Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 10:16 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,403,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHorses View Post
I know of many who do. But, truth be told, not everyone is going to be willing to go to that "nth" degree.

OP - polydactyls are much sought after (personally, I'd love one) and I'm sure there are specific "space-paws" rescue groups that could help you out with rehoming.

By the way - which is in the garage? The cat or your spouse?

ETA: This might be out of line... but did anyone else read this and immediately think of Little Moo & Marylandkitten?
We tried the wipes and no luck.

Who was Little Moo and Maryland Kitten?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 11:37 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times
Little Moo is/was a polydactyl cat who has/had markings like a Holstein cow. Gotta say that it took some doing to miss the threads about her! There's one about her initial rescue from straydom that went for some pages, then another more recent one about her disappearance in mid-December. She's still at large at this time; the thread has ended at the TO's request until actual good or bad news happens. That's why the mixing of tenses despite my own optimism (and that of most, I bet) that there'll be a happy ending.

Speaking of which, it was a New Year's Day "upper" to hear that Hemmingway quickly and successfully found new people to own. Everything does happen for a reason. A good friend was devastated at having to have her beloved, rescued Maine Coon PTS before he reached 10 years of age. Three months down the line, a shy four-year-old cat "good only in a one-person household with no other animals" was on the verge of homelessness when the lady she owned had to enter a long-term care facility. Instead, two bereft beings found each other. Fate (or God, if you like) works in mysterious ways.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:16 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
So happy it all worked out for everyone involved. And DH can now watch football games today in his own house LOL.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:26 PM

1,688 posts, read 8,147,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Instead, two bereft beings found each other. Fate (or God, if you like) works in mysterious ways.
Ye Gads! Does this mean I have to start the year in a optimistic frame of mind?!

Hemmingway landed on all twelve toes. How wonderful - you must be so relieved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats