U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-15-2010, 03:09 PM
 
2,455 posts, read 6,235,024 times
Reputation: 2012

Advertisements

My heart really goes out to you, for I understand the "bind" you are in. It is so wrong for vets to have a negative attitude towards you when your cat is ill, but for your cat's sake, you put up with disrespect directed towards you! You are doing right action by bringing your cat in and GOOD FOR YOU for taking control and dressing in your best AND determined to get in this guy's "face" if you have to! I don't care how many initials a person has after his or her name, that does NOT give that person a right to treat you in a bloody hurtful manner! I have walked your shoes, and in fact, I do not officially have a vet because I told mine I QUIT! Just because you are down on your luck right now, gives no other human being the right to be snotty to you. We are all ONE and NO ONE is better then another!

You are your sick little angel are in my prayers. May the Light and the angels be with you, sustaining you and giving you the understanding that you have the POWER to stand up for what is right!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-15-2010, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Sunset Mountain
1,384 posts, read 3,044,603 times
Reputation: 1399
I totally understand luv....I've had my share of them too, and the smaller rural towns up here in the north east are worse not better!

Just got back, and I'm out $172.00

I couldn't even get my husband to let me buy a Bunn coffee maker for 90 bucks this weekend LOL he's gonna crap himself when he sees this vet bill.

They took Babygirl's stool sample, and drew blood. Vet says its either diabetes or parasites, but I'll know in the morning.

I must have been dressed to impress because he was very professional, very nice, smiled, and very complimentary.....which makes me think he knew what was coming if he raised one single gray eyebrow at me......

I'm hoping its parasites that can be dealt with via antibiotics, there was a garfield 18lb cat in the waiting room that gets two injections a day for his diabetes.

Someone put in my rep comments this website, and it was a great read...I'm considering doing this...if I can afford a grinder.

makingcatfood

Babygirl always climbs our legs when we're cutting fresh meat, and since that is what they would eat in the wild, all this food they make with flour and wheat doesn't seem right for their carnivorous ways...

What do you guys think?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2010, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Sunset Mountain
1,384 posts, read 3,044,603 times
Reputation: 1399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
My heart really goes out to you, for I understand the "bind" you are in. It is so wrong for vets to have a negative attitude towards you when your cat is ill, but for your cat's sake, you put up with disrespect directed towards you. You are doing right action by bringing your cat in and GOOD FOR YOU for taking control and dressing in your best AND determined to get in this guy's "face" if you have to. I don't care how many initials a person has after his or her name, that does NOT give that person a right to treat you in a bloody hurtful manner. I have walked your shoes, and in fact, I do not officially have a vet because I told mine I QUIT! Just because you are down on your luck right now, gives no other human being the right to be snotty to you. We are all ONE and NO ONE is better then another!

You are your sick little angel are in my prayers. May the Light and the angels be with you, sustaining you and giving you the understanding that you have the POWER to stand up for what is right!!!
Aww thanks Garden. My misty cat heard ya..she was my first kitty and lived to be 19 years old.

I know I'm a great cat owner...I just don't always have the megabucks to pay for all of their needs, and sometimes the prices for tests I don't think are necessary just make me cry.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2010, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Wichita, KS
1,463 posts, read 4,036,197 times
Reputation: 935
I'm sorry you have to put with a jerkward of vet. I wouldn't put up with one that's for sure and I'd tell'em so. I hope the powersuit idea work for you. You're doing the best you can with what you got. I understand that. I and understand what it's like to be in a sitiation with little money and hardly any transport. And then you have a sick pet.

I just hope the best for you and yours right now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2010, 03:16 PM
 
2,455 posts, read 6,235,024 times
Reputation: 2012
RE: makingcatfood link>>>>>> it is great! I have that link as well and highly recommend everyone reading it. And as for cats eating wheat and flour.....no, I honestly don't think it is the right way for them to eat. They eat MEAT. Cross your fingers that I can eventually get my cats to eat the raw. I am hoping it is nothing more then parasites in your cat, which is an easy fix!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2010, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Wichita, KS
1,463 posts, read 4,036,197 times
Reputation: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
I'm hoping its parasites that can be dealt with via antibiotics, there was a garfield 18lb cat in the waiting room that gets two injections a day for his diabetes.

All these updates slipped in as i typed my last reply.....

Oh wow. I hope your cat isn't diabetic. I have a diabetic cat and seriously hoping, hoping, hoping the best for you. My diabetic gets 2 shots a day too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2010, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Sunset Mountain
1,384 posts, read 3,044,603 times
Reputation: 1399
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseystarz View Post
I'm sorry you have to put with a jerkward of vet. I wouldn't put up with one that's for sure and I'd tell'em so. I hope the powersuit idea work for you. You're doing the best you can with what you got. I understand that. I and understand what it's like to be in a sitiation with little money and hardly any transport. And then you have a sick pet.

I just hope the best for you and yours right now.
The powersuit did work! I was amazed. My mother in law had to go in so my "cop out" plan didn't work and I had to face the music, but he was very good.....which is good for him because it could have been an ugly Monday had he been his normal way.

Some people dress up for Walmart, I dress up for the Vet. Yeah...I'm off my rocker but that's how stressed out this jerk makes me!

We are still waiting for the test results, she is only 10 years old and I know if I can get her diet situated, I'll get another 10 years out of her.

I already switched last year to the "worlds best cat litter" and no more frequent urination or smelly urine from my other cat Peanut. Best stuff I've found so far, I'm lovin it.

I'll keep you posted once the results are in tomorrow.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2010, 03:26 PM
 
2,455 posts, read 6,235,024 times
Reputation: 2012
I tried using 'world's best cat litter" and I LOVED it! Unfortunately, my Tigger insisted NO and wanted his clay back. I have been buying since that time, Wegman's all natural clumping clay. If it wasn't for Tigger, I would be having all my cats on "world's". I slowly did try to do the change over, yet Tigger became so upset, he purposely dehydrated himself to make a point, and ended up ill, until I figured out the problem. Hmmmm.....We do the best we can, yet our cats do have the final say, don't they?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2010, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Near Nashville TN
7,201 posts, read 13,815,363 times
Reputation: 5432
Default Parasites.... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
For a few weeks, one of my two cats have been pooping outside the litter box.

I noticed blood spots on the slimy stool, but I couldn't figure out which cat it was.

I just now saw which cat was doing it, and it didn't look like she was struggling or was in pain, but I have learned when a cat goes outside the box it is because they associate the box with pain? Is that correct? So that is why they go outside of it?

Kat
It sounds like she has internal parasites but maybe not. Only the vet can tell you that and they are sometimes wrong. Many cats will not use a smelly dirty litter pan. Make sure to scoop the poop at least twice a day and replace the litter before it smells like ammonia.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2010, 03:48 PM
 
Location: Near Nashville TN
7,201 posts, read 13,815,363 times
Reputation: 5432
Default Gains, veggies and cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
Babygirl always climbs our legs when we're cutting fresh meat, and since that is what they would eat in the wild, all this food they make with flour and wheat doesn't seem right for their carnivorous ways...

What do you guys think?
I think the adding of cheap useless grains and vegies to cat food should be outlawed. When I was a kid and they didn't exist, cats were slimmer and a hell of a lot healthier.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top