Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 12:21 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,991,566 times

Advertisements

Just another casualty in Hollyweird's 99% divorce stats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 12:44 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,377,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I think it was all a publicity stunt for their reality show. I think Kim used this guy.
After watching the reruns of the wedding this weekend, my gut feeling is that she fell head over heels in love - they kept saying how she loves to be in love - and they got engaged way too quickly, and by the time she woke up and realized what a jerk he was, it was too late. They were already in the middle of filming the special, she had all the guests invited, and it had gone too far for her to back out gracefully.

It was obvious they were both have second thoughts - but if they chose to go forward, and do it anyway, they certainly aren't the only couple who has done that. There are many many couples who know better on their wedding day, and still go through with it, just to keep up appearances, and then file for divorce within a couple of months after.

One of the most telling quotes came from one of Kim's friends...

Quote:
Another longtime family friend, E!'s Heather MacDonald, told Us that Humphries, 26, isn't the exactly nicest guy. "I actually thought [Kim] would stay married for like a year to save face," she told Us. "I actually had respect for her that she digit on the [72nd] day [of marriage]. I do think she likes to be in love, and I do think she loved him the day they married. Being at the wedding, they seemed like a couple totally into each other. But they were only dating for six months before that."
What's Next for Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries? - Yahoo! OMG!

Old 11-01-2011, 02:08 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,787,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
After watching the reruns of the wedding this weekend, my gut feeling is that she fell head over heels in love - they kept saying how she loves to be in love - and they got engaged way too quickly, and by the time she woke up and realized what a jerk he was, it was too late. They were already in the middle of filming the special, she had all the guests invited, and it had gone too far for her to back out gracefully.

It was obvious they were both have second thoughts - but if they chose to go forward, and do it anyway, they certainly aren't the only couple who has done that. There are many many couples who know better on their wedding day, and still go through with it, just to keep up appearances, and then file for divorce within a couple of months after.

One of the most telling quotes came from one of Kim's friends...
can hardly wait for Kris's friends to speak out about Kim's shortcomings. Oh but wait-his friends make have some class and not tell tales.
How nice is it that Kris found out by reading online that Kim had filed for divorce. Talk about blindsided!!
Why you keep calling this guy a jerk is the mystery here.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:02 AM

18,467 posts, read 31,621,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I wonder if there really was a marriage with a license and everything...

I am wondering if they only had a ceremony.

Kim K is famous for sleeping with a guy on camera and that's it.

There is nothing she has done in her life to warrant this much public attention.

The media really thinks we're this stupid to eat up anything she is selling?

I honestly think her 15 minutes are up. Please cash this cow-in I am sick of hearing about her - she's so 1 hour and 15 minutes ago. Pfft...

yeah really, why is anyone interested in this family?
I guess to many people here have really boring lives to watch these dumb azz peeps on tv.

why are they on TV, why do they have a show?

Old 11-01-2011, 07:14 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,560,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
And somehow gays are the ones that threaten the sanctity of marriage?
Amazing isn't it? You have gay people who want to marry for love and are denied then you have this pyscho babble idiot who planned her dream wedding since she was a child!
Her ex husband said it best! "You should have married your mother"!

Old 11-01-2011, 07:33 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I think she decided to divorce him when she heard about the NBA strike. That's a lot of pro-ball players with a lot of time on their hands. Too good an opportunity for a **** like her to pass up.
lol she probably wanted a championship ring and reconsidered married a Nets player.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:06 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,914,224 times
I hope this is the catalyst that ends her and the family 'fame'. They are attention seeking media whores.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:38 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
I agree, for all of their seemed faults and issues, the family is kind of addicting to watch. You really can't help but stop and look sometimes. Like everyone said though.....this wasn't really a surprise. The whole thing seemed extremely forced and he seemed like just as much of a do*che as her.

But hey, on the other hand, they're laughing all the way to the bank so..... wish I had their bank accounts

ROLL CALL: Are The Kardashians Headed To The Billionaires Club? | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

I don't think you understood me that well. No biggy, just want to clarify. I never watch them. I hate their show and their stupid life. I just meant that hearing about them falling/ crashing/ doing dumb stuff is fun, because none of them idiots should be so called celebrities anyway..That's kind of what I meant. Wanted to clarify that, because I seriously don't watch any of those dumb shows. Neither do I watch those stupid old man fkers who got spin offs for sleeping with old frogs..You know who I'm talking about. I won't even mention their names, because I will not acknowledge them as "celebrities" no matter how many times tabloids, E news or any other stupid source does. They are simply gold digging whor es who somehow found a way to exploit themselves and the media for their own gain.

Twenty years ago if "celebrities" acted like this they would be gone, kaput, out of here. Of course twenty years ago you actually had to accomplish something to be a celebrity/-which is a whole other story..Anyhow, we lived in a really messed up world. We are teaching our children that if you sleep with men who are old enough to be your great great great *dead* grandfather, and prance around with a g-string while acting ditzy as hel l; then we (media whor ed outlets) will somehow reward you...B.S. in my book.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:00 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,406,578 times
The Kardashian girls are their mother's creation. They are rewarded with too much money to have the gumption to step off mom's publicity train.

They have terrible judgment about men.

Scott is an immature jerk with serious addiction issues.

Kris has a lot of growing up to do. I think he is more grounded than Kim about what matters in life, and he may eventually grow up and make a good husband. But he is still young and immature, and it showed in his rude remarks to Kim's family members and his opting out any time the going got hard in wedding planning. Also, it's been reported that he was hated by his teammates because of his constant rude remarks. At the same time, he didn't seem to have the strength to resist being pushed around by the Kardashians.

Khloe is the only one who married a man she loves who adores her and isn't an immature jerk. I think she's the least susceptible to allowing the family business of fame whoring to destroy her happiness.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:15 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,713 times
Kim isn't a celebrity. Actually, the Khardashian aren't celebrities. I don't recall them doing anything but dramas. You have your own tv show, so what? I remember reading an article about the Khardashian, and the mom was defending her girls by refuting people's comment on how they don't work and she said they do "work". Like what? Calling for attention is call working? Bluffin` I tell ya.

Go get therapy help Khardashian...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities