Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 01:12 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
She's on TV because her food is delicious!

No one is saying you have to eat these stuff everyday!!

You only live one time!! Even those that lived on tree bark and raisins have died of something! And they never knew the simple joy of a juicy grilled steak or the an ice cream sundae! That's ridiculous!

Moderation people!! Get over it!
No one says you have to eat her brand of crap either. It is aweful what she does to food.

Her food is repulsive. Her food isn't even close to the same group as a steak, a grilled burger. That dumb excuse of a tv chef would take a good grilled steak and them run it through a batter then deep fry it. Talk about perverting something great making it swill.

Not only is her food and preperation of food repulsive so is that gawd awful southern accent. What is worse is her boys are on TV trying to show that they can cook the same brand of crap and that they try too hard to be straight.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:18 AM

Anthony Bourdain calls Paula Deen 'the worst, most dangerous person to America' - NYPOST.com

Anthony Bourdain vs. Paula Deen: A Recap

The thing is I like all things grilled, meats in just about all froms. I love good food. That Paula touts does not fit that criteria.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:18 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
You mean you're telling me that burgers topped with bacon, a fried egg, and donuts instead of hamburger buns isn't healthy?

Mmmm... Donut bacon burger.
I made this once...without the bacon or egg...but it was AWESOME.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:53 PM

105 posts, read 188,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
She's on TV because her food is delicious!

No one is saying you have to eat these stuff everyday!!

You only live one time!! Even those that lived on tree bark and raisins have died of something! And they never knew the simple joy of a juicy grilled steak or the an ice cream sundae! That's ridiculous!

Moderation people!! Get over it!

Well stated. Paula herself OFTEN reminded the audience that she did not eat that way everyday and they couldn't either. My husband was suddenly diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes back in the 80's. He was not an overeater who lived on sticks of butter and sugar.

Paula Deen is a wonderful cook who simply cooks accroding to her heritage. Yes, Southerners love rich food but, no one can say all of them are overweight and diseased.

I don't get all the hate for her. What did she ever do to anyone? She shared her recipes. She did not force them down anyone's throat.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:00 PM

105 posts, read 188,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
No one says you have to eat her brand of crap either. It is aweful what she does to food.

Her food is repulsive. Her food isn't even close to the same group as a steak, a grilled burger. That dumb excuse of a tv chef would take a good grilled steak and them run it through a batter then deep fry it. Talk about perverting something great making it swill.

Not only is her food and preperation of food repulsive so is that gawd awful southern accent. What is worse is her boys are on TV trying to show that they can cook the same brand of crap and that they try too hard to be straight.

So don't make her recipes. Why are you so hateful over a woman you don't even know and who has never done a wrong against you? If she had been diagnosed with cancer, I bet you would have blamed that on her rich, southern style cooking. You even hate the woman's accent! I don't enjoy the Bronxy New Yawk accent but, I sure don't hate the people because of it. I would never judge them because of the way they talk.

You hate her because you think what she does to food is awful. Should I hate you because I think what you do to the English language, spelling and decent grammar is "aweful?"

Old 01-15-2012, 07:33 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,344,148 times
Too bad, about her diabetes. I would like to see her use this opportunity to offer "lighter versions" of her recipes for those who have problems. Many people would love to see that and it would expand her audience for sure. No way you could eat that kind of cooking everyday and not get repurcussions eventually.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.LouieGal View Post
So don't make her recipes. Why are you so hateful over a woman you don't even know and who has never done a wrong against you? If she had been diagnosed with cancer, I bet you would have blamed that on her rich, southern style cooking. You even hate the woman's accent! I don't enjoy the Bronxy New Yawk accent but, I sure don't hate the people because of it. I would never judge them because of the way they talk.

You hate her because you think what she does to food is awful. Should I hate you because I think what you do to the English language, spelling and decent grammar is "aweful?"
So you are picking a nit over a small spelling gaff? So, I make a spelling error once in a while…

We are living in a country were people over indulge and are not active. I take great issue with someone who actively promotes that sort of bad eating habits that plague our nation. The caveat of her to use moderation does not absolve her of what she is touting on her show. As clearly stated before, there is a clear difference between good food prepared well and the deep fried crap she claims is good food.

Even good southern food isn’t as vile as the stuff she presents.

To make this clear, there is a big difference between cancer and type 2 diabetes. Some cancers you can mitigate with lifestyle choices.

Type 2 diabetes can be more preventable with healthy diet and activity. It isn’t a 100% surefire prevention. However, healthy diets and activities may help prevent this disease.

The New England Journal of Medicine found that overweight and obese were the single two largest factors in predicting who would develop type 2 diabetes.
http://diabetes.webmd.com/guide/preventing-type-2-diabetes

Last edited by SD4020; 01-15-2012 at 08:51 PM..

Old 01-15-2012, 08:48 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times
This recipe of hers is really killer -- mmmmm banana pudding

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network

Old 01-15-2012, 09:06 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
You mean you're telling me that burgers topped with bacon, a fried egg, and donuts instead of hamburger buns isn't healthy?

Mmmm... Donut bacon burger.
Actually the part that is bad for a diabetic is the donut.

Hamburger and even bacon will not raise one's glucose level ... but they are certainly not good for your cholesterol.

BTW, not all heavy people become diabetic; not all diabetics are overweight. Certainly if you have a family history of diabetes, extra weight will kick it in. Obesity is often a co-factor in diabetes, but genetics play a bigger role.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:57 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.LouieGal View Post
Well stated. Paula herself OFTEN reminded the audience that she did not eat that way everyday and they couldn't either. My husband was suddenly diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes back in the 80's. He was not an overeater who lived on sticks of butter and sugar.

Paula Deen is a wonderful cook who simply cooks accroding to her heritage. Yes, Southerners love rich food but, no one can say all of them are overweight and diseased.

I don't get all the hate for her. What did she ever do to anyone? She shared her recipes. She did not force them down anyone's throat.
Exactly!! Everyone should treat themselves with something that just plain ol' tastes great! That's what she cooks!

But you don't eat this stuff everyday!!

Use common sense!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities