Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 10:51 AM

1,566 posts, read 2,158,685 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry, I don't think it's a good thing that she's dating another young guy. Obviously Demi has a lot of issues, mentally. She doesn't want to grow older and is losing her mind over it. Another young guy is just going to make her mental again when he eventually leaves her for a woman his own age. Then she'll be on another downward spiral.

I think Demi should leave the young men along, accept that she's getting older and find someone her own age who is mature and can help her get over her issues she's had all her life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 12:42 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,019,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Personally, I never liked Ashton. He is young but he acts like a baby. She could have done better than that or she should have stayed with Bruce.
Did she have a choice? Didn't Bruce leave her?

Old 11-30-2012, 01:51 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I wonder if her career problems could be from an attitude unwilling to accept her age and rolls related to her current age? She's not a kid anymore. She needs to accept her age and move on from there. This doesn't mean start acting like an old lady. It means to start acting like a lady.

BINGO!!!!!!!!

Old 11-30-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

it seemed to be mutual and they remained great friends. Like right away great friends and co-parenting.
I think he was good for her. They are still great friends.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:26 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,709,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
from wiki:
Bruce Willis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Regarding the divorce, Willis stated, "I felt I had failed as a father and a husband by not being able to make it work." He credited actor Will Smith for helping him cope with the situation.[4][16] After their breakup, rumors persisted that the couple planned to re-marry"

I don't know what type of relationship they had but he was no angel.
There were cheating rumors. He is also married to someone 23 years younger....

Old 11-30-2012, 08:18 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,395,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Maybe those were the only roles her acting skills qualified her for. Kind of a female Keanu Reaves.
LOL you're right. Which serious roles did she do? Ghost? My memory of her was the woman who was sorta in the "Brat Pack" but not quite.

I think she's still pretty, though. Too thin, but she has really attractive features. But honestly, no matter what, a good-looking woman is going to get old and "unattractive" inevitably. It is either people complain about her natural aging changes (wrinkles etc) or about the stuff she does to try to remain attractive.

I didn't see the point of the implants, either, but I think she had those removed.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:10 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
LOL you're right. Which serious roles did she do? Ghost? My memory of her was the woman who was sorta in the "Brat Pack" but not quite.

I think she's still pretty, though. Too thin, but she has really attractive features. But honestly, no matter what, a good-looking woman is going to get old and "unattractive" inevitably. It is either people complain about her natural aging changes (wrinkles etc) or about the stuff she does to try to remain attractive.

I didn't see the point of the implants, either, but I think she had those removed.
My first thought of her in a serious role was Delores Claiborne, but then I realized that she was barely in the movie at all. Cathy Bates carried that whole film. Ghost? Patrick and Whoopie carried that movie. Blame It On Rio, hardly there even when she was topless. The Seventh Seal was a snooze fest. GI Jane? Don't get me started on that thing!

Old 11-30-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post

I've never seen anything wrong with her acting skills. I can think of many movies she was in that proves how good she is, including "Ghost"
"A Few Good Men"
"Now and Then"
" St Elmo's Fire"
"Indecent Proposal"
"The Scarlet Letter"

Old 12-01-2012, 12:41 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I wonder if her career problems could be from an attitude unwilling to accept her age and rolls related to her current age? She's not a kid anymore. She needs to accept her age and move on from there. This doesn't mean start acting like an old lady. It means to start acting like a lady.
I think you could be right. Look at Meryl Streep - she still gets good roles. And Jessica Lange in American Horror Story - she's no spring chicken but everyone is raving about her in the show.

Demi is not a kid anymore; she's basically my age. You gotta roll with the changes.

I also don't think it wise for her to hook up with another man/boy young enough to be her son. Normally, I don't pay too much attention to that but in her case - I think it's telling of a deep insecurity about aging.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:25 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,395,056 times
I think women are living in a dreamland. If a woman gets older, men find her less attractive in general. OLDER men seem to be more apt to do this than younger ones. The age of the guy she dates is not going to make him more faithful.

I had the eye-opening experience of traveling for work as a young woman. As a wakeup call for the deluded, wrinkles and grey hair do not = fidelity. It is probably the opposite.

If she likes a younger, cuter type, then I think she should at least date someone she is attracted to. Dating someone "her age" who probably has a paunch and no hair (LOL sorry) is not a guarantee of a long-lasting relationship. She is wealthy and already has a family, I think she should date young studs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities