Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 12:01 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times

Advertisements

I don't care about their political or religious views. It's not my business, just like my views aren't their business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 05:31 PM

8,311 posts, read 13,444,568 times
Same here, I don't really care nor do I really care to even hear.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:34 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55degrees View Post
Personally, I'd prefer not to know. I'm watching The Middle and thinking about Patricia Heaton and her negative tweets about Sandra Fluke. Not something I wanted to think about while watching a comedy.
I try to refrain from caring what a celebrity does outside of entertaining me. Just because they're job is in the public eye doesn't make them public servants. I don't think it's anyone's business who they vote for...how many people ask the cashiers at the store who they voted for.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:36 PM

126 posts, read 429,459 times
I care, especially when they do stupid stuff like make songs like "I got 99 problems but Mitt ain't one." I often skip out on watching certain movies, shows, and even buying music when a celebrity's political or personal beliefs go against my own. And I'm not apologizing for that.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:06 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,692 times
I find it funny when a celeb's Hollywood side and their political side conflict.

You have a guy like Kelsey Grammar, a staunch Republican take his infant to a party at the Playboy mansion.

You then have a guy like Leonardo DiCaprio, a staunch environmentalist cruising around in a private jet.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:22 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
It matters to me because I don't want to support somebody who stands for something I am against or vice versa. I try to remember they are just people with flaws and opinions like everybody else and the right to express their opinions. Still I find it difficult to watch someone perform whose politics are fundamentally 180degrees from mine. Somehow it makes me not appreciate their talents as much. maybe that doesn't make sense but it works that way for me.

I'm surprised how much I enjoy watching almost 20 year old Frazier reruns knowing what I do about Grammar's personal life and his politics. Same for Tom Selleck and Blue Bloods. But no matter how close a celebrities politics may be close to mine I don't automatically love them. Can't stand Rosie O, and even tho I'm against NRA, the way she treated Tom Selleck when he was a guest on her show was terrible (She since apologized). Won't go see a Tom Cruise movie for so many reasons even though he is immensely talented.
Love and support Tom Hanks, George Cloony, Harry Connick, Jr. to name a few talented artists who have made their politics well known. i think if I was starting our in the entertainment business I would concentrate on my career publicly and keep my politics to myself and then use my popularity to support dear causes.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:08 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,108 times
One man I greatly admire is Denzel Washington. He has done a lot for veterans and other groups.
His new movie was more of a charitable venture to help open the eyes of the public to A&D issues
in today's world.
The other thing I like about the man is he keeps his politics pretty quiet. I really don't know what
his affiliation is but I do know the good that he does. The Hollywood crowd could learn a lot
from the example he sets.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:20 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Celebrities have opinons?????

Whoda thunk it.....

I would say "I don't give a ****" but since **** is a banned word and in keeping with the upcoming Christmas Holidays I'll say "I don't give a fig."

Old 12-09-2012, 04:21 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
^Plus 1 on Denzel and the good he does......Is that the SAME Denzel, that's a GREAT actor?

Old 12-09-2012, 04:34 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,849,725 times
I care about those who lavish my candidate (s) with their money......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities