Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 11:13 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times

Advertisements

That's me, too! There are days when I don't get up b/c the cats have me pinned in and it's so comforting - of course, I am retired so I can do what I want! The 2 boys sleep on either side of me and Emma sleeps at my head. If i wake up thinking I heard a funny noise or had a bad dream, all I have to do is hear them snoring/not moving and I know all is OK in my world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 01:13 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,762,421 times
It's a tight fit in a full-sized bed at times. Whiskers sleeps on the right side of the bed on her pillow right next to mine, snoring and all. Sometimes I gotta watch for those sharp claws as she stretches her legs into my back Svartee spends about 80% of her sleep time on the left hand side of the bed adjacent to my torso. During this 80% of the time, 90% of the time she sleeps under the covers. If she is not under the covers when I fall asleep, she will awaken me with a foot rubbing on the covers to let me know to lift the covers so that she can climb in. Nothing like cold cat feet against your legs or stomach.

So there I am sandwiched between 2 cats and have enough wiggle room to turn sideways in either direction.

Last edited by Naturen; 12-18-2009 at 02:16 PM..

Old 12-18-2009, 01:51 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
Yeah, my two cats sleep on my bed too, especially in winter. In summer, not so much; they're looking for a cool place. One of them likes to get under the covers every day when I wake up and be petted. Strange cat, but aren't they all?

Old 12-18-2009, 02:19 PM

123 posts, read 355,155 times
OMG!!! I just got home and read all the replies, and laughed my butt off at some of the responses here. Thank you guys I needed a good laugh. Everyone of the stories was a blast to read.

I noticed something else, I rescued this cat 2 weeks ago now and noticed suddenly I was waking up sore. Well, I finally realized my cat has been sleeping on my back at night. If this keeps up I am going to have to shut her out.

So, she slept on the very edge of my back, and last night she was in the middle of my back. I know if I start sleeping on my back, she is just going to sleep on my stomach. Which is worse???

I can only tolerate so much pain you know?

The only problem is, I am afraid to hurt her
feelings by shutting her out, esp being a rescue, and new to my house. She is just starting to trust me.....!!

hhhhmmm, whats a mother to do!

Old 12-18-2009, 03:25 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,762,421 times
Ohhh the habits that come with a fur baby when you aren't the first parent. I got my now grown cats when they were 4 and 9 months old. I always tell people that they came that way - they each have their own personalities and habits.

My only tip would be to wake up and move the cat. You might also try to create a special spot on your bed - maybe buy a cat pillow or put down something nice and soft on your bed. Add a little catnip to the pillow or the throw that you use to let kitty know that it belongs to her.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
My Neo loves to sleep with his head on my pillow. Which means I wake up with a mouth full of kitty fur. If I try to move him he'll wait 5 minutes (his limit) and move right back.

Had one can who like to crawl way down under the covers and snuggle up at my feet.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:33 PM

123 posts, read 355,155 times
Naturen, that is a wonderful idea, it beats closing the door on her.

Keep the replies coming because this is so funny what everyones got to say.....haven't laughed this much in a long time.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:17 PM

1,684 posts, read 3,954,922 times
Bubba has to be touching me....all the time, on my lap, behind me in the kitchen, at my feet when I go potty...and at night, he's either on the other pillow with a foot firmly planted on my head or wrapped around my head "cat hat". Annabelle, is either at my side so I can reach out and touch her or on my feet. I had to upsize from a full size bed to queen so I had more than 8 inches to sleep on. I always say how nice it is to spend the night elsewhere 'cuz I have the whole bed to myself. I always book a King size room and flop out on the bed!!

Old 12-18-2009, 07:23 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,215,513 times
I too am a victim of cats that angle and stretch to take up the maximum amount of space they possibly can. I'm so used to them sleeping with me though I sometimes have trouble getting to sleep until they get there. One of the cats my family had as a kid, Pickles, insisted on sleeping between my legs UNDER the covers. How many mornings did I wake up literally bowlegged........

Old 12-18-2009, 08:41 PM

18,079 posts, read 15,664,302 times
I think dogs & cats get secret lessons on how to take up the maximum amount of space in any given bed. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

My dog has quite the way of taking over the bed. She likes to sleep with her spine against my spine, the back of her head against the back of my head, and puts her head on my pillow. Then, ever so slowly she pushes me off the pillow during the night and I wake up and find I have no pillow because she's taken it over and I'm clinging to the edge of the bed! And now I have the kitten who joins in and cuddles up to the dog and it's downright DARWINIAN!

Survival of the fittest...harrumph!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats