Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 04:52 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times

Advertisements

"I'm an American standing on American soil!"

Is there a petition anywhere to deport Reese Witherspoon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 06:58 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,374,430 times
After watching the video it's even more embarrassing than I thought. Cripes, she's not a college student, she's 37. Grow the F up.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:40 PM

291 posts, read 377,730 times
Driving drunk, yes that is a serious issue. However, saying dumb*ss things when drunk-I can totally relate. The thing is in our town if you get out of a car when you get pulled over (even for a minor thing)-you may get shot. Officers have to take it seriously. She does not really sound that drunk though...yes, she says ridiculous things- but was it easier to blame it on "having too much to drink" vs admitting you are simply arrogant & run your mouth when sober? hmm....

Old 05-03-2013, 10:11 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlove View Post
Driving drunk, yes that is a serious issue. However, saying dumb*ss things when drunk-I can totally relate. The thing is in our town if you get out of a car when you get pulled over (even for a minor thing)-you may get shot. Officers have to take it seriously. She does not really sound that drunk though...yes, she says ridiculous things- but was it easier to blame it on "having too much to drink" vs admitting you are simply arrogant & run your mouth when sober? hmm....

absolutely!! this ^ yes!!! great points

Old 05-03-2013, 11:57 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
omg! Celebrity gossip, news photos, babies, couples, hotties, and more - omg! from Yahoo!

must say-I'm surprised at her behavior;disappointed in them both.
The comments below the story cracked me up.
Driving drunk is in no way funny though.
I respect her now in a way that I did not before. There was nothing snotty about what she said. There were no four letter words being spewed. She stood her ground and demanded her rights as an "American". Even when she told the officer "do you know who I am?", she did so to tell him that this arrest would be publicized. Big deal. I love her for the way that she stood up for herself.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:02 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
people weren't saying that when Mel Gibson was inebriated and running off at the mouth. He got so much flack for it and those dissing him said drunks say what they mean --truth serum. Reese should be held to the same standard.
Maybe it's WHAT Mel Gibson said, dontcha think? If Reese had frothed about Jews, homosexuals and blacks like precious Mel, she'd be getting dissed too.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:52 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I respect her now in a way that I did not before. There was nothing snotty about what she said. There were no four letter words being spewed. She stood her ground and demanded her rights as an "American". Even when she told the officer "do you know who I am?", she did so to tell him that this arrest would be publicized. Big deal. I love her for the way that she stood up for herself.
Quote:
Maybe it's WHAT Mel Gibson said, dontcha think? If Reese had frothed about Jews, homosexuals and blacks like precious Mel, she'd be getting dissed too.

oh come on wehotex, you know she broke the law by not staying in the car,as ordered by the cop. She's lucky he didn't shoot her azz. She was exercising her rights as a celebrity-not as a citizen.
She didn't stand up for herself--she broke the law. If she had not broke the law there would have been no cause to arrest her. Even her husband knew she had effed up

Old 05-04-2013, 03:01 AM

486 posts, read 863,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i think it's sad and i don't think any less of her. she was obviously drunk. i know i have done and said things that i wish i hadn't while drinking. i'm sure she is very embarrassed. none of you have said or done anything after having too much to drink that embarrassed yourself or the people with you? the driving drunk part is bad. no doubt about that. i'll bet there is more than one of us here that has had one too many drinks and got in the car and drove home. i hope they have learned a lesson and don't do it again. but i am not judging them. i think it's always sad when stuff like this happens. fortunately nobody was hurt. that's the most important thing.

Quote:
She is an idiot. No one in their right mind will argue with a police officer when being pulled over and
having one to many. Since she's 37, a mother and one of the greatest known hollywood stars
Not an excuse and shows what her true character and personality is like - arrogant and nasty.
Oh but now she's sorry, as most drunks are after they get caught. If you love the limelight then you
should watch what you say and do - so no sympathy and now she has to deal with reality when she
goes to court.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:12 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times

Old 05-04-2013, 03:52 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,818,808 times
Sad, I thought she was one of the few hopes for the Hollywood crowd. It's clear they all are special and entitled to live large!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities