Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 09:47 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,440,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I guess that could be, but it seemed odd that a whole line of people sitting up front facing the congregation (and I'm not sure who those people were or why they were up there) were wearing sunglasses. I can see a few people feeling as though they want to hide red eyes from crying, although red eyes from crying are hardly odd or unexpected at a funeral service. But a whole line of them? It doesn't matter, really, I just wondered.

Still want to know who the woman with the big hat sitting just behind the pulpit was.
I know that one of the women sitting behind the pulpit was the wife of Bishop TD Jakes. Bishop TD Jakes was sitting next to Jesse Jackson.

Also, since they were videotaping/filming I can assume that the lighting was probably a bit bright as well. That along with the ability to hide emotions were the reasons for the sunglasses.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:48 PM

295 posts, read 552,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I Still want to know who the woman with the big hat sitting just behind the pulpit was.
just curious why u need 2 know who she was

Old 02-18-2012, 09:48 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,764,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAHOE GIRL View Post
who said i watched it????????????????????????????????? I was playing tennis and then had a facial and manicure

Hood and jive are not negatives and all races use these words. fact a few said i went back to the hood to pay my resprects to WH .....on the news last 2days are you saying only blacks can say it to each other and be okay better yet you dont even kow what color or nationality i am lol waz up wit dat
Actually Tahoe Girl, you're the one that's talking ghetto "waz up wit dat" You don't know Whitney Houston, you have no clue about her life, her family, you know nothing about her. I thought her funeral was beautiful and done with class. Let the woman RIP, please

Old 02-18-2012, 09:51 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,572,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I know that one of the women sitting behind the pulpit was the wife of Bishop TD Jakes.

Also, since they were videotaping/filming I can assume that the lighting was probably a bit bright as well. That along with the ability to hide emotions were the reasons for the sunglasses.
I didn't observe what you're speaking about but it doesn't seem that odd to me. I know I had shades on at one point at a close relatives funeral. For me a way to stay more inside myself and grieve in the moment and with the spirit of the person who had passed I think.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:54 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,572,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
those feeding and provoking a hateful person are responsible for keeping the hate and b.s. going.
what's up with that?
Then again Jaijai saying nothing hasn't helped either. If we can help ease her pain it's worth a shot!

Old 02-18-2012, 10:21 PM

87,984 posts, read 83,805,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAHOE GIRL View Post
just curious why u need 2 know who she was
I don't "need" to know. It's just that I spent the better part of the afternoon looking at this person and her hat and wondered who she was and why she was up there right behind the pulpit.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:22 PM

87,984 posts, read 83,805,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I know that one of the women sitting behind the pulpit was the wife of Bishop TD Jakes. Bishop TD Jakes was sitting next to Jesse Jackson.

Oh, OK, that would make sense. I heard Bishop Jakes speak. He was short and to the point, and very, very good.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:00 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,552,000 times
Well, you know the saying... Haters are goanna hate.

Btw, I just found Costner's speech on YT:

WHITNEY HOUSTON FUNERAL KEVIN COSTNER GIVES EULOGY ABOUT WHITNEY AT FUNERAL 18TH FEB 2012 - YouTube

Old 02-18-2012, 11:10 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,440,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Well, you know the saying... Haters are goanna hate.

Btw, I just found Costner's speech on YT:

WHITNEY HOUSTON FUNERAL KEVIN COSTNER GIVES EULOGY ABOUT WHITNEY AT FUNERAL 18TH FEB 2012 - YouTube
Kevin Costner seems like a man who anyone would genuinely be lucky to have on their side, no matter what.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:17 AM

5,318 posts, read 8,486,576 times
Initially I had thought this was one of those sad eventual events in the life of someone with long-term drug and alcohol problems.

But after hearing about how there were people in her hotel suite while she spent an hour in the bath tub - and that previous staff had not allowed her to take baths due to their fear that she could fall asleep while in one- I do believe this was entirely preventable.

Had those people with her in her suite that night decided to have someone sit in there while she took a bath, or told her she could not take one (given that there are reports of her seeming to be out of it in the days prior to the day she died), she would most likely be alive today.

So while it may be her fault that she was drinking and drugging, the people in her entourage I believe failed her. Its very sad that it led to her death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities