Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 09:50 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,324,790 times

Advertisements

I'm with PippySkiddles and D. Scott, he should have been included, you can't ignore the years he hosted that show. He probably said he wasn't bothered by being ignored so to not give them the satisfaction but he made that show what it was for years and years. Jack**s or not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 07:13 AM

407 posts, read 829,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Get into some trouble with women on the show some years back? I just recalled this and maybe this is a factor.
Several women have come forth saying he groped and fondled them

Old 09-17-2012, 10:56 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Maybe he wasn't invited to the special because they wanted to wrap up production in less than a week! During the last season or two he actually hosted Price is Right, he had become seriously forgetful, and there were many more takes necessary to complete the show than there had been before.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:55 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
I am waiting for TMZ news that will read "Bob Barker has been seen purchasing firearms at various local gun shops...."

Old 09-20-2012, 07:22 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,737,180 times
That show has taken a nose dive (in terms of How I've known The Price is Right during Bob Barker's and Mark Goodson's/Bill Todman's tenure) since Michael Richards took over as producer.

I don't even watch it any more.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:37 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
That show has taken a nose dive (in terms of How I've known The Price is Right during Bob Barker's and Mark Goodson's/Bill Todman's tenure) since Michael Richards took over as producer.

I don't even watch it any more.
Oh yeah, they were so good,...except for all the sexual harassment and abuse.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:36 PM

1,436 posts, read 1,881,741 times
I find it rude not to invite someone who made the show what it is today.

I must admit, I cried my eyes out back in 2007,

Old 09-22-2012, 11:52 AM

3,320 posts, read 4,127,286 times
It's a shame they did not have Bob pop in for the 40th anniversary special, or for that matter, make occasional regular appearances. They have other guest stars pop in for whole shows, but nothing for Bob. He could boost ratings more than any others they could get, why not use him once in a while ? I doubt it has anything to do with the models, after all, Bob is over 80 and any of those models could groin kick him down in no time flat. I also thought it was sad that Bob never got to give away a million bucks on any of the night time PIR shows, EVER, but Drew did it half a dozen times. That's BS !

Having watched the old PIR reruns on GSN before 2000, I remember what a disgustingly rotten job GSN did with the editing. Every episode was hacked up bad, they would cut off Bob in mid sentence and cut to commercial, come back from commercial and cut out part of the next sequence. This went on for quite a while and I'm sure that's why Bob or CBS pulled the plug. GSN never made serious errors like that with the other game shows they aired at that time. They used to show full closing credits on other shows, and it added greatly to the entertinment value, such as Match Game, Newlywed Game, Pyramid. They don't do that anymore and it makes me sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities