Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 05:42 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,727,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
As a Christian, I wouldn't even consider attending a church which wasn't gay supportive.

I'm such a big fan of Carrie's and I'm so glad to see she feels this way.
I really give her a lot of credit. It is not popular in the Christian culture to be for gay marriage, even moreso country music. I'm not a fan of country but Carrie earned a lot of respect from me.

This article gives some very interesting comments about Carrie's support.

Carrie Underwood Gay Marriage Support Sparks Heated Debate - The Boot

These were my favorites.

Quote:
"It's good to see a Christian actually practicing the love of Christ. Thank you." -- Jason
Quote:
"Carrie is just one of many people who understand that love, compassion and support is what Christ came to earth to preach. Unless people want to start living their entire lives based on laws of the land thousands of years ago, you are going to have to accept that gay people are just like everybody else. And Christ will be accepting them into heaven. The only question is, what will you have to say to him when you get there?" -- marshlmusc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 03:26 PM

468 posts, read 785,994 times
The buzzwords "marriage equality" are BS. Would you call a marriage filled with abuse and adultery equal to one that is rock-solid and filled with mutual love?

It's just like when abortion advocates started calling abortion "choice" - they made something radical sound like something as pleasant and normal as a Sunday drive!

Carrie's been around Hollywood too long!

Old 06-18-2012, 03:32 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,260,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Beautiful Carrie Underwood supports Marriage Equality
So her opinion carries more weight because she's beautiful? The feelings of ugly or maginally attractive people are somehow less legitimate?

Pathetic.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:47 PM

8,305 posts, read 13,439,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
So her opinion carries more weight because she's beautiful? The feelings of ugly or maginally attractive people are somehow less legitimate?

Pathetic.
Seriously! Why the adjective "beautiful" is even in the title? People's aw and fascination with looks is downright disgusting.

Besides, I don't even find her beautiful.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:58 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,652,923 times
Quote:

Pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Seriously! Why the adjective "beautiful" is even in the title? People's aw and fascination with looks is downright disgusting.

Besides, I don't even find her beautiful.
Wow. If someone can't read the word and description "beautiful" without thinking it's an insult, that says more about their self-esteem issues than the OP.

I think she's beautiful, because of her willingness to take a stand and speak out.

The use of the word 'beautiful' doesn't imply that anything carries more weight, or that anyone is fascinated by looks. You are reading stuff into words that isn't there.

I apologize for being thoughtful and considered in my opinion, I see that's not a hallmark of the "celebrity" forum. Thought I'd give it a try.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:16 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,260,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
The use of the word 'beautiful' doesn't imply that anything carries more weight, or that anyone is fascinated by looks. You are reading stuff into words that isn't there.
Or maybe you're not reading stuff that actually is there.

If the OP wants to come back and support his or her choice of words, fine. But your opinion of my opinion of a statement made by a third party is irrelevant.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:43 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,675,499 times
who gives a crap!

Old 06-19-2012, 10:48 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,624,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
She can't call herself a true Christian if she supports homosexuality and same-sex marriage. The Bible very clearly says it's an abomination. She also can't just twist the Bible around to fit in with Hollywood's "standards". That goes to you too GloryB.

Should churches become adultery-supportive? Cheating-supportive? Or supportive of premarital sex? Stealing supportive?
So all of the supposedly true Christians who are getting divorces or having pre-marital sex should not be considered true Christians, either, then, right? After all those things are considered to be just as evil in the Bible.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:36 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,995,631 times
Quote:

Pathetic.
No, when I said "beautiful", I was really thinking "beautiful in heart and spirit"- sorry if it came out the other way which is not what I meant.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:55 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,241,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
No, when I said "beautiful", I was really thinking "beautiful in heart and spirit"- sorry if it came out the other way which is not what I meant.
Sure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities