Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 08:41 AM

8,305 posts, read 13,439,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Oh pleeez.......twice ....TWICE...she said she couldn't believe she was a republican. GASP!
So what? That is slamming someone?

Quote:
Then she slyly back-handed her "she doesnt have anything going on"..."unemployed"!
Everyone looks down and disses anyone who doesn't have a job unless they been in their shoes recently.
That is a fact, do not kid yourself and she pointed out a fact, sort of like saying, who is she to take seriously?

Quote:
And then she basically called her classless for the photo she took. Why did she even have to say that?? Becuz she as trying to sting her for being what she calld her twice! A REPUBLICAN!

What did her job status and photo have to do with the question the guy asked her??? Nothing!
What did the photo have to do with the question? Dude, did you even watch the video? She posed in that outfit on purpose for her support. That was an odd and tasteless choice on her part to say the least.

Quote:
Do you really think even of those things would have been said if Stacey was supporting Obama???

And her facial expression told us everything.
Again, I don't think she even knew about what party she was voting for, she seemed surprised when she found out but the outfit she choice was classless regardless of what party she was voting for so I don't think Vivica would think highly of herself either way and I don't blame her.

My question is, why are you getting so worked up about it? I can see you are a Republican bur seriously, take a Xanax and relax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 11:07 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
Yes, some white and Hispanic people do have to jump through hoops to justify their political positions. Eva Longeria, Brad Pitt, George Clooney. There are many more. Google it. It's more common among non blacks because most black people are DEMOCRATS so they rarely have to justify the political unless they are in a position of power within the political environment. I don't think it's so much about color than political party. It is possibly about both.

Oh pleeez!! Not like black people do and you know it!

Since when do the celebs you listed had to explain themselves?? They throw campaign fund raisers for the Big O.

Just an average black person has to explain themselves to their own family!!

Old 10-29-2012, 01:17 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Oh pleeez!! Not like black people do and you know it!

Since when do the celebs you listed had to explain themselves?? They throw campaign fund raisers for the Big O.

Just an average black person has to explain themselves to their own family!!
What law says they have to?
No, they choose to, which is different.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
What law says they have to?
No, they choose to, which is different.

And black conservative choose and get attacked for their choice! WHY??

Old 10-29-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
So what? That is slamming someone?

Everyone looks down and disses anyone who doesn't have a job unless they been in their shoes recently.
That is a fact, do not kid yourself and she pointed out a fact, sort of like saying, who is she to take seriously?

What did the photo have to do with the question? Dude, did you even watch the video? She posed in that outfit on purpose for her support. That was an odd and tasteless choice on her part to say the least.

Again, I don't think she even knew about what party she was voting for, she seemed surprised when she found out but the outfit she choice was classless regardless of what party she was voting for so I don't think Vivica would think highly of herself either way and I don't blame her.

My question is, why are you getting so worked up about it? I can see you are a Republican bur seriously, take a Xanax and relax.

The million dollare question is "why aren't YOU"??

Blacks were harassed for thinking for themselves by guys like these before:

Today, we get harassed by people that look like these:

Our own.................

Old 10-29-2012, 08:13 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
who is Stacey Dash???

Old 10-29-2012, 08:16 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,194,324 times
Who cares?

Vivica doesn't have anything on Stacey Dash... she's just a hater. I wish celebrities wouldn't publicly endorse politicians, but it's Stacey Dash's right to do so, and it's Vivica's right to disagree. That doesn't make slamming Stacey Dash
for her political leanings okay, nor does it make Stacey a moron. It's sorta trashy. If I recall correctly, Vivica Fox isn't exactly the biggest celebrity either.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
who is Stacey Dash???
The black chick from Clueless.

Quote:
And black conservative choose and get attacked for their choice! WHY??
People, especially celebs, get attacked for their choices all the time. If using this incident was your platform for that then you picked a bad one. Celebs, especially black celebs, are attacked for the smallest thing, from who they vote for to how they wear their hair to certain events. This is part of life.

I still don't feel that Fox was being as nasty as you make her out to be in your posts. She said she didn't know she was a Republican(twice) and that she didn't understand why she had to show her support in that way (red swimsuit with the flag)
I stated before that she may have been making those comments based on her personal relationship with Stacey. I know they did a movie together awhile back but I don't know how close they were. Maybe she thought that the picture was out of character for Stacey.

My personal belief is that it was a publicity stunt. She may very well be a Republican and have voted for Romney but I can't think of any reason she had to get in a swimsuit in front of the flag to show her support...except that she wanted to show people that she still looks good in a swimsuit. Again, those are just my thoughts when I see her picture. If she wanted to share her endorsement online she certainly could have done that without a photo shoot. The flag and the swimsuit and the Dash America was just so "extra". I almost feel a little sad for her because it's borderline desperation. As far as job opportunities, Stacey Dash hasn't been a relevant actress in "black media" in forever. She had her little brief comeback on The Game and Single Ladies, but the truth is she's just not that good of an actress. Getting her name and face circulating the media definitely isn't going to hurt her career in any way, as I doubt those who are feigning shock and anger at her choice would have hired her anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
If I recall correctly, Vivica Fox isn't exactly the biggest celebrity either.
Nope. The biggest thing she ever did was Kill Bill and she died before the movie even started.

Last edited by nat_at772; 10-29-2012 at 09:20 PM..

Old 10-29-2012, 09:10 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
The black chick from Clueless.

thanks Nat; never seen her or Clueless.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
thanks Nat; never seen her or Clueless.
You ever see Renaissance Man with Danny Devito? She was the black chick in that movie too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities