Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 10:42 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller2500 View Post
You have to remember that Beyonce lived past the age of 22. She had time to train and develop her singing voice. When Aaliyah died, she was still growing with hers. If you remember, when Destiny's Child were still new Beyonce wasn't this "amazing" vocalist she is today. Comparing Beyonce's voice at 29 to Aaliyah's voice at 22 is an unfair comparison.

Aaliyah's voice wasn't that powerful, but she had a beautiful tone, decent range, and great emotional input with her voice. She shouldn't be classed as a "Ciara". Aaliyah has a soft voice with vocal skill, Ciara has a soft voice with no skill (see the above vids I posted as proof)

also, did you know that Aaliyah was going to be in sparkle? She even recorded her rendition of "Giving Up". I was impressed, because I never heard aaliyah sing like this. Check it out. Of course it doesn't top Hathaway's version, but a good version nothenless

Sparkle??? They remaking that movie or something???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 11:01 PM

13 posts, read 23,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Sparkle??? They remaking that movie or something???
Aaliyah was going to be in the remake of Sparkle in 2003 But the production for it was shut down because she died.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:21 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times
I know this thread is about Beyonce and Aaliyah, but I cant get over all of the references to Ciara--she's talentless.

I think she is horrible. I dont even think Ciara should be in this conversation--Aaliyah didnt open a door for Ciara...Ciara is not in the zip code, much less room...

Old 03-15-2011, 01:34 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I know this thread is about Beyonce and Aaliyah, but I cant get over all of the references to Ciara--she's talentless.

I think she is horrible. I dont even think Ciara should be in this conversation--Aaliyah didnt open a door for Ciara...Ciara is not in the zip code, much less room...
Look...early celebrity death has a way of heightening the status and accomplishments of the one who die. Beyond what they really were...

But let's be real...Ciara IS Aaliyah. They are the same person. Neither had strong vocals....both were slender and incredibly sexy.......both danced with the belly shirts and abs. Only difference? One is alive.

Last edited by picmod; 01-09-2014 at 06:01 PM..

Old 03-15-2011, 08:23 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,380,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Actually, I agree with you.

The reason I asked is because I know lots of people always stating how Beyonce would have never become successful if Aaliyah was still alive. I still to this day don't get how Aaliyah had any relevance to Beyonce's music or career considering their music is actually quite different.
I have never heard this or see the relevance. While there are similarities, I think they are two entirely different singers.

Aaliyah had a more hip hop sound and was bigger in the black community. Beyonce is a powerhouse singer and has crossed over more. She heading for legendary status.

Regardless, Aaliyah was a beauty and I loved her and I know her star would have been even brighter today, even with Beyonce around.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Look...early celebrity death has a way of heightening the status and accomplishments of the one who die. Beyond what they really were...

But let's be real...Ciara IS Aaliyah. They are the same person.
While I agree with the first part, I disagree with everything else. I find Aaliyah's voice passable. Ciara's? Not even close. I dont even find Ciara sexy...that is why I cant agree with your premise: I find Aaliyah at least somewhat talented...Ciara? No way.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:07 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
While I agree with the first part, I disagree with everything else. I find Aaliyah's voice passable. Ciara's? Not even close. I dont even find Ciara sexy...that is why I cant agree with your premise: I find Aaliyah at least somewhat talented...Ciara? No way.
Sorry Cell..........But neither of them were vocal powerhouses.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Sorry Cell..........But neither of them were vocal powerhouses.
Oh, Im not confused about that--you are absolutely right. I just find that Aaliyah's voice is better, while Ciara's is...well, garbage?

In other words, I rate Aaliyah's voice a, I dont know, a 3? And Ciara's a 0...on a scale of 0 to 10 (zero being the lowest, of course).

That is what I mean...

Old 03-16-2011, 06:41 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:

If Aaliyah hadn't died it's doubtful that Ciara would have received the support she received from Missy E., which is where I first noticed her.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:44 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,380,095 times
Wow, this thread has definitely taken off in different directions and I have something to say about it.

Aaliyah - pretty voice, face and a great dancer. She excelled at complicated dance moves. Not a strong live performer but had something special.

Ciara - this is a pretty dancer who can carry a mild tune. That is all.

Beyonce - Hellava vocalist. Anyone is doubt needs to Youtube her vocal videos because girlfriend can hit and hold notes and do runs like none other and dance on top of that I saw her live and she sounded even better than on tape. She has an amazing range and powerful voice that most singers today cannot compete with in my opinion. I also think she is a great dancer. Anyone here try to learn the Single Ladies dance? Its been nearly 2 years and I am still trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities