her falls when she falls over... This could be what we need! THANKS!

Old 11-21-2009, 11:23 PM

4 posts, read 8,143 times
I might look up on that.
But Im going to try something new tomorrow. My kitten, Felix who is only 12 weeks old who pees in hallway quite often, and just tonight I caught him in action leaving a stinky present.
I'm going to try and use a real orange and squeeze it in warm water, and damp it in and let it soak for a bit, and dry it up with towel.. and see how it works.

If it doesn't, I'll go with that product. THANK YOU!

-Andi

Old 11-21-2009, 11:33 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,148,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
We have, let's just say, "several" cats. And 3 of them have had "peeing outside of the box" issues, As you probably know, the smell is nearly impossible to get out, especially from rugs or upholstery.

We have tried EVERYTHING out there, and though nothing seems to be 100% effective, this came the closest. It's this kit from "Planet Urine."
First you spray this pre-mist spray on the urine spot. Then you sprinkle this powder on it (and I rub it in a little). Then you leave it for 24 hours. After that, the white powder is quite yellow, having pulled up the urine. When the powder is dry, you vacuum it up. If there is still a visible urine mark or odor, repeat steps one & two. Annoying that it takes a few days, but worth it in the long run. Better than buying a new sofa!
Then there is a step 3 spray which is supposed to kill any residual odor. Then step 4 is a spray that supposedly repels the cat from peeing there again.
When I ordered the whole kit the first time, I got a free black-light which is supposed to show you where invisible stains are. But I gave up on that, it was giving me OCD!

Anyway, if you are desperate like I was, try it: Planet Urine | Urine happens. We can help!

If anyone has any ways of getting cat pee out of hard-wood floors, I'd love your advice on that! Thanks.
Yep, Osceola, Missouri. Urine capital of the World.

But seriously, they have a fantastic product/process that does work like gangbusters. When I was active in real estate we had a house that had wood floors and there had been a ZILLION cats living there that peed all over everything and we thought we were going to have to completely strip and refinish the floors to get the smell out. The Planet Urine guys killed the odor and when they were done you would have never even suspected that a cat had been on the premises. They rock big time.

No, I am not affiliated with them in any way. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-22-2009, 08:46 AM

622 posts, read 1,725,347 times
Moderator cut: hijacking
Regaurdless of the issues cleaning the box daily or switching litter brands may help.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-23-2009 at 04:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats