Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:42 PM

560 posts, read 1,548,325 times

Advertisements

It seems this show, which started just last week, will do well. I see that Miss Good is all grown up and looks serious and different. Has anyone seen the episode yet? It is on NBC Network.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 08:56 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,552,601 times
It's a T.V. Drama, not a film. I think it will be a good series. Meagan Goode is a great choice as the lead actress in this show.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:16 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,365,940 times
I've never been a fan of Megan because she always plays the girlfriend or the hot chick, so I was interested in seeing how she handles a lead role. I caught some of tonight's episode after the Biggest Loser. It seemed like an interesting watch but I'll admit I was a little disappointed that her love interest isn't black. Not that I mind interracial relationships but sometimes I feel like Hollywood has this perception that if they cast too many black people it becomes a "black show" and white people won't watch it.

I plan on watching again though.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:17 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,670,840 times
Forgot all about this. Maegan is the finest black woman ever.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
It's a T.V. Drama, not a film. I think it will be a good series. Meagan Goode is a great choice as the lead actress in this show.

I agree, I meant to say Drama. Anyway, it was different to see her not only in a lead role like you say but also a serious one. I say 'serious' because like the other poster stated, she usually plays a hot chick in most of the movies she is in. The latest one I watched her in was 'Jumping the Broom' so to see her playing a serious role in the TV drama, was quite a change. Anyway, I read somewhere today that the show is not doing well so far, therefore I will not be surprised if they take it off the air in the next several weeks. It's all about ratings so I feel bad for the whole cast, not just her.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
I've never been a fan of Megan because she always plays the girlfriend or the hot chick, so I was interested in seeing how she handles a lead role. I caught some of tonight's episode after the Biggest Loser. It seemed like an interesting watch but I'll admit I was a little disappointed that her love interest isn't black. Not that I mind interracial relationships but sometimes I feel like Hollywood has this perception that if they cast too many black people it becomes a "black show" and white people won't watch it.

I plan on watching again though.
I've never been a fan of hers either for the same reasons you mentioned, which was why I was very surprised to see her portrayed like she is in this new drama. They probably did not make her love interest black for the ratings but surprisingly, I read somewhere today that the rating so far is low so let's keep on watching until they take it off the air soon.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:54 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,670,840 times
if she gets naked the ratings will go up

Old 01-16-2013, 06:04 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,365,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatiana1 View Post
I've never been a fan of hers either for the same reasons you mentioned, which was why I was very surprised to see her portrayed like she is in this new drama. They probably did not make her love interest black for the ratings but surprisingly, I read somewhere today that the rating so far is low so let's keep on watching until they take it off the air soon.
From what I read of the reviews Deception was unable to draw in black female viewers. Perhaps many of them felt the same way we do and have never been fans of MG. But they're basically saying that this show won't last because it's not as good as Scandal. I haven't seen Scandal so I don't know what the shows have in common.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:49 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,194,788 times
Meagan is so hot

Old 01-19-2013, 12:55 PM

632 posts, read 1,029,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Maegan is the finest black woman ever.
After:

Beyonce
Halle Berry
Lolo Jones
Rashida Jones
Jessica Ennis
Naomi Campbell
Tyra Banks
Hillary from Fresh Prince
Vanessa Williams
Alicia Keys
The chick in the powder blue bikini in the "Freak a leak" video
Traci Bingham
Mya Rudolph
Chilli from TLC
Lisa Bonet
Thelma from Good Times
Dorothy Dandgridge
Sanaa Lathan
Staci Dash
Michael Michele
Vanity
Gugu Mbatha-Raw (Look her up. WOW WOW WOW)
Rosario Dawson

If I expanded my list a little longer, Meagan Good would make it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities