Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 05:17 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,148 times

Advertisements

It's really sad how the media has a real hate-on for Gibson. We know he's a conservative, religious man and Hollywood is full of Jewish liberals, but their obsession with bringing him down is bordering on the ridiculous. He called his wife names during an argument? Big deal. Plenty of black actors call their wives/baby mommas the same exact names.

The constant media vilification actually makes me sympathetic toward Gibson, and I'm not even a fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 05:20 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
It's really sad how the media has a real hate-on for Gibson. We know he's a conservative, religious man and Hollywood is full of Jewish liberals, but their obsession with bringing him down is bordering on the ridiculous. He called his wife names during an argument? Big deal. Plenty of black actors call their wives/baby mommas the same exact names.

The constant media vilification actually makes me sympathetic toward Gibson, and I'm not even a fan.
I posted a link to the audio of Mel Gibson telling the mother of his children that she's going to raped for looking like a *****.

Let's have your link of a black actor doing the same.

Or are you going to claim the Hollywood Jewish liberals have suppressed that information?

What on earth is wrong with you?

Old 07-09-2010, 06:31 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,437,263 times
I'm confused. Was he blind when he first met her and all of a sudden his vision has returned? The woman is a lingerie model for g-d's sake! Did he not know that about her? Did they, like, just meet or something?

Typical abuser control freak. The second they get you to be "theirs", they think they can start dictating how you should dress and look (amongst other things). That poor woman. I'm extremely proud of her for having the courage to leave him. Many, many abused women stay with their abusers because they have been beaten down emotionally for so long, they start to believe the lies about themselves that these cretins tell them. I have no doubt that was the case with his first wife. Sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post

Or are you going to claim the Hollywood Jewish liberals have suppressed that information?

What on earth is wrong with you?
Yeah, Mel Gibson's a horse's ass and it's all the Hollywood Jewish Liberals' fault. Some people will blame the Jews for anything.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:34 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I'm confused. Was he blind when he first met her and all of a sudden his vision has returned? The woman is a lingerie model for g-d's sake! Did he not know that about her? Did they, like, just meet or something?

Typical abuser control freak. The second they get you to be "theirs", they think they can start dictating how you should dress and look (amongst other things). That poor woman. I'm extremely proud of her for having the courage to leave him. Many, many abused women stay with their abusers because they have been beaten down emotionally for so long, they start to believe the lies about themselves that these cretins tell them. I have no doubt that was the case with his first wife. Sad.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Screaming at her about her breasts was just to be mean and controlling. The media just focused on the "N" word but the over all controlling and abusive tone is far, FAR worse. I'll bet this is just the tip of the iceberg with this guy.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:30 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,824,700 times
Is that a thumbs down icon or something else?

Old 07-09-2010, 10:56 PM

2,883 posts, read 5,889,415 times
Out of the all the celebrity dirt of the past 5-10 years....paris hilton partying, britney shaving her head going crazy, lindsay lohan, the hills, etc. this one is a watershed moment.

This is the one where celebs take a step back and say....."man, I hope no one is recording me in private". Its a huge scoop for radaronline. Much like the drudge report first breaking the lewinsky story.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:27 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
can't decide which of them is worse--him for the words he's tossing about or her for taping it as though she deliberately set him up for this.
She is not all innocent in this I can assure you all.
They both deserve each other. She wanted him-she got him.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:32 PM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,006 times
I thought it might be a set up too, but Mel's track record isn't looking too good. He's a dumbass.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:45 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
apparently another audio tape has surfaced where gibson seems to confirm hitting grigorieva while she was holding their child.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Mel Gibson Caught On Tape Admitting He Hit Oksana -- "You Moderator cut: language Deserved It" | RadarOnline.com

On tape, a teary Oksana is heard asking Mel, “What kind of a man is that who would hit a woman when she is holding a child in her hands, hitting her twice in the face?

“What kind of a man is that?” the Russian musician repeats.

The Braveheart star responds: “You know what — you Moderator cut: language deserved it.”
You know. There are women out there who really know how to push a guys' buttons. No, I am not defending Mel's behavior. I am just saying, she certainly did not get slapped in the face (twice), because she gave him a big sloppy kiss and said.... "Good morning, honey. What can I cook you for breakfast?"

it is highly unfortunate that Mel resorts to unacceptable behaviors when he is ticked off. But one cannot help but wonder what on earth this girl must have said/done to him to make him fly off the handle this way. It must not have been very nice either.

Still. Mel shows a shocking lack of class. I am embarrassed for him because apparently he is not smart enough to be embarrassed for himself.

20yrsinBranson

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-10-2010 at 10:36 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 07-09-2010, 11:47 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,820,339 times
I really really dislike, OK I hate mean spirited domineering men like this. I have long believed that if people like this didn't exist life would be an absolute pleasure to live, a near utopia.

I can not seperate a person's career with how they really are as a person. If they are a jerk in real life I don't want to be entertained by them, buy their products or support them in any way.

Some will say do not judge. I say we do not judge enough...when it comes to a persons character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities