Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 11:28 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times

Advertisements

I regifted them a breadmaker for their wedding, although I wouldn't necessarily expect them to return it, a thank you note would have been nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 11:29 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,075,496 times
Okay first off let me say I feel sorry for these people because they know the cost of everything and the value of nothing . They cannot value themselves because dollar signs cloud their eyes . They dont know what it is to volunteer your time to something worth while . I realize Robert Kardashian was loaded with money but still you can teach your kids values and worthiness even if you do have money . That is one thing I will say for Gene Simmons he has raised his kids to know value of something and i did hear him say one time to his son "I have worked all my life for my money I think you should do the same" . You dont hear of his being arrested or even in trouble so I pretty much have to say even though you have money you can raise your kids right.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:00 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,787,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Okay first off let me say I feel sorry for these people because they know the cost of everything and the value of nothing . They cannot value themselves because dollar signs cloud their eyes . They dont know what it is to volunteer your time to something worth while . I realize Robert Kardashian was loaded with money but still you can teach your kids values and worthiness even if you do have money . That is one thing I will say for Gene Simmons he has raised his kids to know value of something and i did hear him say one time to his son "I have worked all my life for my money I think you should do the same" . You dont hear of his being arrested or even in trouble so I pretty much have to say even though you have money you can raise your kids right.

LOL--true!!
Reminds me of the scene from The Cosby Show where one of the kids is saying how being rich is ruining her social life because the other kids call her a snob. Cliff looks at the kid and says,"We are not rich. Your mother and I have money because we have jobs. But you--you have nothing"

Old 11-02-2011, 01:09 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,628,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Kim's sex tape started this whole thing...
I forgot. She's famous for being a slu+

Old 11-02-2011, 06:09 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
from Ryan Seacrest twitter feed.....wow, that didnt even last three months...
Blame me for being stupid but I watch the reality soap this family is making just to see how stupid they are and they are spoiled brats.

Kim is one of the most spoiled person on Earth and although I'm not a huge fan of her husband or better said ex husband to be, I have to give him credit for calling it as he saw it but he didn't do much to change it, although I doubt she can be changed.

I hope sponsors will back out...they are as fake as they can come, famous for nothing, having a clothing line designed by others and just put their name on it, but what the heck if you can make it big this way, what is wrong...they don't steal, get money from dumb people whonare willing to pay their stuff.

I only watch which makes me stupid but I wouldn't buy anything they sell...

Old 11-02-2011, 07:19 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,406,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
She's famous for being a slu+
As much as I think the Kardashians deserve most of the criticism they get, I don't think Kim deserves to be called a "slu+" because she had sex with her boyfriend and they taped it.

The tape isn't about Kim having sex with some random man. He was her boyfriend after all.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:42 PM

769 posts, read 1,006,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
As much as I think the Kardashians deserve most of the criticism they get, I don't think Kim deserves to be called a "slu+" because she had sex with her boyfriend and they taped it.

The tape isn't about Kim having sex with some random man. He was her boyfriend after all.
I actually agree with this, in spite of my feelings regarding this whole scenario. I mean there are TONS of people out there who make sex tapes with their partners, not just her. Hers just happened to leak and since she and her family were even a bit "semi-famous" back at that time, it exploded. Private things should remain private.

Also, the other thing I'm thinking/ wondering about is how this will effect her and the family? I wonder if this will finally break them (even if it did, they've already made such a gross amount of money it wouldn't matter)? I think the new season of their NYC show (which is out later this month I think), will either have astronomical ratings (because people want to see the couple, their issues, and how/why all this panned out) or the ratings will be terrible (public backlash) and that will end their career. Should be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:17 PM

574 posts, read 1,064,428 times
Before all their "fame" the girls/Kris K. owned a small women's boutique called Dash in a strip mall in their hometown of Calabasas. They worked in the store buying and selling clothes. Not sure if Kris manages Bruce other than around the house. Kim had a flare for fashion years ago and because of this, famous friends asked her to be their stylist and she would sell her fashion finds. I imagine the kids inherited some bucks from their deceased father who was one of OJ's attorneys after the murder of his wife. Just a little history lesson back when no one cared.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:19 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,406,578 times
Kris does manage her husband, Bruce Jenner. He was flat broke when they got married and she realized he wasn't being managed properly. She started putting press kits together and turned his career around so that he got lucrative speaking engagements.

That's the only thing Kris has done right.

By the time she started managing her daughters, she went overboard in my opinion. It all began with the sex tape. Kris said she had to make lemonade out of lemons. They settled with the company that distributed the tape, so Kim made money from it. Then they got the show.

I find the mother disturbing. Recently Kim did a nude photo shoot for a magazine where they promised her body would be covered artistically by graphics. She had hesitated to do it because she went through so much grief from the sex tape. When the magazine came out, her body wasn't covered. You would think she'd have a contract to back up the conditions.

Anyway, on the show, Kim called her mother sobbing about the photos and that they lied to her ... it reminded her of the sex tape scandal. Her mother just looked at the photos and saw dollar signs. She told her they were beautiful and to just let it go.

Mom doesn't seem to worry much about Kim's feelings if money is involved.

Also, as far as the family clothing store and the subsequent Kardashian clothing lines, I'm with Tim Gunn on this. He said he finds their style cheap and vulgar.

Tim Gunn: Kardashian girls are 'largely vulgar' - NYPOST.com

They can say they are business women, but celebrities don't really "design" clothing the way real designers do. They just work with designers and put their stamp on the clothing. The Kardashian's taste is awful.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:21 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,712,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post

Oh, that makes me feel better, I guess it's classy to copulate on screen with your " boyfriend".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities