Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:26 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times

Advertisements

I loved some of her earlier work. Song and videos like Borderline, Papa dont preach, Crazy for you, Like a virgin and Live to tell. Which I thought was her best song. I don't like anything from the nineties. I liked one song in the 2000 called "hung up". I will always like her since I watched her rise to fame and her eighties stuff was good. Plus I like the fact that she was famous not just for her antics, music but for those over the age of 33 she transcended teenage fashion in the mid eighties. This was the first time that I could remember any female artist being followed so closely by females themselves and more so for her "attitude and style". So for those reasons alone, I am not going to bash her too much. Noticed the words "too much"?

On the other hand. She does seem to have a knack for trying to stay in the spotlight. She dates little boys. Which tells alot about her psyche'. She's not a very good mother in my book. Doesn't raise by example and I've heard stories where she rules her house and daughter like a miniature hitler. What really made me laugh was when she was living in London and in an interview she tried to sound like she was from there. I was like what are you doing..you crazy b tch! You're from Michigan for crying out loud...I don't know. I will always have some respect for her. I don't think she is ugly. Give her credit, she has stayed in shape throughout the years. Perhaps just her narcissim and vanity at work. But she could have let herself go. Dating little boys is pretty creepy. What mentally do they have in common?

So there is so much not to like about her and I can understand that. However, as someone who watched her from the beginning, I guess I will always hold some love for her. She was never "super hot" looking, but she was always sexy.
In the eighties I was more into her sex appeal by far than Cyndi Lauper. Cyndi Lauper (and she has said this) just seemed so strange. However, as the years have gone on, I like Cyndi better not just for her looks (which I can appreciate better now) but for her kindness and spirit. She seems the opposite of the rape your fans at a concert and not give two sh*ts about them like Madonna does. I liked both their songs in the eighties. I probably give the slight edge to Madonna for that song LIve to tell. But now she does just seem to be hanging on to whatever time of relevence she has left. And it is pretty sad!

I think in the end you have to be older to fully understand what she has done and really appreciate her. For those who are pretty young, I can understand how she would mean nothing or even seem "pathetic" to you. But she was like her or not a big staple of the eighties which was my youth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 03:39 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,270,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Because she's a mother.

What she did before than was crazy, but I guess acceptable. However, now that she's a mom. You'd think she be better behaved and setting good examples for her children down the road.

Here we now have her oldest smoking cigarettes and the child is only like 15.

If this woman is able; she'll be 80 still pulling these stunts.
The woman used to do cartwheels in the hallway at her Catholic elementary school just so the boys could see her underwear. In her mind she has turned out alright, so why would you assume that she would feel like she was embarassing her daughter by pulling crap like this?

In her mind, like many celebrities, right and wrong is defined by what she wants. She's a slutty ho-bag who managed to maintain her popularity by flaunting her slutty ho-bag image when she reached the stage of her career that fans start to lose interest in pop stars and believes that the key to staying relevant at age 53 is to continue to perpetrate her slutty ho-bag image.

Again, I'm not in favor of this sort of thing at all - frankly I'm not if favor of Madonna at all - but the only thing she could do at this point that would surprise me is behave with some grace and dignity.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:07 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I loved some of her earlier work. Song and videos like Borderline, Papa dont preach, Crazy for you, Like a virgin and Live to tell. Which I thought was her best song. I don't like anything from the nineties. I liked one song in the 2000 called "hung up". I will always like her since I watched her rise to fame and her eighties stuff was good. Plus I like the fact that she was famous not just for her antics, music but for those over the age of 33 she transcended teenage fashion in the mid eighties. This was the first time that I could remember any female artist being followed so closely by females themselves and more so for her "attitude and style". So for those reasons alone, I am not going to bash her too much. Noticed the words "too much"?

On the other hand. She does seem to have a knack for trying to stay in the spotlight. She dates little boys. Which tells alot about her psyche'. She's not a very good mother in my book. Doesn't raise by example and I've heard stories where she rules her house and daughter like a miniature hitler. What really made me laugh was when she was living in London and in an interview she tried to sound like she was from there. I was like what are you doing..you crazy b tch! You're from Michigan for crying out loud...I don't know. I will always have some respect for her. I don't think she is ugly. Give her credit, she has stayed in shape throughout the years. Perhaps just her narcissim and vanity at work. But she could have let herself go. Dating little boys is pretty creepy. What mentally do they have in common?

So there is so much not to like about her and I can understand that. However, as someone who watched her from the beginning, I guess I will always hold some love for her. She was never "super hot" looking, but she was always sexy.
In the eighties I was more into her sex appeal by far than Cyndi Lauper. Cyndi Lauper (and she has said this) just seemed so strange. However, as the years have gone on, I like Cyndi better not just for her looks (which I can appreciate better now) but for her kindness and spirit. She seems the opposite of the rape your fans at a concert and not give two sh*ts about them like Madonna does. I liked both their songs in the eighties. I probably give the slight edge to Madonna for that song LIve to tell. But now she does just seem to be hanging on to whatever time of relevence she has left. And it is pretty sad!

I think in the end you have to be older to fully understand what she has done and really appreciate her. For those who are pretty young, I can understand how she would mean nothing or even seem "pathetic" to you. But she was like her or not a big staple of the eighties which was my youth.
Similar thoughts. She certainly paved the way in some respects, between MJ & Madonna no one was even close in the 80's. However, times up. Time to grow up, time to act like a 50-something year old woman.

Nothing more pathetic than an older person (woman), acting like an immature teen, I've seen this elsewhere, and its truly embarrassing.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:11 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,492,787 times
Just look at how many posts there are about this "incident."

Madonna is if anything a true pioneer about how to manipulate the media and the public. Even if you absolutely hate her ... you are still TALKING about her!

Which was absolutely 100% the intention.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:47 PM

144 posts, read 158,845 times
Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Thank you for pointing that out. I enjoy that she still has her legion of fans and the millions that depise her. After 30 yrs she continues to manipulate. Good for her

Old 06-21-2012, 01:17 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,270,240 times
I just want to make it perfectly clear that I love all female karaoke singers.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:24 AM

475 posts, read 508,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Similar thoughts. She certainly paved the way in some respects, between MJ & Madonna no one was even close in the 80's. However, times up. Time to grow up, time to act like a 50-something year old woman.

Nothing more pathetic than an older person (woman), acting like an immature teen, I've seen this elsewhere, and its truly embarrassing.

ON AGEISM: Madonna at 34, defending her future 53+ yr old self - YouTube

Old 06-23-2012, 09:45 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
[quote=duster1979;24831926]The woman used to do cartwheels in the hallway at her Catholic elementary school just so the boys could see her underwear. In her mind she has turned out alright, so why would you assume that she would feel like she was embarassing her daughter by pulling crap like this?

In her mind, like many celebrities, right and wrong is defined by what she wants. She's a slutty ho-bag who managed to maintain her popularity by flaunting her slutty ho-bag image when she reached the stage of her career that fans start to lose interest in pop stars and believes that the key to staying relevant at age 53 is to continue to perpetrate her slutty ho-bag image.

Again, I'm not in favor of this sort of thing at all - frankly I'm not if favor of Madonna at all - but the only thing she could do at this point that would surprise me is behave with some grace and dignity.[/quote]

Yes, behaving with grace and dignity would surely impress me. I did like some of her earlier music - way back when - and I admire her ability to stay in the spotlight.

BUT - time to grow up Madonna. I don't think it's appropriate to be flashing your nipple when you are supposed to be setting an example for your teen-age daughter.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:59 AM

144 posts, read 158,845 times
Keep doing what you do Madonna, please just don't become fat and boring. Then society has won

Old 06-23-2012, 02:55 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
It's about as stupid as her put on fake British accent.
I bet her ex-husband ( a Brit himself) wanted to puke everytime he heard her using it in interviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities