U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 07:24 PM

54 posts, read 42,138 times

Advertisements

The Billboard Box Score earnings have just been posted and it shows what we have all come to expect: Madonna is still the Queen of Pop, at least in terms of performing.

Lady Gaga has the top concert gross of the week with her four shows in Australia. However, Madonna dominates most of the other positions in the top 10 and she obtained those positions with one or two shows. Lady Gaga is still mostly an arena artist where Madonna is a veteran artist who plays big stadiums. Still, both artists show that the touring business is still going strong and that their fans will pay a lot of money for tickets.

In other Madonna news, her top ten single "Give Me All Your Lovin'" has been certified Gold by the RIAA in the US for selling more than 500,000 copies. The album MDNA, which her detractors call a "flop," is currently the fifth biggest selling album of the year in terms of international sales. Looks like 2012 will be a very profitable year for the Queen of Pop!

Madonna grosses $150 million with just 14 concerts - San Diego Music | Examiner.com

Ok, start hating her now
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 07:59 PM

14,089 posts, read 25,164,864 times
Wow, amazing how many idiots have disposable income.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:07 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,829,663 times
Good for them ! lol !

Justin Bieber, and Taylor Swift are also top highest earners I hear - Taylor is right under Oprah. Amazing, and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO damn young !!!! What do you do with money like that at such a young age ?? HA HA HA !

Old 07-14-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
And that's only with 14 shows, at the end of the tour (86 shows) she will earn more than $400 million.
A lof of idiots, right ?

Old 07-14-2012, 11:17 PM

7,237 posts, read 11,559,754 times
Quote:
Priorities! Priorities! Priorities!

Old 07-14-2012, 11:38 PM

11,431 posts, read 17,333,585 times
Quote:

I don't agree with you on much, but you certainly have that much right.

Lady Gaga has the top concert gross of the week with her four shows in Australia. However, Madonna dominates most of the other positions in the top 10 and she obtained those positions with one or two shows. Lady Gaga is still mostly an arena artist where Madonna is a veteran artist who plays big stadiums. Still, both artists show that the touring business is still going strong and that their fans will pay a lot of money for tickets.

Those two are working their gay fans "to the death" to afford to purchase their overpriced tickets!!

There will always be stupid ppl out there who will slavishly and foolishly spend their $$ to see this old hag. The youngsters' music sucks so much that even watching madonna is a "step up" from the krap that they listen to. The foreigners will fawn at anything that is "American". That's why so many American-made flop movies perform so well overseas.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
The foreigners will fawn at anything that is "American".
Let me remind you that Madonna not only is doing very good in other countries but in here in the US as well. Every city around the country is completely sold out or almost sold out.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:05 AM

9,270 posts, read 18,271,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madonnafan View Post
Madonna grosses out 150 million...
Interesting. I would have thought the number would be higher.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:38 AM

9,866 posts, read 19,748,305 times
Its amazing how many people spend money on expensive tickets. I like madonnas old music but i wouldnt go see her in concert.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:15 PM

3,785 posts, read 4,391,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Its amazing how many people spend money on expensive tickets. I like madonnas old music but i wouldnt go see her in concert.
I DID see Madonna's Who's That Girl world tour. The movie absolutely sucked but her concert was pretty successful. I saw it at Texas Stadium in Dallas in the summer of 87 (I think)...and as much as I LOVED her then, I would never see her now. She wasn't that great live...oh, her dancing was great and the experience was pretty darn cool, but she has never been a strong singer. I just can't imagine spending all that cash for her today...good for her but maybe since she has more money than God, she could drop her prices...alas...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities