Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 02:52 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I understand that he's not a citizen of the US. That's entirely my point. You are being extremely rude about someone who contributes a lot to a country that he is not even native to.

He is entitled to his opinion, being a gay man that cannot marry his long term American partner, and after reading the insults thrown at him on this board - if that's indicative of how Americans feel about him (that he should go back to England, for voicing his opinion) then perhaps he should and take all of his charity work with him.

With all due respect, unless you're Bill Gates, whatever you give/do for charity is nothing in comparison, and there would be a gaping hole in certain causes that help Americans if Elton John were to take his ball and go home, as some posters here have suggested.

And last time I looked, lawmakers DID consult you on what laws you could and couldn't change. Is that not what a proposition is for?

he's made a ton of money off this country as well. it cuts both ways.

gaping hole - there you go again, first we'd all be destitute without his big charity and now there'd be a gaping hole in our country , overdramatize much????

he gives more to charity than i do, but he's worth alot more, see, it cuts both ways again. And the charities he mostly gives to are gay-related things that have little to no bearing on my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 10:11 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
he's made a ton of money off this country as well. it cuts both ways.
No it doesn't. He didn't have to give any of it back. Probably paid more in taxes than in one year than you have in your entire lifetime, which would have covered his obligations to the US.

Quote:
gaping hole - there you go again, first we'd all be destitute without his big charity and now there'd be a gaping hole in our country , overdramatize much????
I didn't say there would be a gaping hole in your country. I said there would be a gaping hole in certain of your country's causes. Comprehend much?

Quote:
he gives more to charity than i do, but he's worth alot more, see, it cuts both ways again. And the charities he mostly gives to are gay-related things that have little to no bearing on my life.
Again, didn't need to give any of it to charity, or to start any charities of his own. Nope. Could have just sat in England sucking money out of the US and painting his toenails.

And yeah, the Food Bank of NYC and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation are nothing if not gay-related.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:12 PM

10,030 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
That's why the 63-year-old gay singer said he took a stand last week during a performance at a private Beverly Hills fundraiser for the ongoing legal challenge to California's gay marriage ban. The outspoken British piano man, who became a parent to a baby boy on Christmas Day with partner David Furnish, added that "as I get older, I get more angry about it."

Elton John 'fed up,' feels like 'second-class citizen' in US - 1/23/2011 11:53:26 AM | Newser
My issue is why he has to open his big fat mouth "during a performance". No different than hiring a plumber and having him stop his work and preaching to you on gay rights. You paid to hear him sing and not spout off during a performance with his opinion that means no more than aynone elses.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:29 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Don't Go Breaking My Heart.
OK...you've got to stop. I've just about peed in my pants over your posts here.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:47 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
OK...you've got to stop. I've just about peed in my pants over your posts here.
Pinball Wizzard?

Old 01-29-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
No it doesn't. He didn't have to give any of it back. Probably paid more in taxes than in one year than you have in your entire lifetime, which would have covered his obligations to the US.

I didn't say there would be a gaping hole in your country. I said there would be a gaping hole in certain of your country's causes. Comprehend much?

Again, didn't need to give any of it to charity, or to start any charities of his own. Nope. Could have just sat in England sucking money out of the US and painting his toenails.

And yeah, the Food Bank of NYC and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation are nothing if not gay-related.
Saturday Night's Alright (for fighting)???

Old 01-29-2011, 08:52 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
He should.

He's not only gay, but british! LOL.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
My issue is why he has to open his big fat mouth "during a performance". No different than hiring a plumber and having him stop his work and preaching to you on gay rights. You paid to hear him sing and not spout off during a performance with his opinion that means no more than aynone elses.
Can You Feel The Love Tonight?

Old 01-29-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He should.

He's not only gay, but british! LOL.
Right...A Madman Across The Water!

Old 02-12-2011, 08:21 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,914,217 times
I heard he's a Tiny Dancer too!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities