U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 03:31 PM

12,478 posts, read 15,651,806 times

Advertisements

Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony Divorcing : People.com

anyone surprised???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 04:15 PM

10,664 posts, read 8,270,259 times
Not really...

Old 07-15-2011, 04:51 PM

1,193 posts, read 1,624,663 times
Hmm I wonder why they split,isnt Marc Anthony known for being a womanizer/cheater?

Old 07-15-2011, 05:01 PM

3,879 posts, read 7,556,288 times
I am. I thought they were great together.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:34 PM

3,656 posts, read 7,162,132 times
Well I thought they had really met their match. I liked seeing Marc Anthony on Idol. Wonder if Diddy still being close friends with Jennifer had anything to do with it? Marc & Jennifer had an on again off again relationship prior to him marrying his first wife, then they got married the day of their divorces. So I thought it would work. Too bad.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:40 PM

554 posts, read 1,401,315 times
Yes, I am surprised. I know I shouldn't be. This is her 3rd divorce and his 2nd. You'd think they'd try to work it out. They just renewed their wedding vows last year too. I thought they made a good match and they seemed very compatible. Oh, Hollywood....Cupid doesn't like that place for some reason.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:41 PM

117 posts, read 165,452 times
Yea I'm a bit surprised...I honestly thought this one was going to work...they from the same culture and they became a power house with the Latina music industry... and then the babies...her first kids...I figure she was getting older and maturing...but I bet it was ALL Marc Anthony... I never liked him...he looks sneaky....

Old 07-15-2011, 07:47 PM

6,025 posts, read 13,952,738 times
J-lo has always struck me as being a bit of a diva. I wonder if her gig on AI made her even more of an unbearable diva and he got sick of it. or maybe she got sick of supporting him

Old 07-15-2011, 07:50 PM

12,478 posts, read 15,651,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASpoon View Post
Yea I'm a bit surprised...I honestly thought this one was going to work...they from the same culture and they became a power house with the Latina music industry... and then the babies...her first kids...I figure she was getting older and maturing...but I bet it was ALL Marc Anthony... I never liked him...he looks sneaky....

Really? Interesting view. See, I could see her being a Diva and down right hateful. I didn't buy her "nice girl" role on the couple of American Idol episodes I watched.
When she was dating Ben Affleck-one of the tv shows like 20/20 interviewed him/them at a country style home he owned. During the interview they took a walk outside and were standing on a boat dock. Apparently someone off camera,like a fan must have been taking a picture or two because Jennifer started waving her arms frantically and yelling, "you-stop! Get away from here!!!!" Ben Affleck looked embarrassed and annoyed and promptly told her to stop and said,"you can't keep acting like that. Please stop".............not verbatim but something quite along those lines. They broke up shortly after. Anyway....after seeing that exchange I thought she was probably a hand full and a diva.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:01 PM

6,472 posts, read 14,568,266 times
Yeah right, ladies. JLO is sexy, talented and beautiful! Let's not forget she is a great dancer and actress. Marc Anthony is also extremely talented (I Lurve Contra La Corriente) BUT he left his WIFE Dayanara Torres for Jennifer. IMO He's the scumbag in this equation. Even with all the romantic songs he wrote Jenni, I just think he jumped from one woman to another TOO fast. Is her bum really that awesome?

Ok, it is definitely great, but for her part, JLO was just on the rebound from her breakup with Affleck. Marc Anthony has a lovely voice, but IMO he looks like a little weasel and it was just a matter of time before he a) cheated on her or b) she got over her breakup and realized what she had done.

I really hated how the media tried to make the JLO/Affleck pairing seem so terrible. I think they make a beautiful couple, and I know he has a kid now blah blah blah, but I wouldn't cry if he and Jennifer got back together. It's like he just went for the women with a sort of big butt, but I bet he misses Jennifer! I loved her ever since she played Selena Gomez, so I'm firmly on Jenni's side. I just hope the two can have an amicable divorce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or