Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 04:37 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times

Advertisements

Oh my..........I want to say something but I could only glance at the wording. If I read a sad dog or CAT story I am done sleeping for the next 6 months. ( or longer)
IF someone has dangerous dogs they need to stay in their yards and go no further.
It could be a danger to other people and others beloved pets.
Two dogs who had just had a big battle the night before were in the Vets with us and other animals this week. The one dog attacked his "pal" that was with him. Hearing the story I was afraid that in an instant it could go after one of us or one of the pets in that office. It was not a good feeling.
I love dogs and have always had one. But, if one of my dogs attacked a cat.......I'd never feel safe with that dog again.
Now I'll go back and try to read some of this but..........Once my heart gets broken, it is hard to fix it back up.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:18 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
I wanna puke ..
I think I would have gone for the rifle and shot a dog or two .. .. Yes I have dogs .. a high prey driven Pit bull and a large Malamute but my dogs mind and are controable .. What happened was barbaric and un acceptable .. the dogs should have been shot .. and I would have .. nm the law or the after affects .. If the police had seen a cell phone video maybe it would have been diffrent but no I would have pulled the trigger first and worried about the law later .
I tend to agree with you....cannot wait to see when the dogs may come for you next...after already(tasting blood) and in "hunting mode"....Thanx for understanding

Old 11-25-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Oh my..........I want to say something but I could only glance at the wording. If I read a sad dog or CAT story I am done sleeping for the next 6 months. ( or longer)
IF someone has dangerous dogs they need to stay in their yards and go no further.
It could be a danger to other people and others beloved pets.
Two dogs who had just had a big battle the night before were in the Vets with us and other animals this week. The one dog attacked his "pal" that was with him. Hearing the story I was afraid that in an instant it could go after one of us or one of the pets in that office. It was not a good feeling.
I love dogs and have always had one. But, if one of my dogs attacked a cat.......I'd never feel safe with that dog again.
Now I'll go back and try to read some of this but..........Once my heart gets broken, it is hard to fix it back up.
I'm sorry; but I knew you were a responsible animal over and thought you would want to know and help spread the word to be responsible with your pets...WHICH YOU DID!...THANX!

Old 11-25-2009, 06:39 PM

I have a pretty mean family, which basically disowned me, years ago. I just joined Facebook, so some of them "clicked the friend button".

I posted this thread onto my wall in Facebook...here is one of my relative's replies..........(BEGIN QUOTE)" LOL!!! poor cats! We rescue so many in our neighborhood, spay and neuter and update shots-people shouldn't have pets unless they pass a test to see if they can take care of them".....(END QUOTE).

I AM FURIOUS!!!!>>>WHAT DO YOU THINK>>>SEEMS IT'S ALL THE CAT'S FAULT...no mention OF THE DOG OWNER'
S RESPONSIBILITY...NOW I FEEL EVEN SICKER!...HOW INSENSITIVE!. Plus this happened in front of me on MY PROPERTY!

OR am I misunderstanding????.........THE LOL........ at the beginning; kinda set the tone...What a SICKO B***H!!!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE???

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 11-25-2009 at 06:56 PM..

Old 11-25-2009, 07:14 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Unfortunately, I had a similar situation as this happen a few years back, but I was on the other side of the fence. I was walking my roommates black lab down the Las Vegas Strip. I was comfortable with this because the dog was very friendly, and loved people. I had no idea it was animal aggressive. I was walking the dog around the MGM Grand. It was wall to wall people when, all of a sudden, I heard a loud scream. I looked down, and it appeared my dog had a rag doll in its mouth. Upon closer inspection, I saw she it was no doll at all. It was a small Pomeranian. The owner was screaming too. I immediately took the small dog out of my dogs mouth, and handed it to the owner. Unfortunately, the dog was severely injured, and animal control was called on me. When they came, they said that neither of us was at fault since both dogs were leashed. They said it was just an unfortunate incident, in which I agree. I feel I did do the right thing though, if I did not take immediate action by removing the dog, it most certainly would have been killed.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Unfortunately, I had a similar situation as this happen a few years back, but I was on the other side of the fence. I was walking my roommates black lab down the Las Vegas Strip. I was comfortable with this because the dog was very friendly, and loved people. I had no idea it was animal aggressive. I was walking the dog around the MGM Grand. It was wall to wall people when, all of a sudden, I heard a loud scream. I looked down, and it appeared my dog had a rag doll in its mouth. Upon closer inspection, I saw she it was no doll at all. It was a small Pomeranian. The owner was screaming too. I immediately took the small dog out of my dogs mouth, and handed it to the owner. Unfortunately, the dog was severely injured, and animal control was called on me. When they came, they said that neither of us was at fault since both dogs were leashed. They said it was just an unfortunate incident, in which I agree. I feel I did do the right thing though, if I did not take immediate action by removing the dog, it most certainly would have been killed.
Your situation is certainly different and was unfortunate..If you read my OP and the whole thread...which you probably did, than you understand my utter frustration....

Old 11-25-2009, 09:13 PM

888 posts, read 885,867 times
I would suggest to get revenge on the dog owner.
He needs to be taught a lesson.
Just remember that revenge is best served cold.
Be smart with your strategy, and you won't get in trouble!
Remember... don't hurt the dogs.

BTW, I love both Dogs and cats equally.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:16 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I understand your position also; and in no way mean to malign all large dog owners...or those necessarily walking two @ once. However as long as YOU maintain control...I have no problem.

This man had no control...came 20+ feet onto my property and allowed a cat to be mauled to death. It was not my cat and unleashed. However what right do these vicious dogs and irresponsible owner have to enter my property in a potentially dangerous fashion to my health and safety also.

You sound like a responsible dog owner, but some are not and cat owners must try and keep their cats INDOORS(and act responsibly too)...since cats...too...can be voracious hunters of birds and vermin alike and than your pet is in danger(and against code)... PEACE!
oh definitely - the guy was 100% in the wrong and should be able to control his animals - mine can get pretty strong, but even my wife doesn't get pulled that much when our see something they want to investigate

i could potentially see if the leash slipped, they bucked their lead, the cat brought the fight to them, or once engaged if he tried to stop it ..... doesn't sound like any of that happened

i don't like seeing/hearing any of it .... we have a lot of feral cats in our neighborhood and they are pretty much adopted by the community - the other night I heard what sounded like a cat fight and it sounded like one got hurt pretty bad .... couldn't find it though

and then tonight at 4am as I'm dragging my smoker out of the garage, I step out of the house and still half asleep have this thing shoot by my head ..... apparently one was resting in my tree and decided to flee when i disturbed him

Old 11-26-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
"Visits" count. Maybe not in the short term or to you personally, but that puts someone on the radar screen, however slight. Be patient, you'll find the guy. Keeps records of your attempts to find this guy and who you contacted and spoke to about the attack.

I suppose I'm cynical, but that's the first thought I had. Give the 'owner's' actions after the attack, it is highly likely that was his intent. Just didn't give a ____ . People disgust me sometimes.

Frankly, I would hound this guy 'til you-know-what freezes over. I'd find him. Similar thing happened when my dog was attacked by an unleashed, very large and aggressive dog. But my pup lived. The owner just stood there while the attack was going on.

Please, this is not a good idea, legally or emotionally.

You can purchase some pepper spray...and make sure you get one with a high capsicum solution. Or a 'stun' gun, or a pellet gun as mentioned. Each weapon is very unobtrusive and easily concealed.

Just another reason if I had a cat, I'd really be torn about letting it outside. It's not other animals I'd be so much worried about, but the irresponsibility and viciousness of humans.

I'm sorry you saw this whole thing.
The police and animal control told me I have every right to defend myself, on my property, in whatever way necessary....they actually suggested the baseball bats!!!..LISTEN...I am afraid to go out into my yard for gardening..I am absorbed with the plants...those dogs would have caught me off guard and defenseless...2 baseball bats are now waiting on my porch!..SORRY but this is unacceptable and I will DEFEND my property and FAMILY. FROM VIVIOUS DOGS AND IRRESPONSIBLE OWNERS>>I STILL CAN"T SLEEP!! SORRY>>>I SOUNDED PRETTY MEAN>>>BUT THIS HAS UPSET ME>>>LOOK BACK IN THE THREAD AND SEE WHAT A RELATIVE WROTE ABOUT THIS INCIDENT>>>AGAIN I APOLOGIZE FOR RANTING!!!

Old 11-26-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaysCopenhagenSkoal View Post
I would suggest to get revenge on the dog owner.
He needs to be taught a lesson.
Just remember that revenge is best served cold.
Be smart with your strategy, and you won't get in trouble!
Remember... don't hurt the dogs.

BTW, I love both Dogs and cats equally.
THANKYOU>>>I LOVE YOUR SUBTLETY>>>I'LL FIND HIM!!!. . For the record: I like dogs and all animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats