Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 06:48 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
How so and to whom? Since the beginning of time people push boundaries. What makes the artistic temperament so susceptible to notorious and off-the-wall conduct? "Artists in general are unusual people," "Great artists push boundaries, have new ways of seeing and thinking, and do things no one has done before. This energy is not going to be confined to their work. It spills over to how they live."

Sorry but using the men's room is not art, it's attention-grabbing obnoxiousness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 07:52 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,561,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
She's a natural brunette. She is also very Catholic and she went to a highly Christian school where she was taught by nuns. She used to be more corpulent (not fat by any means, just a normal female figure) and she used to wear regular clothes. She was quite popular in high school according to several former classmates.

This whole image of being a "missfit" and a "rebel" against religion is completely fake. I cringe every time I hear Gaga talking about how "different" she is and how she was bullied for it in high school. She pretends to be the spokesperson for every LGBT person out there even though many of them don't even want to be represented by her. I do think her position on gay rights is commendable but she's so over-the-top about it, it doesn't feel sincere to me. It looks more like a marketing ploy to me, to cater to the LGBT community in order to increase her sales and popularity. I'm not saying that's her motivation but that's just how it comes across to me.

It's a shame that she is willing to degrade herself like this to get attention because she is genuinely talented. She has a fantastic voice, she can play the piano and she has great songwriting abilities (although she doesn't put them to use much nowadays). I used to be critical of her talent until I saw a video of from before she was famous:

I much prefer the old Gaga. I have to admit that I do like a lot of her songs. I hear a lot of people complaining about the new album but I love Born This Way, Judas, Edge of Glory and You and I

your comments about the whole LGBT thing are spot on

to me in the clip she sounds like Norah Jones, it's too bad.

but I predict when her popularity wears (if it ever does) she could come back as her more normal self as a re-invention

it's all hype and marketing though, amazing what is says about so many people in this country. But I do think it says more about the populace than her, same with the Kardashians etc.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:39 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,799,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
I heard she came to the record companies just as a regular blond 20 something female but no one was interested. Later she came back with the wigs, costumes, weird makeup and all and of course they all wanted her. So true singing talent means nothing in the music business today. Record companies are the absolute worst!
To some extent yes, but you watch her on the VMAs v. Adele (I know - she is the new barometer) and its just pathetic. Talent though difficult to find - should not be compromised by gimmicks. Taylor Swift and so many others - gimmick away - you need the distraction.

BTW - the best part of the VMA opening was the unedited, unrehearsed WTF looks from the audience - and when she fell off the piano. Now that was entertaining.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:02 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,629,899 times
Thanks a lot Alice. I don't know if I can take you seriously again.

Alice Cooper Says Gaga Is A Female Version Of Him | Pollstar - The Concert Hotwire

Old 09-03-2011, 07:23 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
Thanks a lot Alice. I don't know if I can take you seriously again.

Alice Cooper Says Gaga Is A Female Version Of Him | Pollstar - The Concert Hotwire
Speaking of which I saw an interview with him and he was saying how at the peak of his heyday as Mr. snake death or whatever his schtick he was basically a normal husband and father and didn't hardly drink or do drugs or party or anything.
Who knows. They are entertainers. They like to entertain. That means they like to be on stage in front of an audience. Entertainers, song writers, singers - they are all conveying a story and emotion and all that. Everything is more extreme now. You don't have to watch her or like her act to listen to her music...or not.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:29 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
That's a shame because she doesn't need to resort to such tactics. Lady Gaga is already a very talented singer and songwriter.
agree. All the other stuff takes away from her real talent IMO.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Sorry but using the men's room is not art, it's attention-grabbing obnoxiousness.
In her defense she was staying in character. And having fun too. lol

Old 09-07-2011, 02:21 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,358,998 times
Very SMART Lady....she is the new Madonna The bathroom thing ee is so silly.... BTW homes have A unisex bathroom and i myself have used the mens room MANY times when the womens room like was way too long to wait. Great place to meet guys if i might say

Old 09-07-2011, 09:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
Very SMART Lady....she is the new Madonna The bathroom thing ee is so silly.... BTW homes have A unisex bathroom and i myself have used the mens room MANY times when the womens room like was way too long to wait. Great place to meet guys if i might say
Oh yeah at clubs and at malls I have in the past. They just laugh. Women take to long to go. Which is understandable since we at times have more to do.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:02 AM

121 posts, read 299,281 times
Gaga is a fake.......please disappear forever Gaga.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities