Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 06:40 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,505,558 times

Advertisements

Garden of Eden - I understand the situation and your wishes are admirable. I agree that cats should be inside and people should know better.

However, I feel a little weird about you taking someone else's cat. Have you tried to get the woman's blessing? If not, can't you just go to the shelter and pull another cat off death row? Although the owner is a bit ambivalent about her responsibilities, it's still her cat.

I had a slightly overweight cat that got outside. Some lady claimed that he came into her yard and ate her cat's food because I was starving him. I could never convince her that he was on a special diet that he didin't particularly like his healthy food. Anyway, I can't imagine what I would have done had she kept my cat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 07:18 PM

5,161 posts, read 11,397,315 times
GOE, you are doing the right thing. Yes, it will be hard for a while, until Cookie gets used to being inside. But I know you would be heartbroken if she were killed by a car. Sometimes we have to do what is best for our furry friends, even if it isn't what they want, if it means saving their life.

forum rules, please read them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats