U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 04:10 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,044,603 times

Advertisements

Since I'm a housewife now, I have so much time to keep the cat area spick and span. I love having the time to devote to those things I used to reserve for weekends and evenings I wasn't dragging in from a 60 hour work week.

I often feel guilty for not knowing about how harmful cat food is, my Misty had thyroid problems and I had to put her down after 19 years....

I want to be the wiser this time around, not that kitties live forever or anything, but I don't want them to needlessly suffer when it is something I could have fixed, ya know?

Last edited by Katlakat; 03-15-2010 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: wow I can't even type Spick!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 04:11 PM

If you type Spick w/out the K it bleeps it out!

Old 03-16-2010, 05:43 AM

Ok...so last night she threw up all of her food, and this morning she is dry heaving.

I wonder if she just had nerves from the doc yesterday, or this is part of her symptoms? I'll ask the vet when he calls.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:10 AM

Vet just called, and all of her tests were negative, for everything!

I am so relieved, but so bewildered as to what is causing all this bloody stool and yakking this morning?

He suggested.....chicken diet for tonight and antibiotics today.

He said the only thing would be an obstruction, but when he felt her tummy he felt nothing.

Isn't this the weirdest thing ever?

I can't wait to start making my own cat food to keep my girls healthy and natural w/out chemically scientifically altered food.

For the first time, I really feel like a mom.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:36 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,036,197 times
I'm glad to hear kitty isn't diabetic!

Old 03-16-2010, 10:18 AM

4,486 posts, read 7,836,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
Vet just called, and all of her tests were negative, for everything!

I am so relieved, but so bewildered as to what is causing all this bloody stool and yakking this morning?

He suggested.....chicken diet for tonight and antibiotics today.

He said the only thing would be an obstruction, but when he felt her tummy he felt nothing.

Isn't this the weirdest thing ever?

I can't wait to start making my own cat food to keep my girls healthy and natural w/out chemically scientifically altered food.

For the first time, I really feel like a mom.
Could be constipation. Ours got that after having some cooked hamburger meat (with nothing in or on it). Seems like she can't digest it well enough. So she ended up having blood in her stool from straining. She's fine now and no more table food for her.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseystarz View Post
I'm glad to hear kitty isn't diabetic!
Oh God I am so relieved. I was trying to juggle how much medications would be and I'm not working right now.....

and it was such a sigh of relief.

But what I do with this gift is crucial. I have decided its time to stop the processed cat food and make it myself.

My husband and I already eat well balanced diets of fresh fruit, vegetables, trying to cut out cholesterol, high blood pressure, and triglycerides.

I will really enjoy making cat food and then dog food as part of my weekly meal time preparation.

Why not have a tree hugger family all the way around? LOL

We all just love our junk food, but its time to face reality that it is really slowly killing us....

Oh but it tastes so good! Damn I hate loving food....and that goes for Babygirl who will climb up your pants and back to sit on your shoulder to eat that raw chicken I'm slicing. LOL

This is my husband's cat Babygirl when she was a kitten, and how she looks now, she's 10 years old this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Bloody stool outside the box-animals-002.jpg   Bloody stool outside the box-animals-018.jpg  

Old 03-16-2010, 10:24 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,036,197 times
Great pics.

I know about junk food all too well. I don't keep it around the house. if I want something I have to go out and get it and eat it there. It's actually been working for me to do it that way.

Having a diabetic cat isn't the end of the world. yes, they require care. Shots, syringes, insulin and a 3-4 month trip to the vet for a blood sugar check. And then they also require an approved diet.

I tell ya the cat eats better then me sometimes

Old 03-18-2012, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 7,046 times
What happened? Damn it, I hate when there is no follow up lol! Well I will keep looking :P

Old 01-09-2013, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 6,258 times
Default expensive vets..

Alot of people don't know about Care Credit..a credit card that can be used for both animal and human health care. Just as with a regular credit card, you are given a credit limit. I use mine for my animals only...and have never paid any interest on balances, as you are given 30 days to 1 year to pay back balances. It has come in very handy for emergencies..one drawback is finding a vet that honors this card. Just tho't this info might come in handy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats