Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 08:02 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times

Advertisements

Madonna on Lourdes smoking: 'She didn't get that from me' - NYPOST.com

Quote:

Madonna reveals that she "wasn't very happy" when photos surfaced showing her 15-year-old daughter, Lourdes Leon, puffing on a cigarette in March. But while the Material Mom admits "I think I need to be tougher," she also denies that her daughter could have picked up the behavior from her.[
Madge is asked about her daughter's smoking in an interview for "Rock Center with Brian Williams" to air tonight at 9 p.m..
15-YEAR-OLD LOURDES LEON CAUGHT SMOKING

When interviewer Harry Smith points out that Madonna smoked a cigarette in her newest music video, "Girl Gone Wild," the Material Mom gets defensive.
"I don't smoke. That's just an accessory, Harry. There's a difference," Madonna says, insisting that Leon was not parroting her in lighting up. "She smoked that cigarette before I did that video, so she didn't' get that from me, OK?"

While Madonna says that she "comes home and says, 'Have you done your homework?' and 'Why are you wearing that?' and 'Why did you say that?' and 'What are you eating that for?'" she also reveals that she not always able to be as hands-on a parent as she would like.

I can hear the cards of sympathy pouring in for this woman who poisoned the minds of a generation of young girls.....a woman who had parents pulling their hair out trying fight her influence in pop culture. A woman who wore her underwear on the outside..... who openly talked about free sex even "smoked" on camera.

My, my, .....how chickens do come home.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 09:53 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
15 is the age young boys and girls do these thing's. She is just in the public eye, that is all.

just because she is seen smoking in this picture, doesn't mean the girl is a pack a day smoker already. hey, who knows, (or even cares), but this doesn't mean she will become a smoker.....

be lucky it was only a cig.....

Old 04-19-2012, 08:48 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Really Madonna? We've seen you smoking plenty of times including smoking a cigar on David Letterman's show. You may not smoke "NOW" but you definitely smoked for many years.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:35 AM

475 posts, read 508,130 times
Im a hardcore Madonna fan and i can tell you that Madonna was never a heavy smoker. The times we saw her smoking was all part of show. Letterman, the erotica era (back in 1993) etc. Just look at her latest video "Girl gone wild" and you see her smoking, but that doesnt mean she smokes everyday. Its all part of the show. Like when she masturbated on stage during her "Blond Ambition Tour" in 1990, she never said or set up the example that people should do it.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:01 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Really Madonna? We've seen you smoking plenty of times including smoking a cigar on David Letterman's show. You may not smoke "NOW" but you definitely smoked for many years.

and how do you know????

I think any time we see her smoking was all for the photo or scenario.

I don't think madonna was a smoker, nor do I care.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:20 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
She's just trying to look cool like most teens that smoke. It's been happening for decades.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:14 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
and how do you know????

I think any time we see her smoking was all for the photo or scenario.

I don't think madonna was a smoker, nor do I care.
Madonna (Female Celebrity Smoking List)

Old 04-20-2012, 11:30 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Madonna on Lourdes smoking: 'She didn't get that from me' - NYPOST.com

I can hear the cards of sympathy pouring in for this woman who poisoned the minds of a generation of young girls.....a woman who had parents pulling their hair out trying fight her influence in pop culture. A woman who wore her underwear on the outside..... who openly talked about free sex even "smoked" on camera.

My, my, .....how chickens do come home.............
Yes, they do, disguised as flamboyantly plumed PEACOCKS, but underneath, yes they are chickens. Poor little thing doesn't even look as if she knows how to smoke..she's doing it for SHOCK VALUE...

Hmmm.....WONDER where she got THAT TRAIT from?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:34 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
What image are you trying to portray with that "accessory" or other "accessories" over the years?

How about the constant drug innuendo you throw out in a sad effort to reach out to a young audience?

Honestly I see no big deal here ..... teenagers do these things and just because she has a cigarette doesn't mean she's a smoker or will become one ...... there a hundred different reasons why she would go and grabe a smoke that have nothing to do with her mom

However, it is does show either a lack of honesty or insane lack of awareness from Madonna on how her product is consumed

Old 04-20-2012, 02:12 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
Im a hardcore Madonna fan and i can tell you that Madonna was never a heavy smoker. The times we saw her smoking was all part of show. Letterman, the erotica era (back in 1993) etc. Just look at her latest video "Girl gone wild" and you see her smoking, but that doesnt mean she smokes everyday. Its all part of the show. Like when she masturbated on stage during her "Blond Ambition Tour" in 1990, she never said or set up the example that people should do it.
And you expect teens with mush for brains to sift through all of that "it's just part of the show" crap?? ok.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities