Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bobby Brown leaving Whitney's Homegoing was...
What he did was so disrespectful to his daughter, Whitney, Cissy and family 11 37.93%
He was right to leave because he felt disrespected.... 6 20.69%
I didn't even notice and who cares what Bobby Brown does.... 12 41.38%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 09:40 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times

Advertisements

My foster brother is in the recording industry in Atlanta. He knows Bobby and knew Whitney, knew them together. He swears that out of that duo, Bobby is the far nicer of the two. We are from Mass. and Bobby is also known up there to be very nice to everyone. However, I've chalked up a lot of his observations to people that are under mood-altering substances sometimes act differently than what they normally would. Still, my brother claims that Bobby is a heck of a guy and Whitney was a flaming B. Those words always stuck with me because I tended to blame Bobby for a lot of her problems.

Anyway, I still wish that Bobby would have sucked it up and not grandstanded. I suspect he was so upset that he acted out. I did feel for his son who was shown crying outside. Step-children so often get overlooked.

My heart goes out to Bobbi Kris. She has substance abuse problems of her own now. It's a shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 09:46 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
My heart goes out to Bobbi Kris. She has substance abuse problems of her own now. It's a shame.
its a choice. no need to feel sorry for any of them.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:18 AM

9,823 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Another thing i like to add is, why is everybody blaming bobby for Whitney Houston drug use?
I think that's a bigger topic,if any one wants to start a new thread about that Im In.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:56 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Another thing i like to add is, why is everybody blaming bobby for Whitney Houston drug use?
I think that's a bigger topic,if any one wants to start a new thread about that Im In.

yeah, i want to know this also.
she was no prize. i doubt he held a gun to her head. plus they were divorced so many years ago and she was still on drugs.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:24 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
OP! how was he suppose to act at the funeral?
Dude is on crack(allegedly) with like 10 kids and broke.
If i invite a broke crack head to a funeral,i kinda of expect him to act like a crack head at the funeral and nothing more!
What's your opinion on how he was supposed to act?
My opinion is that he should have acted like a MAN not a spoiled, selfish and self-centered child! He should have showed up early so he could have supported his daughter, not 20 minutes late with more people than expected, which BTW security accommodated the extra people. He's whining that security didn't allow him to see Bobbi-Kristina, I say BS! It's quite possible that she didn't want to see him because he was so late and then acted like an idiot on top of it! OR HE SHOULD HAVE NOT ATTENDED AT ALL!

BTW, I never blamed Bobby Brown for Whitney's behavior or drug abuse, I'm strictly talking about his behavior at her funeral, which IMO was totally inappropriate and immature!

Last edited by tiluha; 02-22-2012 at 01:04 PM..

Old 02-22-2012, 12:53 PM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
I do feel bad for the girl.

No matter who her Mother was, said, or did, the point is this girl no longer has a Mother, and that is the saddest thing in the world for a child to endure, trust me, my 3 sons know that feeling.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:08 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Bobby Brown Leaves Whitney's Homegoing Service...
Homegoing service? seriously? really? how absurd.

The woman is dead as a door nail and I seriously doubt if she cares one way or the other.

These memorial services are so overblown that it is absurd. I remember seeing Cher at Sonny Bono's service and she was just all about me, me, me, me.

What a waste of time. Bobby probably had better things to do.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-22-2012, 01:24 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,630,543 times
What is a "homegoing service?"

Old 02-22-2012, 01:30 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,458,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
A home going service or home going celebration is what you will most likely find in the black community.....This is were friends and family celebrate the deceased "going home" to heaven or glory, to receive their rewards.....This service is based on death being a time of rejoicing because the person is going on to a better place....It is usually held in a church, and is often very similar to a traditional church funeral service

*jacked*

Old 02-22-2012, 01:31 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
Instead of calling it a funeral service the loved ones (family and friends) will refer to it as a homegoing service...meaning Homegoing to be with God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities