Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 05:36 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Uh, Eva Mendes and Diane Lane are both far bigger stars than Zoe Saldana.

Eva Mendes?? C List....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 03:51 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,604,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Okay....I'm not trying to come of pullin' the race card.....But what is it with this Salanada woman and her always being paired with white men in movies?? It seems that at least 90 percent of her films
have her with white guys...........
I don't see the problem. She dates white men in real life so why can't she do it on screen? I don't think she's being paired with white men for shock value, at least.

Quote:
I think Hollywood is a little more excepting of this kind of pairing.....Especially with the A List black hotties....
Maybe you don't see a lot of sex scenes between black actors and white actresses in the mainstream media, but I think they are more commonly paired together romantically than black actresses and white actors.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:00 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
Quote:

Okay....I'm not trying to come of pullin' the race card.....But what is it with this Salanada woman and her always being paired with white men in movies?? It seems that at least 90 percent of her films
have her with white guys...........

I think Hollywood is a little more excepting of this kind of pairing.....Especially with the A List black hotties....

Have we every had A-List white actresses like Salma Hayak, Julia Roberts, Angelina Jolie, Charliz Theron or Nicole Kidman get taken down hard like these sistas by the likes of Denzel, Blair Underwood, Edris Elba, Larry Fishburne or Morris Chestnut??

Nope.

Now I know there have been some black man white woman scene out there. But with those really high end babes?? Naaaah

b
Her name is Zoe Saldana.

Will the day ever come when actresses and actors are seen first for their talent, and not categorized as a skin color?

Especially in a movie where their color should be irrelevant because it's not part of the film.

I don't see black actors or white actors, I see simply. Actors.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Her name is Zoe Saldana.

Will the day ever come when actresses and actors are seen first for their talent, and not categorized as a skin color?

Especially in a movie where their color should be irrelevant because it's not part of the film.

I don't see black actors or white actors, I see simply. Actors.

If the reverse was done with as much ease as black female / white male , I would agree.

But it's glaring.....

Old 09-13-2012, 05:22 AM

365 posts, read 644,672 times
Quote:
If the reverse was done with as much ease as black female / white male , I would agree.

But it's glaring.....
Because most of the Hollywood writers are white men. It's their fantasy world. White men get all of the hot minority women and regulate minority men to semi-homosexual roles.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:53 AM

^ ^

Great point.....and i think that's the whole thing in a nutshell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities