Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:16 AM

698 posts, read 3,267,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Please, Eger, go back and reread the posts in here, especially FiveHorses and mine. You MUST go slow and you MUST contain him to a small area and nothing more. Your highest priority right now is to make him feel safe, calm, and loved. Everything you do must be the same every day. Do NOT TOUCH HIM! Feed him, change his litter and water daily and that is about it. He was probably in a state of shock when he allowed you to touch him, and that shock has worn off! Now reality is setting in! Try walking in his paws....he has just landed on an alien planet and he is terrified! GO SLOW. GO SLOW. KEEP HIM IN ONE ROOM ONLY, PREFERABLY ONE YOU CAN DO WITHOUT! Do NOT give up! Please, take the advice here in this thread......people here really do know what they are talking about! FERAL CATS ARE NOT THE NORM!!!!!!! You MUST learn their laws of living. PLEASE, get the Bach Flowers Rescue Remedy ASAP and put at least 4 drops in his food every time you feed him! He needs to calm down or he is going to seriously hurt himself or you!
Do you get the Bach Flowers Rescue Remedy at a health food store or Pet Store? That would be good for a lot of stressful situations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 09:14 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,379 times
Update: He's still in the bathroom, I spent some time with him last night it short doses. I even ate dinner in the bathroom with him.

He;s huddled up in the corner of the bathtub, or he sits in the window sill looking out the window probably trying to McGyver his way out of there...lol

I was able to sit next to him and pet Bubba behind the ears and head. The first few times he was shaking, and before I went to bed he was fine when I pet him.

He likes to stare at me, I try not to look directly in his eyes.

My 2 other cats know there is a new guy in the bathroom and they are itching to meet him. My other 2 cats are very friendly and submissive being that they are females. My Maine Coon sat in front of the door last night and made some odd noises that sound like a baby crying. I've never heard her do this before, she only chirps and chortles. My other cat used to do it late at night in a dark hallway, and my LOLO who recently passed away did it too when he was in pain.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:04 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,666,032 times
Your Maine Coon is talking to the feral, probably consoling him. Maine coons are famous for talking like raccoons, chirps and chortling. Cats have huge hearts. She probably feels so bad for this guy who doesn't know what is up or what is down! Give all your cats a special treat tonight when you get home from work! They ALL deserve it! They ALL have been through the wringer!!!!! God love 'um!

Old 02-11-2010, 10:13 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,666,032 times
OH! It just came to me right after I walked away from my computer. Your Main Coon is saying......
HEY, THERE IS A NEW GUY IN TOWN......DON'T YOU WANNA KNOW IT......AND I AM INTERESTED!!!!!!

Old 02-11-2010, 10:30 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,326,213 times
Maine Coons are little conversationlists. I have a part MC that chirps/chortles all the time. She doesn't understand why the other cats locked up in the bathroom. I have to put Hackney in the bathroom when I'm giving Jensen his dinner. Well, my MC Ami thinks it's fun to talk to him and try to bust him out.
So try your best to keep everything calm and keep us posted.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:37 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,371,426 times
Mornin Eger and gang

I had a good laugh when I pictured you taking your dinner into the bathroom to keep him company yesterday, lol. - but good for you. You have such a huge heart, god bless you for having the best of intentions with him to keep him comfortable as best as you can for now.

(((hugs)))

Old 02-11-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
Mornin Eger and gang

I had a good laugh when I pictured you taking your dinner into the bathroom to keep him company yesterday, lol. - but good for you. You have such a huge heart, god bless you for having the best of intentions with him to keep him comfortable as best as you can for now.

(((hugs)))
I'm trying everything.

My Maine Coon is such an awesome cat, I'm truly blessed to have her.

My other black cat Squeakers was checking out Bubba's old digs, she is the type of cat that has to investigate everyhting that is brought in the house. Very friendly little cat with humans, but when around other cats she gives them the business, screams and hisses but she's really just a big pushover.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:47 PM

1,688 posts, read 8,146,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
but good for you. You have such a huge heart, god bless you for having the best of intentions with him to keep him comfortable as best as you can for now.
Amen.

I'm delighted there's a solution on the horizon for both you and Bubba.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:52 PM

Wow this thread has really taken off, some very good information here for anyone that ever finds themselves adopting a feral. Thanks all

Old 02-11-2010, 12:56 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
Do you get the Bach Flowers Rescue Remedy at a health food store or Pet Store? That would be good for a lot of stressful situations.
I usually buy mine on line, as I have never been able to find it anywhere else..at least in our area.
Buy Bach Rescue Remedy/Spray/Cream at iHealthTree.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats