Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 03:07 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,491,643 times

Advertisements

I believe Matt Lauer negotiated a huge contract right before Curry came on board; I don't think he's going anywhere.

I like Ann Curry too -- she's a fine, able and intelligent reporter. But there is no chemistry berween the two of them on that show. It's simply isn't fun to watch. And Lauer predates her, so the blame is considered hers.

She is going to get a huge payoff - something like $10 million, plus there will be huge sympathy from the pubilc (because she is so likeable and most everyone is sort of outraged about it). Sympathy from the public = more jobs for Ann Curry.

I predict she will come out of this just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 04:49 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
I love Ann Curry. She is really classy and goregous. She will land on her feet in good time.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:10 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,724,071 times
I like her but not her views...when she conduct a political interview she is very biased and I believe that is costing her to have to leave...

The Today is losing viewers to Good Morning America and even Matt Lauer is not a biased when it come to politics as he was 3 years ago and that is very smart...people want to get objective interviews and not like Ann Curry has been doing ...being nice to a lefty and be very harsh to a person on the right or who she doesn't agree with personally.

I liked it when she took over and thought she deserved it but now I'm glad she is leaving and it is not that I don't like the person...just the way she conduct herself in interviews.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:15 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,779,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I rarely got to watch 'Today', but when I did, I always enjoyed seeing Ann Curry. To me, she is one of themost attractive women on TV. Extremely beautiful, talented, intelligence, poised, just full of all-around class. Hard to believe thos idiot Execs have made such a stupid decision. Hopefully, they boot that aging Matt Lauer off as well. Curry belongs, he doesn't. Damn shame. I hope she gets something better. I'd like to see her move here to the San Francisco area.

Report: 'Today' to drop Ann Curry - MSN TV News
I love Ann Curry, they're such idiots, why would they drop her????

Old 06-29-2012, 09:08 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I love Ann Curry, they're such idiots, why would they drop her????
The majority didn't like her and I'm with the majority...lol...nothing personal though because I believe she is smart, and a nice lady but I didn't like the way she is/was conducting interviews ...

Being biased is not what people like...who cares about her opinion, a good interviewer tries to get the best information without letting the public know their personal views, UNLESS you are clearly stating that you are a member of a party and conducting an interview related to that.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:26 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
I don't know why anyone would gloat over something like this. She seems like a nice person and even though I never watch any morning television, I did see her farewell interview and felt sorry for her. She appeared to ba a lovely woman.
Why would anyone be happy over her misfortune?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-29-2012, 11:42 PM

652 posts, read 1,052,386 times
Savannah Guthrie seems so awkward...not sure how much longer I'll tune into this show.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:25 AM

670 posts, read 1,172,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur66 View Post
Savannah Guthrie seems so awkward...not sure how much longer I'll tune into this show.
Agreed. She's an intelligent woman and knows her stuff but I don't like her as a co-host. Why did they pass over Natalie? I don't understand that decision at all. She's got it all - brains, personality, beauty.
As for Ann, I never cared for her as co-host. She was not the right person for the job. She gave it a shot, it didn't work out. I am having difficulty mustering up much sympathy for someone who still has a job and is/will be making millions $$$.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:32 AM

18,042 posts, read 15,639,191 times
Guys, Ann Curry is not gone from NBC! She has a new contract, is being given a 7 person staff, and will cover any national or international story she wants. Those stories will air on any number of NBC news shows. She is not going to ABC, she is not going to appear on GMA. She is still an NBC employee.

That said, the way NBC handled her transition was terrible. Instead of sitting her down and telling her "this is not working, with you as co-host, let's figure out something else.." they kept it all from her while they tried to figure out how to get rid of her. Then the media leaks from someone at NBC. Just tacky.

As for why Natalie was passed over here's the info about that (note: might be a rumor, might not be):

Supposedly Natalie Morales and Matt Lauer had an affair of some duration starting at the 2006 Olympics in Italy. When news of this affair got back to Lauer's wife she filed for divorce. They worked through it, more or less, but rumor has it the affair continued. Some speculate that Natalie's youngest son was actually fathered by Lauer. Allegedly as this whole Ann Curry thing went down, Mrs. Lauer told her husband if he advocates for Natalie Morales to be the new co-host, she will divorce him, as that is more than she can take.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:29 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Guys, Ann Curry is not gone from NBC! She has a new contract, is being given a 7 person staff, and will cover any national or international story she wants. Those stories will air on any number of NBC news shows. She is not going to ABC, she is not going to appear on GMA. She is still an NBC employee.

That said, the way NBC handled her transition was terrible. Instead of sitting her down and telling her "this is not working, with you as co-host, let's figure out something else.." they kept it all from her while they tried to figure out how to get rid of her. Then the media leaks from someone at NBC. Just tacky.

As for why Natalie was passed over here's the info about that (note: might be a rumor, might not be):

Supposedly Natalie Morales and Matt Lauer had an affair of some duration starting at the 2006 Olympics in Italy. When news of this affair got back to Lauer's wife she filed for divorce. They worked through it, more or less, but rumor has it the affair continued. Some speculate that Natalie's youngest son was actually fathered by Lauer. Allegedly as this whole Ann Curry thing went down, Mrs. Lauer told her husband if he advocates for Natalie Morales to be the new co-host, she will divorce him, as that is more than she can take.
Wow. And I didn't think it was possible for me to think even less of M Lauer.

How was it I saw him described once - as coming across both 'smug and impotent' at the same time.

Perfect description if you ask me. The Today show will no longer be my dose of morning drivel!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities