Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 11:09 PM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times

Advertisements

She is gorgeous and yeah for turning her into a lap cat !

forum rules, please read them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 11:00 AM

1,758 posts, read 5,490,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akcher View Post
I knew she wasn't one when I adopted her. I always wanted a lapcat but when you fall in love with a kitty, you can't help but to take her home. It all started when I fed her treats in my lap. I would put a pillow in my lap and she was sit on it when I fed her. Then I transitioned her from treats to dry food so our feeding sessions are longer. But she always left after she was full. Then over the Thanksgiving weekend, she came and just sat on the pillow in my lap! We had a blissful petting session. She has since then continued to sit in my lap pretty much everyday. Then last night to my astonishment, she fell asleep in my lap. I didn't want to get up to ruin the moment.
Our first cat (feral) was not a lap cat, but after 8 years she has come around quite a bit. We just pet her and such on HER terms.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:14 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
AWWW how sweet, I want a lap cat. My first cat was a huge lap cat and would sleep for as long as we were sitting there. My second cat didn't want anything to do with it. He was kinda claustrophobic though. My other kitty only jumps on my lap if I have a fuzzy blanket for her to suck and hops down when she is done. I want to train her to stay there and go to sleep.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:26 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akcher View Post
Here she is sitting on a pillow on my lap
Your kitty is stunning! I'm partial to long haired and medium haired cats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats