Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 11:48 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Remember the question being addressed in an MJ interview. 'Blanket' as in blessings. I believe his legal name is Prince Michael II.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I thought the 'Blanket' nickname came from when Michael Jackson came out onto that hotel balcony to show him to fans, but had him covered in a blanket.

it doesn't matter!!! Give the kid another nickname or a real name for the love of God!!!!!
He's already gonna be screwed up coming from that family.

(Just screwing around kidding you both)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 02:20 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
A message from Prince:

I would first like to start off this tweet by thanking the fans that have always stood by me and my family, my dad really appreciated your support and I still treasure it to this day. As I am sure everyone is well aware of the events that have been going on. I have not been backing up my sister and her tweets avidly because I was waiting for the time to reveal my side. As long as I can remember my dad had repeatedly warned me of certain people and their ways. Although I am happy my grandma was returned, after speaking with her I realized how misguided and how badly she was lied to. I’m really angry and hurt. The following image is of a group chat I had started to several family members. This group text message I had initially sent was replied to but they didn’t know that I could see the responses. For this whole time, we were denied contact to our grandmother. “If you continue with your lies I will continue with the truth”

-Michael Jackson Jr.

Notice it's "Auntie Rebbie"... then "Janet Jackson". That says volume...

(ETA: in Prince's snapshot of the Group MMS)

Old 07-27-2012, 02:42 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Notice it's "Auntie Rebbie"... then "Janet Jackson". That says volume...

(ETA: in Prince's snapshot of the Group MMS)

yea,noticed that.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:31 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Again, their names are not both Prince Michael. Their legal names are Michael jr, Paris and Prince. I've heard much crazier names for celebrity kids.

no, I believe you are wrong, they are both named Prince Michael, that is why the little one has the nickname.

but anyway, who cares. they are of no importance to me what so ever.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:24 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,649,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
no, I believe you are wrong, they are both named Prince Michael, that is why the little one has the nickname.
Michael's oldest son is named Michael Joseph Jackson Jr. I read somewhere that since Michael Jackson was considered the King of Pop, he called his eldest son by the nickname of Prince, because every King needs a Prince. At this point, Blanket had not been born. But when Blanket was born several years later, the name Prince was formally given to him. It is a family name. He later received the nickname Blanket.

I've read that the family calls the eldest Michael and the youngest Prince. So it may be the media and the public who consistently calls him Blanket.

That is my understanding.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:46 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,649,653 times
TMZ is reporting that Katherine has had a change of heart and now wants to share guardianship of MJ's kids with TJ. PPB are all in agreement. Sounds like the best outcome. Katherine won't be so overwhelmed and TJ has already been sharing the responsibilities. And if anything happens to Katherine, TJ would probably get full guardianship.

Perhaps Katherine and family members have realized that if TJ is given sole guardianship, she/they will lose their meal ticket. If Katherine shares, then she gets to keep the allowance. Just sayin'.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:06 AM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Michael's oldest son is named Michael Joseph Jackson Jr. I read somewhere that since Michael Jackson was considered the King of Pop, he called his eldest son by the nickname of Prince, because every King needs a Prince. At this point, Blanket had not been born. But when Blanket was born several years later, the name Prince was formally given to him. It is a family name. He later received the nickname Blanket.

I've read that the family calls the eldest Michael and the youngest Prince. So it may be the media and the public who consistently calls him Blanket.

That is my understanding.
Prince is a family name, Katherine's father and grandfather were both called Prince so I think that is part of the reason why MJ chose it. The other names of Michael's children are all family names as well (Michael, Katherine, Joseph) Paris is the only exception.

Some people call Michael's oldest child Prince, some call him Michael and some call him Prince Michael. Some fans call him Junior

Last edited by LindavG; 07-27-2012 at 11:14 AM..

Old 07-27-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

but anyway, who cares. they are of no importance to me what so ever.
No, I am certain that I'm correct. Michael jr, Paris and Prince are their legal names Look at the way Prince signed his Twitter statement, it says Michael Jackson jr. Surely Prince knows his own name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
TMZ is reporting that Katherine has had a change of heart and now wants to share guardianship of MJ's kids with TJ. PPB are all in agreement. Sounds like the best outcome. Katherine won't be so overwhelmed and TJ has already been sharing the responsibilities. And if anything happens to Katherine, TJ would probably get full guardianship.

Perhaps Katherine and family members have realized that if TJ is given sole guardianship, she/they will lose their meal ticket. If Katherine shares, then she gets to keep the allowance. Just sayin'.
That's probably the best solution for everyone. So are TJ and his wife and kids moving in with them?

Old 07-27-2012, 11:16 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
It will be interesting to see what happens when the kids are old enough to start getting the money directly. Things will start getting real crazy then.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
It will be interesting to see what happens when the kids are old enough to start getting the money directly. Things will start getting real crazy then.
They're getting the money in incremental steps, they won't have full access to it until they are in their 30s I believe. Hopefully the family will be too old to care about money at that point but if Joe is anything to go by....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities