Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 05:51 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,418,228 times

Advertisements

It seems to me these days that you hear or look at the news like ET(Entertainment Tonight) and other news concerning about Celebrities that you moslty if-not mostly hear about Celebrity Couples breaking up or divorcing.

Why don't these Celebrity Male and Females just get themselves an average person. I mean...you have a celebrity couple that have EGOS and success along with people(fans) that wants to sleep with either one(male or female celebrity) behing their partners back since they have so much of the public's attention that gets that celebrity into so much Temptation that it's hard to run away from. AND Money that becomes a problem because you have 2 people that sometimes try to compare themselves to each other by their money(forgive me if I'm wrong on that).

Which those things makes the relationship hard.

So why can't these celebrities date average or almost above average people and see what's interesting of what that person might offer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 06:43 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,010,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
It seems to me these days that you hear or look at the news like ET(Entertainment Tonight) and other news concerning about Celebrities that you moslty if-not mostly hear about Celebrity Couples breaking up or divorcing.

Why don't these Celebrity Male and Females just get themselves an average person. I mean...you have a celebrity couple that have EGOS and success along with people(fans) that wants to sleep with either one(male or female celebrity) behing their partners back since they have so much of the public's attention that gets that celebrity into so much Temptation that it's hard to run away from. AND Money that becomes a problem because you have 2 people that sometimes try to compare themselves to each other by their money(forgive me if I'm wrong on that).

Which those things makes the relationship hard.

So why can't these celebrities date average or almost above average people and see what's interesting of what that person might offer?
Its all relative.. but we are not the ones that can answer that question really... but I would assume the reason they take other stars... instead of your average joes.. is because you would assume they should be on the same level and I think that we as commoners do the same thing... no?

Old 12-16-2010, 06:52 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
I would never want to date a celebrity and dealing with those Egos. I think it's hard for an average person to stay married to a star because of the lifestyle, the spotlight, and again the ego. I also think that some celebrities are cautious about dating average joes, because they may think that it's all for the money and not love. At least if 2 people are close in success level, they don't worry about each other digging for the cash.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:53 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Probably because at the end of the day they really are average joes themselves.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:08 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,980,411 times
Where is an adult going to meet people? Mostly at work, I'd guess. Seems to me many celebrities hookup after working together. Money could factor in. There's also the sad reality that a spouse or SO are like fashion accessories for some.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:50 PM

48 posts, read 108,886 times
Many different reasons.

1. They hang out around celebrities frequently, so chances are they'll end up dating another. Its like if let's say I'm an athlete, chances are ill end up dating someone who is also fond of the athletics department, because that is the type I'm surrounded by, it most likely won't be a cop, doctor, or lawyer.

2. When they date celebrities, it causes big hype and attention (for example: chris brown/rihanna. Kim kardashian/reggie bush)

3. If they dated an average joe, it would be tough to know if they really like them for them, or just because of who they are

Old 12-17-2010, 04:03 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,627 times
There ARE some celebrities who are married to regular 'joes' (Sharon Stone, Jamie Lee Curtis, Neil Diamond, CHER (she was dating a guy who owned a bagel store) and the way they kept married was keeping the SO OUT of the spotlight and the media. which does follow them everywhere, and critiques ever wart, bump, and fart.

Jonathan

Last edited by macgeek; 12-17-2010 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: I think some are divorced now, I don't follow it to any major level

Old 12-17-2010, 08:09 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
I'm gonna be going after Halle Berry myself.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:32 AM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Probably because at the end of the day they really are average joes themselves.
You got that right. People need to stop pumping up their egos and let them know they are no smarter and their opinion is no more important than the average person.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:01 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times
I think it is hard for them to meet average joes, just like it is hard for us to meet them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities