Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2012, 06:35 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
She cried because he wouldn't give her an autograph?
Yeah, nice or not, her response certainly wasn't his fault. That's a bit over the top. And what the heck, the guy was working. Maybe he just didn't want someone bugging him while he was trying to work.

I remember hearing a story about Pual Newman. True or not I don't know. But it seems he quit giving autographs when one day some guy followed him into the loo and asked him for an autograph while he was taking a whizz. When he asked the guy "Seriously?" the guy got all huffy.

After that, Newman vowed he wasn't going to be interrupted doing anything ever again to give autographs. Like I say I don't know whether or not this is true or an urban legend but Newman never did give autographs and he was a philantrophist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 06:35 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Nicest:

Jimmy Stewart
John Wayne
Rush Limbaugh
Judge John Hill
Peter Ustinov

Rudest:

Jimmy Carter
Billy Carter
Ann Richards
My local Police Chief
I've met Jimmy Carter a few times and he's always been very nice.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:51 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,320,082 times
Jay Leno , nice guy (10 years ago)
Ed Asner, nice guy (8 years ago)
Joe Paterno, (ex coach Penn St) distant (5 years ago)
Jerry Sandusky, (ex coach Penn St) Stand offish (5 years ago)
Co Oliver North, (pres Reagan aid) Good man (5 years ago)
Leon Panetta (sec of defense) really nice guy (4 years ago)
Dr Tom Osborne (former coach Nebraska) First class guy ( 6 years ago)
Erin Brockovich (subject of Julia Roberts movie) Dynamite (7 years ago)

Old 09-02-2012, 09:02 PM

407 posts, read 829,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
Well, he's not completely wrong there is he?, I mean im pretty sure that's why some people bother even getting autographs.
That may be, but I was just a kid at the time, not like I was working for the Paparazzi

Old 09-02-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
years ago I took my mother to Las Vegas to see Robert Goulet. I slipped the door man a $20 ( a lot of money at the time) for a great seat. We were right there almost under his feet but mother was a smoker and Robert Goulet was absolutely mean and horrible to her and any other smokers in the audience. This was way before any non smoking sections . I think the theater should have honored his wishes not to seat smokers so close to him but I guess that would have been impossible.

What was supposed to be a wonderful treat for my mother turned into humiliation and tears for her. I was crushed.
I have heard that Robert Goulet really went out of his way to be a *****.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk032099 View Post
Nicest:
Joshua Radin and Tristan Prettyman -- Met them during their Underwater Tour a few weeks ago. Both very nice, if only a little shy.

Bill Murray -- Grabbed my brother's friend and gave him a nuggie. When he let him go he said "Your friends are never gonna believe this..." and walked away lol.

Richard Dreyfus -- My father ran into him in NYC...literally....and knocked him over. My dad apologized profusely and he just said "Its okay" and hurried away.

Meanest:
Donald Trump -- My dad's company subcontracted to him a few years ago and he was a total jerk...constantly

Jerry Seinfeld -- My friend was a manager at a Chase Bank on Long Island. He was shooting a commercial down the block and absolutely refused to give an autograph to her coworker. He actually made her cry. My friend went back out there and did the same back to him....
I find Jerry Seinfeld to be the most un-funniest comedian I have ever seen.

Donald Trump (from what I have heard... mind you, I have never met the guy) isn't rude per se as he is just very blunt and get-to-the-point-my-time-is-valuable

Old 09-02-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
I've met Jimmy Carter a few times and he's always been very nice.
I met Janet Reno at a Clinton fund-raiser (when he was running for his 2cd term) and she was very pleasant and chatty. Madeline Albright, on the other hand, was a complete ass

Old 09-02-2012, 09:31 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance750 View Post
That may be, but I was just a kid at the time, not like I was working for the Paparazzi
Good point.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:43 PM

830 posts, read 1,666,186 times
Default Albright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance750 View Post
I met Janet Reno at a Clinton fund-raiser (when he was running for his 2cd term) and she was very pleasant and chatty. Madeline Albright, on the other hand, was a complete ass
Really? Too bad. She's the only celebrity I've met, and she acted like a sweet little old granny when I saw her. She came through my checkpoint when I was working airport security and shortly after I bought a book at her book signing. She didn't get a lot of attention/recognition from the general public at the airport.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:57 PM

1,320 posts, read 2,698,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk032099 View Post
Nicest:
Jerry Seinfeld -- My friend was a manager at a Chase Bank on Long Island. He was shooting a commercial down the block and absolutely refused to give an autograph to her coworker. He actually made her cry. My friend went back out there and did the same back to him....
Did the same back to him? What on earth did your friend do? Say something nasty back? What? Just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities