Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 03:04 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,497,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I don't think it's the braids. You know that a lot of men get that receding hair line.
It's a know fact that if wear tight braids like Stevie (for decades) it causes the hair to recede.

Quote:
Quote:
Can wearing cornrows cause your hair to recede over time? - Yahoo! Answers

Yes, it's called Traction Apolecia. This usually happens when the braids are so tight that it's breaking off your hair. At it's worse, the tight braids will pull the hair out of your follicles, leaving you with permanent bald spots. Never wear tight braids, and especially don't wear them over a long period of time. I've heard of one woman who constantly worse tight braids and had traction apolecia. She saw a doctor about it and she was told it that it was so bad that her hair would never grow back in some spots, because the tight hairstyle had pulled her hair out from the follicle. Many black women tend to get traction apolecia because they're wearing tight extension braids for long periods of time. If your braids are loose, you won't have much of a problem, but you still need to give your hair a rest from the braids.

Find another hairstyle for now, and leave the braids alone. Your hairline might grow back, but you'll have to stop wearing the tight braids, and other tight hairstyles that pull at your scalp.
  • 2 years ago

Stevie has worn nothing else since the 80's.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 03:49 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,767,090 times
Quote:
Sorry to hear that. "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours" doesn't cause you move to the groove?

Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours (HD) - YouTube
Maybe just signed, sealed and delivered.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:45 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,556,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
It's a know fact that if wear tight braids like Stevie (for decades) it causes the hair to recede.

Interesting. I didn't wear them for decades but I wore them often and were very tight. It always helped my hair grow more.

Thanks.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:24 PM

9,612 posts, read 21,153,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

You mean he's a full-time nudist?

Old 08-14-2012, 09:16 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,497,815 times
Quote:
Interesting. I didn't wear them for decades but I wore them often and were very tight. It always helped my hair grow more.

Thanks.

You're welcome!

Big difference between "often" and "decades". You at least took them down and released the tension on your folicals. This is the only style Stevie has wore since the 80's!! The "pulled-back" style, at that.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:03 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,406,452 times
He blames it on superstition...says the writing was on the wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities