Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 12:52 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times

Advertisements

R.I.P. she was everyone's favorite Mouseketeer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 01:04 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
she really had fought the good fight. Always seemed to be so genuinely kind,good natured and was oh so beautiful. Rest In Peace.......

had NO idea until today that she had been in an MS coma for years
http://www.people.com/people/article...201344,00.html

Last edited by PippySkiddles; 04-08-2013 at 01:39 PM..

Old 04-08-2013, 03:50 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,312,833 times
Bless her heart. RIP

Old 04-08-2013, 05:49 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,502,237 times
The MS took her ability to walk and talk, at least she is free from that horrible condition. She seemed like such a sweet lady.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:23 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,891,510 times
Annette was an icon of my childhood...now she is free of the terrible disorder which took so much from her, but which never could take her brave and loving spirit.

Annette's memory will live long.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:42 PM

18,210 posts, read 25,846,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
The MS took her ability to walk and talk, at least she is free from that horrible condition. She seemed like such a sweet lady.
VLWH is right. Over the past decade she needed help with everything-all the way down to chewing her food and saying a simple sentence. One of my neighbors has been in the advanced stages of multiple sclerosis for some time. Like other neurological disorders such as ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) this is a hideous, horrible disease.

When she was diagnosed with MS, she didn't sit around and feel sorry for herself. She got the word out about her condition at the same time she wanted to make a difference. And that is creating the Annette Funicello Research For All Neurological Disorders. And that foundation has been going on ever since it was created in the early 1990's. She wanted to make a difference and dedicated the rest of here life, as debilitating as it became in the last 15 years, to fight multiple sclerosis. Says a lot about her.

She will be missed. RIP, Annette.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:31 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
R.I.P. Annette. You were a major part of my very happy childhood.

"Now it's time to say 'goodbye'............."

Old 04-09-2013, 01:12 AM

2,957 posts, read 12,722,636 times

Old 04-09-2013, 02:03 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
Default Annette was a magnificent human being

When I looked into that beautiful face of Annette Funicello, I was always reminded that heaven really does exist here on earth, and that angels are indeed among us. She was purely an angel in appearance and spirit. Cute as a button. As long as she was around, I knew that there was good in the world. May she rest in peace.

Another magnificent human being taken down by a deadly disease, in this case M.S. Here we are spending billions to finance political campaigns, nation-building abroad, and sending spaceships to Mars, while diseases are winning the war against us. With all these so-called super-brilliant kids entering colleges like Yale, Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Berkeley, with their 4.9 averages on a 4 point scale, extraordinary personal statements detailing amazing feats of courage and utter brilliance, and flooding the science, math, medicine, and technology fields, where in the hell is the thrust of their creativity and blinding brilliance in fighting these diseases? Jesus Christ! Guess they're too busy creating social networks, pretending to be somebody with bling, bling, and content slaving in front of computer screens in their Ugg boots and thick plastic retro eyeglass frames. Absolutely no impact where it counts...finding cures for diseases like M.S., Cancer, Alzheimer's, HIV,...

The priorities are bass ackwards. An appalling shame.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:47 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,187,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Now its time to say goodbye -- to Annette.

Mickey Mouse Club "Alma Mater" Song 1950 Mouseketeers - YouTube
This song has been going through my head since yesterday afternoon when I heard of Annette's death. It was even in my dreams. Thank you for posting it, RJ.

I was 3 when I started watching The Mickey Mouse Club and it was such a big part of my childhood. I "girl crushed" on Annette. Being an MS patient too, I'm so sad she had the "bad kind" (there are two kinds of MS). I cried when I heard she had lost the ability to speak and shocked that she was in a coma for years. One more thing that my fav Mouseketeer has taught me....how blessed I am that I have "the good kind".

Mic...see you later,
key...because we like you!!!!
Mouse

Rest in Peace, Annette.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities