Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 01:37 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,666,032 times

Advertisements

My husband and I caught something last night that left us with our mouths hanging wide open. Both of us just stood rooted to the spot, afraid to move, for in moving, stop what we were seeing. Out of the corner of his mouth, my husband told me to get the camera.....I replied.....oh, no! You go get it!....

So he did.

We do acupressure on our cats, some on a daily basis. Our Doodles, who does not miss a trick, ......now this is OUR rationale...... has seen how extremely busy we have been with Prinny and the new rescue, and all the rest that need help on an ongoing basis. So, he figured he would help out!

We actually caught Doodles giving his sister Megan acupressure! Now some of you are going to say....no way! And I am saying......yes way! This went on for minutes, without either cat moving and Doodles had so much concentration on his face! And, his paw was exactly on the detox point! When Megan released......you can visibly see a muscle jerk, let go or an actual wave-like motion going through the body of the cat.....she turned around and allowed Doodles to do one of the acupressure spots for pee pee problems. Now with this spot, she released immediately and both knew they were finished! Megan got up, stretched, and then proceeded to balance on the stair railing as if to say......See! Doodles fixed me!

What an unbelievable thing to see! And we have it on film! Below, is the the proof......yeah, I know some of you will insist on saying....no way! But, who in actuality really knows??? Do you???

Last edited by Garden of Eden; 05-12-2011 at 08:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 02:01 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
My husband and I caught something last night that left us with our mouths hanging wide open. Both of us just stood rooted to the spot, afraid to move, for in moving, stop what we were seeing. Out of the corner of his mouth, my husband told me to get the camera.....I replied.....oh, no! You go get it!....

So he did.

We do acupressure on our cats, some on a daily basis. Our Doodles, who does not miss a trick, ......now this is OUR rationale...... has seen how extremely busy we have been with Prinny and the new rescue, and all the rest that need help on an ongoing basis. So, he figured he would help out!

We actually caught Doodles giving his sister Megan acupressure! Now some of you are going to say....no way! And I am saying......yes way! This went on for minutes, without either cat moving and Doodles had so much concentration on his face! And, his paw was exactly on the detox point! When Megan released......you can visibly see a muscle jerk, let go or an actual wave-like motion going through the body of the cat.....she turned around and allowed Doodles to do one of the acupressure spots for pee pee problems. Now with this spot, she released immediately and both knew they were finished! Megan got up, stretched, and then proceeded to balance on the stair railing as if to say......See! Doodles fixed me!

What an unbelievable thing to see! And we have it on film! Below, is the the proof......yeah, I know some of you will insist on saying....no way! But, who in actuality really knows??? Do you???
Some cats are unbelievably smart. My mom's cat, Leo is a Bengal and she can talk to him like a person and he understands what she is saying and reacts accordingly. One day we met Leo in the hallway and she said to him in a normal voice. Leo, there is a treat for you on the counter. And Leo went IMMEDIATELY into the kitchen and jumped up on the counter where his treat was located. He understood EXACTLY what she said, and there was no coincidence in his actions.

As for your kitty. I am not going to doubt what you are saying. I think that maybe there could be a possibility that Doodles might have just been feeling playful and was trying to get Megan's attention with his paw and it might have been a coincidence that he was touching the exact acupressure point. I don't know. Maybe not. Who knows. Animals are so much more sophisticated and intelligent that we give them credit for.

Anyway, you have precious kitties and thank you for taking in Prinny when she/he needed you most.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-07-2010, 03:37 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,387,317 times
Animals are smarter than we've been encouraged to believe. Don't know if any of them practice medicine.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:57 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,934,575 times
We had a Siamese cat years ago and when our son visited he could have back to Sam (cat) and say want to box and cat would get up on haunches with paws ready to box.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:01 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
I think they are smart enough to not to let us know how smart they are. That way they always have the upper paw.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:22 PM

5,012 posts, read 10,692,515 times
LOL Sounds like they are having conversations amongst themselves again :
"I don't know what she did, but she stuck this think right here (cat points to area on back) and now I feel so much better. Will you please rub that spot?!"
It's too bad that you all didn't catch them while doing, "Is this the spot? How about here? Here? Here?"

Old 02-07-2010, 05:24 PM

Lol lol lol too funny!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-07-2010, 07:10 PM

Many years ago I had two Siamese cats. They both loved catnip. I kept a supply in a plastic container with a lid way high up on a shelf in my kitchen above the stove. But I would come home from work to find the container open on the floor with the contents spilled and the cats pleasantly stoned. Of course they showed no remorse. The only telltail sign was teeth marks on the container.

I wondered how they were able to get into the stuff. One day I found out. I heard a noise in the kitchen. I sneaked down the hallway where I could see the kitchen but no one in it could see me. And then all was revealed. One cat jumped on top of the stove. the other followed (the smaller, more agile of the two) jumped up on the stove and onto the slippery vent cover over the stove. While balancing precarioulsy on the vent cover, she managed to open the cabinet door just big enough for the other cat to leap up into it. From there he found the container of catnip and pushed it to the floor.

But that's not all, the container was closed. How did they get the catnip out? Well the smaller of the two and I think the brains of the outfit sank her teeth into it like a church key can opener. Holding onto the top of the container with her two front teeth she pried open the lid with the bottom teeth.

I was so astonished I let them keep their heist. They deserved it. And the kicker of the whole thing is that normally the two despised each other. The fact that they were able to work together for a common good gave me hope for the world.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:53 PM

Minervah, all I can say is WOW! My jaw is hanging right open! What cats won't do for catnip AND how incredibly intelligent they are! Yours are genious level! DANG! They actually THOUGHT OUT the entire process and worked as a TEAM. Cats are normally solitary creatures and usually a "thief" job is on an individual basis. Although, come to think of it, some of mine are learning.....the more we have of us, the easier it is for us to get in those places that Mom says NO! to! LOL LOL LOL

Old 02-07-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Minervah, all I can say is WOW! My jaw is hanging right open! What cats won't do for catnip AND how incredibly intelligent they are! Yours are genious level! DANG! They actually THOUGHT OUT the entire process and worked as a TEAM. Cats are normally solitary creatures and usually a "thief" job is on an individual basis. Although, come to think of it, some of mine are learning.....the more we have of us, the easier it is for us to get in those places that Mom says NO! to! LOL LOL LOL
LOL. I called it "The Great Catnip Caper. " This was back in the 70's before video cameras. I wish had one then because like the OP, I didn't think anyone would believe me.

Cats are really clever when it comes to getting what they want. I think meezers are especially intelligent. I am fascinated by the critters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats