Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:14 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
She looks much larger than me in that pic, and as I said, I fill out a size 14. I wore a size 10 back when I only weighed 130 lbs, and I am over 5' 8" tall. It must be designer vanity sizes, like someone said, but not us regular department store shoppers.
Well not to me. She's 5'5", height makes a big difference with how pants sizes look. Looking again, I would say more like a 12 than a 10. I don't believe celebrities when they announce their height and weight though, I'm sure they always "vanity size" it like Kirstie Alley.

An 18 at 5'5" would be quite a bit wider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 01:35 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Well, I will concede that Paula Deen may be wearing clothes with a "size 10" label in them. So in her world, I guess that is her size. In MY world, and most of the rest of us here she'd be wearing a few sizes larger. I would love to challenge her to fit into my size 14 jeans.

Anyway, good luck to Paula, she is certainly looking a lot better and healthier at a lower weight these days.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:26 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
You know, knowing the way people market themselves today, what a great idea for her, and I'm sure her PR people will tell her to do just that.

The high cholesterol diet that she had been marketing for all of these years came back and bit her in the a$$. She can't very well continue pushing those foods to the public, who will feel a grim reminder of what such a diet can do every time she deep fries a cheesecake or loads four sticks of butter into cake.

Her people will have her continue to hawk down home Southern foods - but made in a healthy manner.

Actually, I don't think the American public is as guilty as Ms Dean , who thought that this was OK to eat like Henry the Eighth 24/7! These were rich holiday meals Not everyday dinners.

At any rate, I am glad that she has changed her ways, and my guess is that she'll go back to hawking food - but less dangerous fare.

And perhaps it might be a good time to remove her name from a brand of ham. It's a little cheesy.
She deep fried a cheesecake?

Old 07-21-2012, 11:29 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Yeah, Kirstie also claimed to be a size 2 at one point. She is my height, and the thinnest I ever weighed (as a teen) was 120, and my waist was maybe 24 at that point.
No kidding. I saw her in an interview saying she's a size 6, and thought to myself...she does know we can see her, right? And a 20 inch waist? Thigh maybe!

As for Paula Deen, I hope they fire her from food network. She was actually on the cover of Prevention magazine. I will never buy another copy again.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:48 AM

260 posts, read 473,134 times
On that cover she def looks 10-12 to me.
I'm not American but I've seen her on youtube and I think she's a character. Her recipes were fun to watch, would never make them though.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:53 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,529 times
Am I the only one who think she looks odd?

So she loses a bunch of weight and the mag-people decided to put her in an oversize shirt? ... Okay.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:32 PM

830 posts, read 1,728,721 times
Good for her for taking charge of her health after the diabetes diagnosis.
Maybe we can thank some of the public uproar after her diagnosis (for having her unhealthy show and selling diabetes meds) for her having this awakening.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:59 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
Of course her photos are airbrushed. Even skinny cover girls have their photos touched up so you KNOW they are gonna mess with Paula's photos.

Also the more expensive your clothes are, the smaller the sizes. You can have a $40 retail top which is a size 14. But the same "designer" top which costs $180 will automatically be a size 10. After all rich women aren't going to buy larger sizes without some concession to their status. It has always worked that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities