Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2009, 09:32 AM

1,758 posts, read 5,492,997 times

Advertisements

Why One Veterinarian Quit, Disgusted With a Profession He Once Revered - Paw Nation

I hope he also mentions in his book how vets are "tied" to the pet food companies.

Inappropriate nutrition. Cats suffer from poor nutrition because they are obligate carnivores requiring a meat-based diet. Too many veterinarians are profiting from selling dry cat foods high in cereals and soy; these only too often lead to obesity, diabetes mellitus, urinary tract and inflammatory bowel disease, and other chronic degenerative diseases. The veterinarians then profit from treating these diseases and from prescribing expensive special diets that would not be needed if the cats had been fed properly from the start.

Conflicts of Interest in the Veterinary Profession and the Origin of “Man-Made” Dog and Cat Diseases - Advocacy For Animals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 10:25 AM

1,280 posts, read 6,978,619 times
I responded to this in the more general 'pets' forum.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:20 PM

622 posts, read 1,724,211 times
I couldn't agree with you more on it... but what's to be done? I cant afford a vet that doesn't push garbage diets IF I want to keep my cats off garbage diets.

All we can do is educate those that WANT to be and not bring up stuff alas should it be turned against us...sorta like me and the life of being disabled,lol.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:32 PM

5,012 posts, read 10,692,515 times
And this is not limited to veterinary medecine but also extends to human health care, with doctors tied to pharmaceutical drug companies. And we wonder why health care is so unaffordable...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats