Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 11:13 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,568,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
When people major in performing arts/sports, they should also be required to take a class on how to deal with the public.
Some one may have more details about this, but the old ''studio'' movie stars of the 30s, 40s, and 50s actually were ''groomed'' to project an image and interact with their public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 04:36 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,078,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylove View Post
luther vandross was the nastiest sob i ever met... I worked at a nyc rehearsal studio for many years so i have met tons of celebs. I never really talked to them since i know they don't want to be bothered half the time. In his case.. My aunt is a huge fan.. So i kindly asked if i could take his photo. he said "ooh just hurry up and take my f*cking picture already*... I was in such shock.. I snapped and walked away.. the rest of the day he was just rude and nasty to our entire staff, including his.

susan lucci was really sweet.. And little!! She came alll the way to my little cubby hole office to privately use my phone.
lol

Old 07-23-2013, 12:48 PM

537 posts, read 739,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evillouie View Post
Chakotay said years later that Trek ruined his career...but since no one had ever heard of him before Voyager, I'd say you need a career first before it can be ruined!
Robert Beltran (Chakotay) has been working steadily in film, television, and theater since 1979. He's been in over fifty TV/film productions and twenty-plus stage productions. He played Raoul in the cult classic "Eating Raoul" back in '82 and starred with Chuck Norris as his partner, Deputy Kayo in "Lone Wolf McQuade" (upon which "Walker: Texas Ranger" was based). I'd say he has a "career".

Old 07-24-2013, 01:19 PM

21 posts, read 32,487 times
Oh, and here's one I forgot to include in my previous post: Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Way back when Ah-nuld was still a bodybuilder, there was a competition going on near a hotel where I was staying, and he was staying there too. He wasn't nearly as famous as he is now, and I didn't realize who he was until later. I didn't really "meet" him per se, but I did share an elevator ride with him.

Man, that guy had some serious B.O. going on. I thought I was going to pass out!

Old 07-29-2013, 08:51 PM

30,324 posts, read 51,925,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Some one may have more details about this, but the old ''studio'' movie stars of the 30s, 40s, and 50s actually were ''groomed'' to project an image and interact with their public.
Yup... and that included fake spouses/love interests ("beards") for those who were gay, or "too old" to be single! :-/

Old 08-01-2013, 06:46 AM

150 posts, read 392,825 times
OK, uopdate, seems I'm running into more. Talked to Robert Rodriguez for a short time. We flew from Austin to Philadelphia, he in first class, me not. Nice guy, uber busy on his cellphone. Had the hat on.

The other was Jennifer Carpenter. My wife actually spotted her first. We were flying from CA to Austin. I asked her where Dexter was. Nice girl, very quiet.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:10 PM

171 posts, read 311,325 times
When the NBA allstar game came through San Antonio, TX back in the nineties. I worked at a hotel as a banquet server. Hotel needed extra staff for room service so I signed up for extra hours. Did room service for Karl Malone, Terrell brandon, and Michael Jordan. Saw Sean Elliott and David Robinson in the hallways. All very pleasant and quick to the point. No small talk. I never had the oppurtunity to acutall run into a celebrity and speak with one.

My wife worked in a gas station right out of high school back in the mid nineties. She said that a guy came in handed her a bill and said to put it all in the tank. Wife was expecting something like a 10 or 20. He began to walk away and my wife called after him. He had accidently placed a $100 on the counter. He gave her a look and attitude "Stupid girl, you could have easily kept the change for yourself." Turns out he was the former Baseball pitcher Nolan Ryan.

You'd think a bit of honesty would be appreciated.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 6,853 times
Default horror convention

a few years ago i went to a horror convention, actors from horror movies signing autographs and taking pics & stuff. william katt [tommy ross] from carrie, is the nicest guy you will ever meet. i have a great pic w/ him and talked for awhile. very sweet down to earth. dee wallace stone is also very nice. george romero [night of the living dead] is like 7ft tall lol very nice as well. brian from the original ghost hunters is a jerk, because everyone was at steve's booth lol!. steve is very sweet and will talk to you. the girls from rob zombie's halloween were very nice as well. did not get to see rob zombie, as we left early but heard he was cool. also, at a WWE event triple h is sooooo nice!!! so is jerry the king lawlor. so many nice ones, can't name them all.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:36 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,222,449 times
Here's my list and some are famous sports figures. When I was working my way through college in restaurants I met:
Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita (2 noted Blackhawk players, they were very sweet and great tippers too and they were
not making the kind of money players make today) and Ray Meyer the basketball coach of DePaul University (so nice
as well as the players).
Worked with Paul Popovich an infielder for the Chicago Cubs after he ended his baseball career.
Exchanged a hello and a smile with Jim Belushi and Kevin Kostner.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:37 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,000,612 times
Don't know if I mentioned this, but I met boxer Thomas (Hit Man) Hearns years ago in a hospital waiting room. He had the smoothest skin and smelled sooooo expensively good. That was some rich-smelling cologne.

I immediately recognized him, grabbed some paper, and asked him for an autograph. He asked me 4 times what my name was. He was very nonchalant and reluctantly (apparently) signed by autograph. His handwriting was atrocious, BTW.

However, I got the autograph - and some graham crackers - from the waiting room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities