Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 08:07 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,628,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I forgot to mention about the paparazzi. Did you notice in several episodes how Kate made it a point TO DRAW ATTENTION to the distant photographers to the children, when the children would have otherwise not even noticed them? She loves the attention. Phoney.
And the freebies that come with the fame and fortune and attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 09:53 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,530,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I forgot to mention about the paparazzi. Did you notice in several episodes how Kate made it a point TO DRAW ATTENTION to the distant photographers to the children, when the children would have otherwise not even noticed them? She loves the attention. Phoney.
But of course- I love the fact that she dresses up really nice to go to the grocery store......she is a poor example of a single parent raising muiltiples. She has no right or claim to that. Every time I hear someone defend her about being single parent of muiltiples I want to shake them and say your feeding into her crap story! She has always been in it for money- since that day she learned there was more then 2 or 3 she was carring. And I do blame TLC just as much as Kate for that crap these kids are in now and in their future. TLC doesn't care about these kids-

Old 08-29-2011, 03:34 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,773,265 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleBug
This thread is disgraceful.

You want to criticise, insult and condemn the parents on one hand and then feign concern for the kids on the other.

If you really cared about the kids you wouldn't spew hatred and wish the worst for their mum and dad.

Seriously. I think most people are hoping for the kids lives to become living tragedies just so they can say "I told you so" and feel smug and superior.

Take a good hard look at yourself.

Stop being so nasty and grow up.

Seriously.

Quote:
First of all, I wouldn't pimp out my kids to a television show, or anything else that might harm them. Secondly, I wouldn't allow myself to treated the way Jon was treated.

It is a cold hard observation of what happened, there is nothing smug about it. Kates actions are beyond nasty, and yet you take us to task for her actions? Anyone who would do to the kids what Kate did, doesn't warrant any sympathy. It takes a special breed of ******* to become that greedy.
Amen. Kate's a shrew. I hope now that its all over, the courts take a harder look at her parenting skills, or the lack of, and re-evaluate the custody. Jon was no saint, that's for sure, but he is showing concern and wants his kids to be in more normal lives. Not sure that can happen. Those 8 kids, are used to being spoiled rotten. Now that won't happen. No more fancy trips, no more fancy parties, can she really afford that house???? Hmmmm

I'm sorry but pimping your kids out on a television show, so that YOU can be famous, is WRONG.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:37 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
I don't see this as the end of Kate, unfortunately. She is a media w*&^$, and will continue to seek attention. Maybe though, the kids can start living a more normal existence. I doubt it though..I found her parenting skills, constant whining about everything just too annoying...Jon was the normal one in that family.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:38 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,773,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
At least Jon had the option to escape her torture. Unfortunately, the kids don't have that same option.
Truer words never spoken.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:53 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,160,204 times
I have a question about the show. I haven't watched in a long time, but I did want to see the latest RV episode. Who are the people that went with her? A friend and a nanny?

Old 09-01-2011, 08:51 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post
Amen. Kate's a shrew. I hope now that its all over, the courts take a harder look at her parenting skills, or the lack of, and re-evaluate the custody. Jon was no saint, that's for sure, but he is showing concern and wants his kids to be in more normal lives. Not sure that can happen. Those 8 kids, are used to being spoiled rotten. Now that won't happen. No more fancy trips, no more fancy parties, can she really afford that house???? Hmmmm

I'm sorry but pimping your kids out on a television show, so that YOU can be famous, is WRONG.

I don't think she's a shrew so much as she's just an extreme control freak.

Sadly, some of her kids are already learning to be the same way from watching her

She needs some therapy and a real man in her life who could tame her shrewish ways

Old 09-02-2011, 01:19 PM

18,467 posts, read 31,624,300 times
but why is anyone really interested in her and her life?????

and would would anyone be interested in her life. ????

Old 09-06-2011, 02:58 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
I've never found the show to be watchable at any time.

Just bits and pieces of her carping on or chewing someone out. I watched maybe 30 seconds the other night and she was bitching someone out for giving some food to the kids that she wanted to be saved for the adults or some such....ugh....who could watch this garbage?

Old 09-07-2011, 02:04 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,024,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I've never found the show to be watchable at any time.

Just bits and pieces of her carping on or chewing someone out. I watched maybe 30 seconds the other night and she was bitching someone out for giving some food to the kids that she wanted to be saved for the adults or some such....ugh....who could watch this garbage?

not me ..... i think i have watched a grand total of about 10 minutes of this show.... oh wait.... i did watch some of the show where they were supposed to go camping with the Palins.....

i will admit to an addiction to People Magazine, which is how i know who these people are in the first place.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities