Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 07:35 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I've never gotten it. I don't think she's that pretty. Nose is sort of bulby with weird nostrils, lip is shaped weird, with her mouth close she looks like she has a little bit of buck teeth. Hair is kind of scraggly. And she has amazingly bad legs from below the upper thigh. I.e. out of proportion big calves, the only thing that have ever looked muscleyShe.
And last the thing that bothers me the most is its not that she's fat but that I get the impression that no matter how skinny she ever got she'd have this thin layer of a soft fat all over.
She's a blond with boobs and a booty so I guess that's why guys like her so much?
I can't help but notice the two people in this thread dismissing her looks so far are women -- one on the basis that her features are horribly flawed, and one on the basis that they aren't flawed at all. Go figure.

Guys like her so much because she's hot, period. Trust us, it takes more than blond hair and a booty to make the grade. Neither is a sufficient condition, and for many, neither is a necessary condition either. The major attribute that puts Scarlett at or near the top of every "sexiest women" list is that virtually no matter what your taste is in women, she appeals to it. Guys who like the dolled-up air-brushed Hollywood look think she's hot. Guys who like the girl-next-door look think she's hot. Put her in jeans and a T-shirt with no make-up and guys who like tomboys will think she's hot. And she certinly doesn't need to be overglamorized like she is in these pictures for guys to think she's hot -- in fact I think they don't do her appearance any favors at all.

She's just friggin' hot, on a near-universal level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 08:58 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I can't help but notice the two people in this thread dismissing her looks so far are women -- one on the basis that her features are horribly flawed, and one on the basis that they aren't flawed at all. Go figure.

Guys like her so much because she's hot, period. Trust us, it takes more than blond hair and a booty to make the grade. Neither is a sufficient condition, and for many, neither is a necessary condition either. The major attribute that puts Scarlett at or near the top of every "sexiest women" list is that virtually no matter what your taste is in women, she appeals to it. Guys who like the dolled-up air-brushed Hollywood look think she's hot. Guys who like the girl-next-door look think she's hot. Put her in jeans and a T-shirt with no make-up and guys who like tomboys will think she's hot. And she certinly doesn't need to be overglamorized like she is in these pictures for guys to think she's hot -- in fact I think they don't do her appearance any favors at all.

Very well written post. Scarlett is just smoking hot no matter what.

I think the negative comments from the women are normal. That is just how most women are wired to react to a beautiful/sexy woman. They want other women to not be so hot, but when guys say they are hot, the women attack. Weird.

Over in the Emma Watson thread, you have a few pages of women saying how they think its okay that "Herminone" cut off all her hair and that its okay to look like Twiggy and why do men always like women with long hair blah blah blah blah........ But when I posted some pics of how SMOKING HOT she looks with the short hair, all of those women didnt bother to respond. Chicks are weird man.

//www.city-data.com/forum/16712990-post27.html

Old 11-22-2010, 09:04 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Very well written post. Scarlett is just smoking hot no matter what.

I think the negative comments from the women are normal. That is just how most women are wired to react to a beautiful/sexy woman. They want other women to not be so hot, but when guys say they are hot, the women attack. Weird.

Over in the Emma Watson thread, you have a few pages of women saying how they think its okay that "Herminone" cut off all her hair and that its okay to look like Twiggy and why do men always like women with long hair blah blah blah blah........ But when I posted some pics of how SMOKING HOT she looks with the short hair, all of those women didnt bother to respond. Chicks are weird man.

Quite honestly I thought that haircut improved her looks tremendously. And she wasn't bad at all to start out with. I think it was a big help that it gave her a much different look than her "Hermione Granger" look, and the fact that she was a child for much of that phase proved to be a formidable psychological barrier to admitting she is attractive. Now that she has a substantially different look than the one she carried through her late childhood, it's kinda like "oh wait, she's a bona fide adult now. And a fairly hot one at that."

Old 11-22-2010, 04:36 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post

That's not it, me being a woman. There are plenty of women that I could pick apart - in the totally positive because I think they are gorgeous. I don't have that kind of envy There are lots of women I would love to look like, some of them have are totally perfect either and have a quirk in their looks that I like. Johanson just isn't one of them.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:17 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
Quote:

No one responded cuz it's an old ass thread.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:58 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicefred View Post
Scarlett Johansson is crowned as Babe of the Year in GQ Magazine December 2010 issue. Iron Man 2 star is dressed in a skin-tight lycra dress on the cover while inside the magazine, she dons a gold swimsuit with a matching belt, cinching in her waist. Photographed by Inez & Vinoodh, 25-year-old GQ Babe of The Year Scarlett Johansson is featured in magazines’s 15th annual Men of The Year issue.

Via Scarlett Johansson on GQ December 2010 as Babe of the Year | Fashion Fame
Probably selected her because of husband Ryan Reynolds being named People Mag's "Sexiest Man Alive 2010".

Old 11-22-2010, 09:27 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,196 times
Quote:
Haha that’s rubbish. I have an idea of what I find beautiful in a woman and Scarlett doesn’t fit it. Everyone is allowed to have their own individual tastes.

Natalie Portman
Gabrielle Union
Megan Fox (despite her personality)
Rose Byrne

These to me are gorgeous women.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:09 AM

14 posts, read 18,596 times
Well I'm a girl and I think she's a stunnah! I preferred her when she looked more natural though, those pics look quite airbrushed and IMO she doesn't really look like herself. But she has a very classic beauty look to her.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:11 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
She simply has "it"

Old 11-29-2010, 06:02 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
She is definitely attractive, but they airbrushed the sh*t out of those pics. I wish they'd stop doing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities