Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 12:55 PM

75 posts, read 195,740 times

Advertisements

Wow. Some of the comments on here amaze me. You'd think that Paula single handedly made America overweight and unhealthy. Who do we blame for the thin, athletic people who are diabetic? Who do we point the finger at when "healthy joggers" drop dead of heart attacks? Who do we yell "fire" at when people pull their cars through fast food drive thrus?

How many times does she have to say that you can't eat like this every day? As a side observation, why is that only "fat" people are considered unhealthy? You can be as anerexic skinny as you want to be and no one blinks an eye, yet being underweight also carries similar heath issues. Heart problems, dental issues, low blood sugar, kidney failure all are associated with being underweight. But hey, at least they're not fat, right?

Old 01-19-2012, 01:49 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Part of the anger, I think, is the fact that she knew about having diabetes 3 years ago and chose not to disclose it until now, when she is doing commercials for a diabetes drug. If I were a fan of hers, I'd feel duped.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:59 PM

Why would you feel duped? If you are a fan, you're a fan of her cooking show, not her health. It's not like she's been denying that she's had diabetes, she's just not shared that she does. That is her personal business. Now that she has an opportunity to share what's been going on and possibly promote a medication that has helped her, it's a big deal. And most of the comments here are from people who say they don't, won't, never would eat the food she cooks. Not fans, I'd say.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
I've never been a big fan of her show - I always liked her though because I grew up in the South and she reminds me of a good ole southern girl.

I hate, hate, hate those donut burgers she made -donuts, eggs, hamburger and cheese - gross. Those ingredients do not belong in the same sentence - let alone stacked atop one another!

That's the most I know about her other than the interviews I've seen in the past.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:36 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,809,283 times
This entire debate is insane.
She's a business woman.
Her health issues have NOTHING to do with what she's selling: tasty food ideas.

Leave her alone and wish her well.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:49 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
This entire debate is insane.
She's a business woman.
Her health issues have NOTHING to do with what she's selling: tasty food ideas.

Leave her alone and wish her well.
I would agree with you, unless she hadn't become a paid spokesperson for diabetes medication.

I think that was a very bad move and makes me think she is just out for more money.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:54 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
I would agree with you, unless she hadn't become a paid spokesperson for diabetes medication.

I think that was a very bad move and makes me think she is just out for more money.
I would have an easier time wishing her well and not be as harsh if she was willing to make the lifestyle changes that would help her. Instead she picked the path that she did.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:55 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,809,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post

And?
So what? Again---it's a business.
Nothing personal.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:49 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
And?
So what? Again---it's a business.
Nothing personal.
Opinions...we all have them!

Old 01-19-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I would have an easier time wishing her well and not be as harsh if she was willing to make the lifestyle changes that would help her. Instead she picked the path that she did.

Do you mean the path to medication? Diabetes is not always controlled by diet and exercise alone. Sometimes you HAVE to have medication as well. How do you know that she hasn't changed HER eating habits? Just because she still cooks with butter and sugar on her a TV show doesn't mean that SHE herself eats those foods.

I have a co-worker that exercises 7 days a week and eats better than anyone else I know. Guess what, two years ago was diagnosed with diabetes. He now has an insulin pump imbedded in his body. GENETICS have a little something to do with your health sometimes. You can't avoid illness or disease by eating right and exercising. His wife is slightly overweight and hates to exercise. He was always giving her a hard time saying that he was worried about her health. Now she's the healthy one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities