U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 02:34 PM

14,792 posts, read 29,686,547 times

Advertisements

Did anyone besides me get an email from Blue Buffalo? They're apparently changing not only their formula, but the shape of the kibble. What I get now is a tri-shape, with little round lifesource bits. They're changing the kibble to a round shape, and my furkid won't be happy. He prefers a "shape" to his kibble, rather than round, I guess because he's older. He'll eat the round (Evo, California Natural), but they're round and flat.

So I guess when I buy a bag that's all round kibble, I'll have to hunt for another brand to give him.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 04:51 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,159,990 times
(shakes head) .... I just can't hit my head against the brick wall anymore ....

Old 04-11-2010, 06:21 AM

10,091 posts, read 40,162,482 times
I received the same e-mail. I knew it was coming, they changed the dog formula a few months back and I spoke with a rep. It is all for the good, improving a good food, even better. I was using the Wilderness, which actually had too much protein for my guys and they started to gain some weight. It seems taste is more of a factor than shape for my guys. I don't think they even notice a particular shape.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:51 AM

9,353 posts, read 18,801,955 times
i have been feeding mine wilderness for several months now .... the bag i bought last month had the new shape and they actually seem to like it better..... i don't think i am on their email list, but probably should be in case they ever send out coupons.......

Old 04-11-2010, 08:00 AM

10,091 posts, read 40,162,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
i have been feeding mine wilderness for several months now .... the bag i bought last month had the new shape and they actually seem to like it better..... i don't think i am on their email list, but probably should be in case they ever send out coupons.......
Mine actually went into my spam and I just deleted it this morning, or I would have sent it on to you.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:05 AM

9,353 posts, read 18,801,955 times
i just need to get out of here (C-D) and over to their website and sign up.....

Old 04-11-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
They never send out coupons, unlike Wellness. I did get coupons from the company that makes EVO and California Natural. They sent me two - one for $3.00 off and another for $5.00 off a bag. You can get a $3.00 off coupon for a bag of Blue Buffalo, but they don't come from the company, and they will only send you one.

But I figured out how to get around it. You put in your home address, but with an apartment number. If you have an apartment number, use a different one. It works, because I've gotten several coupons from them. I just used my last one, so it's time to try to get more.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
I received the same e-mail. I knew it was coming, they changed the dog formula a few months back and I spoke with a rep. It is all for the good, improving a good food, even better. I was using the Wilderness, which actually had too much protein for my guys and they started to gain some weight. It seems taste is more of a factor than shape for my guys. I don't think they even notice a particular shape.
It's not the fact of the shape, he'll eat it. But I noticed when I used to get Merrick BG, that he had a little trouble eating the perfectly round kibble. I just bought a 7lb bag of BB, so it'll last him a while. If I get any more coupons, I might just buy another bag.

For one cat, he's pretty well stocked up. 80lbs of litter (and I have coupons to use next month on more), about 50 cans of cat food (Wellness & BB), and a 7lb bag of BB kibble. He hasn't eaten all of his 3.3lb bag yet, though. I may have to start looking for other places to put all the litter, though.

Old 04-16-2010, 05:35 AM

6,428 posts, read 7,853,216 times
Could someone who received the email mention what is changing in the formula? Did it just say we're "improving" it? I've been feeding my cats Blue Buffalo for a few years now after a health scare with my then 3 year old male. I hope they do improve it and not cut corners. I've noticed a brand of national cat food that I buy used to be (relatively) decent quality. Now I notice they are starting to add fillers that weren't there previously.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:05 PM

I hope that they're not going to cut corners. You can also get a one time coupon (2 of them) from the company that makes Evo. I emailed them, and they sent me two coupons - one for $3.00 a bag, and one for $5.00 off of a bag.

Right now I don't need any cat food. I have 45 cans of Wellness/Blue Buffalo/Merrick, and a 7lb bag of Blue Buffalo. I'll see what happens when I need more dry food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats