Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 02:27 PM

777 posts, read 1,336,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I guess so...who did expect them to stay together anyway? Not me...Hollywood marriages are often for the career opportunities and media exposure.

BUT to make it a divorce from hell is not going to help her...IMO.

His lawyers will have a field trip with this.
Well, I disagree. I don't think the majority of celebs get married for the job or media. It just seems that way b/c the media is all over their lives like flies on poop. If there was a news update for every normal American couple that got married, and then when one got divorced, it would probably show just as many divorces occurring over the shallowest reasons.

Getting married too soon after meeting someone, is frankly, the most common reason to a divorce. You just don't see the person for who they really are within one or two years together. However, THAT does seem to be a trend in celebrity marriages - sudden marriages - but, yea, I wouldn't go as far as saying they do it for attention. The attention is inevitable. and many of them, like many Americans, give up easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 02:28 PM

777 posts, read 1,336,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
A great Suri blog - its pretty funny -you have to admit, this is one cute, very well-dressed girl.
Haha; Suri is like, seriously, the cutest kid I have ever seen. If anything, at least Katie got a great gene pool to make a child from. Haha.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:12 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,241,571 times
Quote:
A great Suri blog - its pretty funny -you have to admit, this is one cute, very well-dressed girl.
That is hilarious!

Old 07-04-2012, 03:31 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaundercover View Post
Ya know, it WAS an obvious "you're kidding me" when they got married nearly a year after dating. Especially since Katie was in a 5+ year relationship that she ended just before dating Tom. Tom was a rebound; and she was blinded by who he really was.

Unfortunately, I'm a bit disappointed they wouldn't go see a therapist or something and work it out. Instead, she just simply decided he's too demanding and controlling, and called it the end.

But hey, five years is pretty good compared to a lot of marriages.
They CAN'T go see a therapist. Scientology doesn't allow it.

I agree she was swept up in a love fantasy an probably rebounding when she got together with Tom. And immediately getting pregnant probably just pushed things along even faster than they would have gone. Sometimes people want something so much they take a leap of faith. Signing prenups (contracts) is the norm when money and fame is involved so it might not have set off too many red flags. Even agreeing to convert to a spouses religion isn't usually an odd thing to do since most people aren't that zealous about their faith and want it done "in name only", and Scientology isn't THAT kind of religion anyway. If she didn't know anything about it beyond the Celebrity Center and self-help Dyanetics stuff she may not have have been overly concerned. Everyone thinks marriage and day to day life is going to be them and their partner....not them and their partner and a mind controlling cult. Maybe she should have seen it coming but most people don't, that's a fact, which is how cults continue to thirve even though we all know the signs.

Last edited by Ceece; 07-04-2012 at 03:41 PM..

Old 07-04-2012, 03:49 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,223,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What is ashe after...there is 3 million per year for every year married which is 15 million...Not bad since she didn't have to pay for anything...than on top a monthly child care amount that is probable covering a lot of her expenses too and not for an average amount that others will receive but probable something like $ 100K a month...and she will claim she need security around the clock, a driver, etc...

Sure it is not about the money, after she knew from the start that he was involved with Scientology than any normal person will do and per all the info coming out she didn't like it at all bgut signed for certain things that hardly any one with common sense will sign for, unless your star struck and/or money struck.
I thought you meant she was going after him for more money, my mistake. Yeah well, it was a contract, I didn't believe it was a conventional marriage, more like a business transaction. I do think Katy used the cult to try and advance her career in Hollywood.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:58 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
I thought you meant she was going after him for more money, my mistake. Yeah well, it was a contract, I didn't believe it was a conventional marriage, more like a business transaction. I do think Katy used the cult to try and advance her career in Hollywood.

just curious......how would the cult advance her career?

Old 07-04-2012, 04:08 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,241,571 times
Quote:
-double post-

Old 07-04-2012, 04:12 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times
Marriage is meaningless now...forget about "Gay Marriage"....no one stays married any longer. I am surprised it lasted this long.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:27 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,485,655 times
Emergency custody meeting for July 17:

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes prepare to come face to face in court as they set a date for custody hearing | Mail Online

It looks like things may be progressing a little faster then originally planned.

It's it my imagination or does Suri seem a little more clingy and afraid then your average 6 year old. It may reflect some dysfunction in her homelife. Tom may be scary to live with. I hope Katie can get custody. She's a "hands on" mom. If Tom gets custody he will hire probably hire nannies with his crazy work schedule or send her away on that boat.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:52 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
Emergency custody meeting for July 17:

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes prepare to come face to face in court as they set a date for custody hearing | Mail Online

It looks like things may be progressing a little faster then originally planned.

It's it my imagination or does Suri seem a little more clingy and afraid then your average 6 year old. It may reflect some dysfunction in her homelife. Tom may be scary to live with. I hope Katie can get custody. She's a "hands on" mom. If Tom gets custody he will hire probably hire nannies with his crazy work schedule or send her away on that boat.
Tom Cruise Divorce: Katie Holmes Not Seeking Hearing, Lawyer Says : People.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities